“Already planning next year's stay.”
Review of Beach View Motel

Beach View Motel
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is our second year at Beach View and if all goes well we will be there next year. My husband and I take our grandchildren ages 10 and 4. We were fortunate enough to get the same room this year. Our 4 year old wonders who will take cars of "our" room until we get back. The location is wonderful, the staff excellent. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Adele P, Manager at Beach View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

So happy to hear that you enjoyed your second stay with us. I certainly appreciate you writing this review to share your experience at the Beach View. I look forward to seeing you again next year. Please assure your young grandson we will take good care of his room until he returns.

Adele

Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This place has a lovely staff! It's in a great location! There's wonderful access to the boardwalk and beach! The pool is really nice for kids and a nifty place to cool off after leaving the beach for the day. I just love this place!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Adele P, General Manager at Beach View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank for your kind words and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your experience at the Beach View. We appreciate your business and can't wait for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This truly is the BEST place to stay in Rehoboth! Every one that works there, from general manager to housekeeping are the most helpful, kind, and polite employees that would do anything possible to make your stay enjoyable! There are also "perks" by staying here. They serve up an Awesome little breakfast buffet, and also serve up yummy chocolate chip cookies and wine in the late afternoon. The pool is a nice size and a very convenient access from any room. It is literately a hop, skip, and a jump to the boardwalk, awesome gift shops, and incredible restaurants to explore. Definitely would recommend everyone with or with out children to stay here. Also arcade, mini golf, games, and rides are right there to enjoy!! What I LOVE the most are the rooms on the balcony side...with three floors, the view will surely please you. A MUST VISIT, you will not be Disappointed!!! :)

Room Tip: If I were you, I would without a "DOUBT" pick a Beachview room for sure!!! Love the balco...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy W

Many thanks, Cindy W., for being such a wonderful guest. We build our business on repeat guests and the good word they spread for us, so I am sincerely grateful to you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Beach View and especially for making the Beach View your home at the beach. We truly strive to make the hotel feel like your personal beach house by offering exceptionally friendly service in a comfortable environment. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to continuing to improve upon the experience every time you stay with us.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

It's been seven or eight years since I've last been to Rehoboth; so felt like taking a trip out & decided to stay at the Beach View for the first time ever.

The staff were very cordial & nice. The stay includes daily, morning breakfast consisting of egg muffins (four different varieties), french toast (in a muffin shape) with maple syrup on the side, various breads (I chose raison bread) to toast, bagels, small pastries &/or what appeared to be a pop tart, cereals, one fresh fruit daily (cantaloupe or watermelon), 2% milk &/or half & half, apple &/or orange juice, coffee &/or tea, & cold water. The folks in charge of breakfast kept everything continuously restocked. Also there were plenty of supplies on hand (napkins, paper plates & cereal bowls, cups, utensils, sugar &/or substitutes, two (four-slice) toasters. There is also a fairly large table/seating area to eat at which is located off to the side from the check-in counter. Starting at 5:00 p.m., they set out two carafes of wine (one white & the other red) along with crackers & cheese spread. At 8:00 p.m., a plate full of homemade chocolate chip cookies are set out & which are available until gone.

My room was a 3rd floor balcony with two queen beds & full bath. The rooms entrances face Beach View's parking lot & pool area, while the balcony (with two rockers & table) from the opposite room's end faces upon Wilmington Ave. I was easily able to view the ocean from my balcony; but the beach/boardwalk areas are obscured by both the growing trees (that align the Beach View's Wilmington Ave. street entrance) &/or other buildings. I do have to be fair & admit that one will hear some of the swimming pool folks, street people traffic, vehicles, funland/amusement sounds, & even (morning refuse &/or delivery) trucks; with the truck noise tending to be more profound over the rest. But I fully understand the tradeoffs if you want to stay in a balcony room. Otherwise, the Beach View also offers pool view rooms too (no balcony). At night, I didn't hear any noise from their swimming pool; I assume they must close the pool off once it becomes dusk. In other words both room versions are accessible via from (1st, 2nd, or 3rd floor levels) outside walkways overlooking the parking lot & swimming pool areas. Guests can use either the stairways or the elevators. There is an ice machine & washer/dryer area located on the 1st level; ice is 25 cents. I believe the pool area is accessible via the 1st level (one level up from the street/office's bottom level).

The room I stayed in was very clean, although extremely basic & not very spacious in size. Two queen beds, a small table with 2 chairs, a desk with chair, flat-screen tv, a small two-foot wide bi-fold door closet, a vanity/sink base separated (by a door) from the (queen room's) bathtub/commode room area. To clarify, the queen bed rooms upon entering have the vanity sink base outside the bathroom. My understanding is that with the King bed rooms, the tub, commode & sink vanity are altogether (as opposed to being separated). Each room has it's own mini-fridge (very cold & functionally excellent) & a small microwave oven. The floors have a large area rug with faux or Masonite, wood-like flooring. The beds are comfortable. Space walking clearance between the foot bed & the desk/base units only allow a mere 28-30 inches; so the walk through space between both is very limited. The night table has a digital clock & phone. One thing lacking I wish their rooms would have had would be a small, personal room safe to lock small items in.

Housekeeping was very excellent during each day they serviced my room. Everything was restocked & the bed made up. Seemed like my room was done up by no later than 1:30 p.m. each afternoon; I did place the "service please" sign outside on the door knob. The opposite has something to the effect "do not disturb."

Guests can borrow (sign out for) chairs from the Beach View to take onto the beach if need be. I didn't use theirs because I brought both my own chaise & chair.

As for the location of the Beach View, it can't be beat. Only one block away from Rehoboth Ave. It's next door to the Royal Treat ice cream parlor (yummy); which btw, also serves breakfast in the mornings. And so "extremely" easy & close to walk to many great restaurants &/or eateries without taking the car off the parking lot. Both Jakes Seafood & Ambrosia (Italian)are two of my favorite restaurants; dined at each one twice during my four-night stay. I know it's awful, but on the number of occasions I've been to Rehoboth, I've never tried Grotto's Pizza nor Nicola Bola (I skip lunch); nor have I eaten at Mariacchi which is always busy. Beach/boardwalk access from the hotel is only 1/2 block away; so while not oceanfront, it's still nice & convenient to be almost directly adjacent to it.

Though I would like to go back to the Beach View this Summer, it appears their rooms for this season are filled up. So unless I decide to go in Sept. (which is nearly filled up), I guest I'll have to wait until next Summer. Even given their rooms small &/or limited square footage in regards to available space area, I still would highly consider the Beach View as my choice.

To all the staff at the Beach View, I'd like to say "thank you very much."

Room Tip: Poolside or Balcony view, I don't think you can go wrong with either version at the Beach View.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank baseballdc

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to write that very thorough review. I'm glad you chose to stay with us at the Beach View and that you have been attempting to make reservations to stay with us again. I appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us at the Beach View.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is a great place to stay at the beach. The rooms are very clean - and well not luxurious more than adequate. The location is awesome - you are right off the boardwalk. They provide chairs, pool, outside shower, and a continental breakfast. The staff worked with us for check in and check out to work around our schedules. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

It is with great pleasure to read your review and have you as our guest. You hit on so many of the things we focus on and work hard to present to our guests. Within our hotel group our motto is “Friendliness and Cleanliness”. While it is a very basic statement it truly is the base on which any successful hotel must be built. We try to take that base to the next level and beyond to deliver an experience that truly sets us apart not just in our markets but anywhere you may stay. We are not a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton property but we don’t charge their rates either. That being said we do deliver excellent customer service in a clean, comfortable, and relaxing environment and it’s at the beach! Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and especially thank you for choosing to stay with us, it is sincerely appreciated.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was our first time staying at this hotel and we loved it! The beach was right down the block and Funland was next door. The pool was on the smaller side but never got super crowded so it was fine. Most people went to the beach during the day and came to the pool later. Loved the location as it was near everything - we didn't move our car the entire 4 days we were there. My son loved the chocolate chip cookies - but get there early as they run out fast! Our room was clean and spacious. We plan to stay here next time we visit Rehoboth Beach!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the _____. We are grateful to you for your business and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review us. Your experience is what we strive to deliver for all of our guests as we work hard to offer a hotel stay that is unique in its friendliness of staff and the charm of the property. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Recently stayed a couple days in Rehoboth, the second time I've visited. The Beach View is not a very fancy place - but it covers all the essentials. It's major strength is that it's in an awesome location. It's right next to the boardwalk and beach, a minute or two from the main strip, and has some of the tastier food options right up the block. The staff was friendly and the room clean. Definitely would consider staying here again. The only knock is that it's a bit loud - it's right near the boarwalk arcade.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us at the_____ . Your kind words are the reward for which we work hard to achieve. I am grateful to you for taking the time to write the review and I sincerely appreciate your business. I hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.