“Fantastic”
Review of Nonna's Sweet Treats - CLOSED

Nonna's Sweet Treats
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Nonna's is a family run business on Rehoboth Avenue operated by three generations of Italian women. We serve breakfast daily in addition to some of the best desserts on the Avenue! Stop in for breakfast and try our freshly prepared frittata (the Italian version of an omelette; started on the stovetop and finished in the oven), oatmeal prepared with steel cut oats, nuts, fresh fruit and brown sugar, our famous baked blueberry Challah french toast, stuffed croissants, bagels or choose from our assortment of fresh baked danish and donuts. And don't forget our Liege waffle - it's not just for dessert anymore. When you're ready for a sweet treat, Nonna's is the place to go. Everything is made from scratch on the premises, under the watchful eye of Nonna herself. From freshly made pizzelles, biscotti, and Italian cookies to Italian cheesecake, gluten free tiramisu, and our classic Italian Rum Cream Cake. We also have freshly prepared eclairs, cream puffs and Cannoli that can't be beat - we even make the shells. And for a truly unique sweet treat, try our Liege waffle. The Leige waffle is nothing like the Belgian waffles commonly available elsewhere. Named for a town in southern Belgium, the Liege waffle is made from a yeast dough and contains chunks of Belgian Pearl Sugar which caramelize on the outside of the delicious, buttery-sweet waffle. Enjoy it plain or top it with ice cream, fresh fruit or any combination of toppings to create a unique sweet treat!
Dover
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I went to Belgium when I was 12 and had authentic Belgium Waffles. This is the first and only place in the states that I've found that has authentic Belgium waffles that taste exactly like the real deal. We love this place and it has become our go to dessert place whenever we are in Rehoboth! Love, love, love Nonna's!!

“Unlike Any Other”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing! After finding this on Trip Advisor, my husband and I decided to give it a try. Great experience and wonderful treats. We had a waffle (not your normal waffle) with coffee ice cream. Delicious! Go!!!

Ligonier, Pennsylvania
“Bravo!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Skip dessert at the restaurant and stroll over to Nonna's for the best sweet fix in Rehoboth. Everything is primo, made with detail to every last layer of flavor. You don't have to go to Italy for ricotta pie. The rum cake is the bomb! Thanks for bringing Italy to the beach.

1 Thank BL H
Dunmore
“Delicious !”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Right when you walk in, one of the owners is standing near the waffle machine and will explain to you basically what they do and how the waffle are made, when I tell you this was the best waffle I ever had, I'm not lying ! The first time I went there, I got a Cannoli Waffle... It was absolutely amazing! They server Bassett's ice cream, which is the oldest ice cream maker in the US, my boyfriend got an ice cream sandwich, with two waffle and ice cream in the middle... The ice cream was out of this world... So the next night I had to go back! I got a waffle sundae and it was amazing! Do not leave Rehoboth Beach without getting one of their desserts! They also have Italian cookies there , of course we also tried some of those, so delicious! I cannot wait to go back next year! The owners are also very nice and welcoming!

1 Thank DanielleK1995
New Britain, Connecticut
“Do not leave Rehoboth without a waffle sundae!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

When you walk into this little place, the first thing you will notice is that is smells like heaven. And the waffles taste even better than they smell! The staff was super friendly and did a great job at selling me at the waffle sundae. They explained how they made the waffles while making mine right in front of me. Everything in the store is apparently made on the premise - I can't speak to how delicious everything else is but those waffles are amazing. They are cooked with sugar and honey inside, giving a crunchy, caramelized texture outside and a soft, sweet inside. Put some ice cream on top and it's absolutely sinful! Not to miss!!

3 Thank Nicole F