“Friendly and accommodating”
Review of Beach View Motel

Beach View Motel
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My son was staying at a fancier hotel 2.5 blocks west of the Beach View (hence, further from the beach) that cost over $100 more per night, and it was difficult not to compare the two. I liked the Beach View better - much friendlier. Although it doesn't appear to be set in stone, the general policy seems to be that when you arrive (which was noon for me), if there is a free parking place, you can pick up your permit to park your car early. My room was also clean and available, so they allowed me to check in. Although their general policy is a minimal two-night stay, I checked the reservations online and found a single date sandwiched between two longer stays so they were happy to let me stay for that one night. Their policy for the date you are checking out is that as long as you check out by 11:00 am, you can keep your car in the lot until 2:00 pm as long as you leave them your car key and cell phone number. The parking spots are not assigned by number or anything. They also have a shower available for guests who have checked out. My son's hotel instead charged a $9 per day parking fee, plus they had in their contract that if an unregistered guest was found visiting your room, you would be charged a $200 fine. Seriously?! I can't even wait on their porch while they are finishing getting ready?! No such wording on the contract at the Beach View.
Yes, you can hear the screaming kids on the rides at the Fun House next door, but not after 11 pm, and yes, you can hear the beach cleaners and delivery trucks in the early hours, but this is just part of the "beach" experience. You just can't beat having your room so close to the beach that it is basically in your back yard.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DelawarianFemale
Adele P, General Manager at Beach View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

I am grateful to you for the recommendation of our hotel. Thank you for spreading the good word about the quality of product we deliver during a stay with us. We strive to offer a unique combination of friendliness, cleanliness, and charm at the Beach View. I appreciate your business and you taking the time to write a review, Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is super cute, the staff is friendly and attentive. Located in the best possible place in the whole of Rehoboth - close to the best restaurants, the beach & boardwalk. Free wifi, cookies & breakfast! Can't be beaten. I will stay here every time I'm at the Delaware beach.

• Stayed: August 2014

While we also believe we have an excellent location, it is nicer when it is coupled with the great service from our front desk staff, the clean accommodations provided by our housekeeping staff and nice amenities. Thank you for the kind words and for helping others make the decision to stay with us at the Beach View. Your business and time in placing the review is sincerely appreciated.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Spent two nights here in July (always stay here for the past few years) while taking kids to beach/Funland. The hotel is perfectly located for a family stay and trip to the beach (which is only a short walk) and then the boardwalk and its amusements are super close as well. A bit noisier than I remember and the complimentary breakfast was very low quality. They do have it though and wine and cheese in the evenings. Nice place. Tries really hard. Rooms OK...shower got clogged, cable didn't work (and it was too late to contact the office they were closed), beds need replacing, pillows really cheap, kept moderately clean...don't expect much there - it's more about where this hotel is than what it is (for me).

3  Thank Vanessa G

Vanessa G. I am so disappointed that we did not meet your expectations in any area but location.
I truly appreciate your past business, but it sounds like it might be time for you to search for accommodations that are better suited to your needs.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We have stayed here 4 times and it just keeps getting better and better!! The rooms are spotless! They have a wonderful continental breakfast. They have a complimentary afternoon wine and cheese. The pool is delightful. We won't stay anywhere else. There is a parking spot per room. It's very close to the boardwalk and beach. The staff is very friendly. I Always request a first floor room with balcony and it is always available for me. The balcony is nice. They have rocking chairs on it and a little table. You can see the ocean from the balcony. I believe this is the best hotel in Rehoboth Beach!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Prin1212

Many many thanks to you for being such a wonderful guest. We build our business on repeat guests and the good word they spread for us, so I am sincerely grateful to you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Beach View. We strive to make the Beach View your "home at the beach". It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to continuing to improve upon the experience every time you stay with us.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here a second time (me, the wife, and the boy), since we had such a nice experience last year. More updates since 2013, and still just as clean, friendly, and comfortable! This is one not to miss! A true gem. Perfect location to boot.

Room Tip: Pick a balcony room for sure.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Beach View for the second time. We are grateful to you for your business and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review us. Thank you for your kind words. We are looking forward to seeing you for your third stay with us.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We usually stay at another hotel on the boardwalk - i.e. it was always our go to place to stay. However, this year we decided to try something new (due to increase prices and deteriorating conditions of the hotel we used to stay at). So based on previous Tripadvisor reviews, we decided on Beach View Motel this summer. I am so happy that we did. Seriously. In fact, the "Motel" part really does not do this little hidden jewel any justice! And our reasons are:

-Clean! Usually I am so sleeved out by the bathroom the most but the tub was so clean that I didn't feel 'gross' giving my kids a bath in it. I know that may sound strange but moms out there will understand. In fact, everything in the room was clean!
-Truly beach front! It was so nice being so close to the Boardwalk and the beach! It's also prime location with Funland being a quick walk across the street and a convenient grocery store a block or two away.
-The staff there were so accommodating. Excellent customer service!
-They have your typical amenities like ice machine, vending machines and even washer and dryer on site.
-The free Continental breakfast is yummy - there is something for everyone! I also always expect the worse (usually diluted) coffee but it was surprisingly yummy too! They also have complimentary wine and cheese in the early evenings and fresh baked chocolate cookies in the evenings!
-They provide free beach chairs which is great too!
-Honestly, I don't think any particular room here would be bad at all. We didn't particularly have any issues with noise and such.

Sorry for all of the exclamation points - we're just truly pleased with our first time experience here. I think this will be our new place to stay every summer now.

Room Tip: I think any room here would be fine - even the pool side ones.
1  Thank Meemers333

Thank you for such a wonderful review. It makes me proud to read your appreciation of our hard working staff. It is our goal to make the first stay with us the first of many to come. I am happy to read that we have succeeded in delivering a wonderful hotel stay for you. I sincerely appreciate you choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to let others know about your experience at the Beach View. I am looking forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We visited Rehoboth the weekend of July 25th and was so happy this hotel was available again. This was our second time staying and I was very pleased with the hospitality of the staff and happy to have such a great location to enjoy with my family. The breakfast is very nice, but the lobby gets crowded fast. The pool was clean and the rooms were nice. Not the comfiest beds, but fine. The hotel could use a little freshening up. Especially the carpets, but don't let that stop you. I am just very picky about my hotel rooms, but the bed linens and the towels were well laundered and fresh. This is a great location to stay with children, steps from the beach and the Playland. I recommend the 1st floor because it is close to the pool and the laundry facility, which we like to use to rinse out and dry our towels each night. However, that being said, this isn't a huge hotel and you can't go wrong with any floor. Enjoy!

1  Thank Proud_Mom42

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us at the Beach View. Your kind words are the reward for which we work hard to achieve. I am grateful to you for taking the time to write the review and I sincerely appreciate your business. We are making some plans for a less crowded lobby. I hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rehoboth Beach
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
#5 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conferenc...
#20 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Atlantic View Hotel
Atlantic View Hotel
#2 of 13 in Dewey Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach

Been to Beach View Motel? Share your experiences!