“Labor Day at the Beach View”
Review of Beach View Motel

Beach View Motel
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reading, Pennsylvania, United States
“Labor Day at the Beach View”
Reviewed 3 September 2014

I spent July 4th at the Beach View and had a wonderful time. When I returned to Rehoboth for Labor Day weekend, of course I had to stay at the Beach View. The rooms are clean and fresh and the staff is all very friendly and welcoming!! Location is great---close to the beach and near lots of great places to eat. Can't wait to go back again!!!

• Stayed September 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KimberlyP732
Adele P, General Manager at Beach View Motel, responded to this review, 10 October 2014
I am grateful to you for the recommendation of our hotel. We have built our business on guests spreading the good word about the quality of product we deliver during a stay with us. We strive to offer a unique combination of friendliness, cleanliness, and charm at the Beach View that isn't easily found in a hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it is sincerely appreciated. Looking forward to your next visit.

ADELE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I didn't think it could be done: a motel which could provide tranquility in the midst of Labor Day chaos. But the Beach View Motel succeeds. We were greeted cordially at the front desk, given our keys/paperwork quickly, and oriented to the amenities (wine @5P; warm chocolate chip cookies @ 8P; breakfast from 8-10A). Rooms were immaculate and furnished with the basics: A/C; cable TV; dorm-style fridge; microwave; shower/tub; 2 beds. The room was quiet day and night, despite its location on the first floor overlooking the pool. Parking was adequate. Best of all: the motel was less than a block from the beach.

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms, both on the 1st floor facing the pool. They were quiet and sunny.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Beach View. Your business and the review are sincerely appreciated. Our goal is to offer a hotel experience that will be relaxing, enjoyable, and memorable every time. It is great to hear that we delivered as you and I both expect. I hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Woodbridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Honestly, the reason why I chose this hotel was because I was looking last minute on a busy holiday weekend and they were they only hotel that had a room left in the area of Rehoboth & in the price range I was looking for. Therefore, I kept my expectations low and hoped for the best. When I got there, what a PLEASANT surprise! The room was more updated than I thought. The bathroom fixtures look modern. It really had everything we needed like a refrigerator and a microwave. We stayed in room 201, in a double bed and they were queen sized beds! They were very comfortable and even the pillows (I want to try to order these pillows for my house). The room was clean and spacious. Wifi isn’t that great, but I really don’t have too much to complain about, that would be the only thing. The location was excellent, you don’t have a beach view but you are only a few steps from the beach and downtown – especially for a pregnant lady, this was absolutely perfect. We also had a balcony with rocking chairs. Parking is free for the duration of your stay. Breakfast was continental but filled us up, they provided three types of egg omelets that were muffin sized (baked in a muffin tin) and French toast muffins, so delicious I couldn’t get enough of them. Then all the basic continental breakfast stuff: pastries, bagels, bread, yogurt, cereal and fresh fruit. Available throughout the day: coffee, tea, water, apple juice & orange juice. In the evening, there’s wine and cheese & crackers, then fresh baked chocolate chip cookies at night. That was such a nice & thoughtful treat for the guests! I really enjoyed my stay here and would love to come back again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Beach View. We appreciate your business and are grateful for you taking the time to review us. Your experience is what we strive to deliver for all of our guests as we work hard to offer a hotel stay that is unique in its friendliness of staff and the charm of the property. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Annandale, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Was surprised to find availability at the motel on Friday night of Labor Day weekend, check in and out was quick and easy, lobby with breakfast/cookies was delicious, the staff was courteous and helpful. Enjoyed having a parking spot on the most insane weekend of the year for as long as we were able, wonderful location, perfect for a family with 2 kids.

Room Tip: only suggestion is to request a room away from elevators, guests exiting are talkative, however did...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Your kind words are the reward for which we work hard to achieve. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience while staying with us at the Beach View. I am grateful for your business and I hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

“LIFE IS BETTER AT THE BEACH
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 31 August 2014

The Beachview is in a great location close to the beach, restaurants and shopping.
The breakfast, wine and cheese and cookies are a nice touch.
Having access to beach chairs also eliminates the need to bring your own chairs which helps having less to pack in the car.
The staff is friendly and courteous.
Our room was cleaned early each morning which was nice not to be wondering when the housekeeper would arrive. Kimberly kept our room spotless

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor have a view of the ocean
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Adele P, General Manager at Beach View Motel, responded to this review, 6 October 2014

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

This was our 11th year in a row to come to Rehoboth, but our very first stay in the downtown area....and we made an excellent choice at the Beach View Motel. We had a third floor balcony room, with a very decent view of the ocean and Dolle's sign. Yes, there was some traffic noise, but we were near all of the action. If you have little kids, the location couldn't be more ideal for Funland in the summer. Walking onto the beach was about a minute walk out the front door of the motel. Nice that you can borrow beach chairs and don't have to pack your own. We took advantage of nightly chocolate chip cookies. Room was standard, with comfortable beds and really like having sink outside of bathroom. Being extremely critical, I would have liked the floor vacuumed more often during our stay; would move the smokers area out to the very far end of the parking lot - hated taking my asthmatic child through the smoke ring every day; and add a few more electrical outlets. But that is it. We will definitely be back!!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, while visiting Rehoboth and for taking the time to share your experience while staying at the Beach View. While there were a few items I also believe we can work on and improve, I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will return again.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Very nice hotel with exceptional staff. The management went out of her way to make our stay fantastic. Close to the boardwalk and beach. Many amenities with the nice breakfast to cookies for the kids at night. Very pleased with our stay. Will book again.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us at the Beach View. Your kind words are the reward for which we work hard to achieve. I am grateful to you for taking the time to write the review and I sincerely appreciate your business. I hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

“LIFE IS BETTER AT THE BEACH