“Amazing!!!!”
Review of Nonna's Sweet Treats - CLOSED

Nonna's Sweet Treats
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Nonna's is a family run business on Rehoboth Avenue operated by three generations of Italian women. We serve breakfast daily in addition to some of the best desserts on the Avenue! Stop in for breakfast and try our freshly prepared frittata (the Italian version of an omelette; started on the stovetop and finished in the oven), oatmeal prepared with steel cut oats, nuts, fresh fruit and brown sugar, our famous baked blueberry Challah french toast, stuffed croissants, bagels or choose from our assortment of fresh baked danish and donuts. And don't forget our Liege waffle - it's not just for dessert anymore. When you're ready for a sweet treat, Nonna's is the place to go. Everything is made from scratch on the premises, under the watchful eye of Nonna herself. From freshly made pizzelles, biscotti, and Italian cookies to Italian cheesecake, gluten free tiramisu, and our classic Italian Rum Cream Cake. We also have freshly prepared eclairs, cream puffs and Cannoli that can't be beat - we even make the shells. And for a truly unique sweet treat, try our Liege waffle. The Leige waffle is nothing like the Belgian waffles commonly available elsewhere. Named for a town in southern Belgium, the Liege waffle is made from a yeast dough and contains chunks of Belgian Pearl Sugar which caramelize on the outside of the delicious, buttery-sweet waffle. Enjoy it plain or top it with ice cream, fresh fruit or any combination of toppings to create a unique sweet treat!
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The absolute most amazing homemade waffles with ice cream and fresh strawberries!!! The employees were wonderful;). We will be going back for sure!!

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Two days in Rehoboth = 4 visits to Nona's. The waffles are addictive, the cream puff delicious, and the lemon cookie is ridiculously good. But the people are the best. Thanks for the extra 5 pounds.

2  Thank SuzNRere
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I can't even think of the words to describe how delicious those waffles were because they left me speechless. My mouth is still watering...

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I didn't know this was the number one rated place in Rehoboth. In fact, we just stumbled into it because of the luscious smell that was wafting onto the sidewalk at the time and we were looking for something sweet. Boy am I glad we did. The "naked" liege waffles were very good with crunchy Belgian sugar inside and powdered sugar on the outside. Others in our group got the cannoli waffle and one with ice cream. We all raved at this new treat. The owner is very enthusiastic about his product. There are also Italian cookies and pies and rum cake, etc. The ricotta cookies were excellent, soft and lemony pillows. We actually hit this place twice in our week long vacation, and will definitely return if we get to Rehoboth again.

1  Thank LouiseQ
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I promised my friend I would stop at Nonna's and I'm so glad we did. Ahhh-mazing desserts - too good for words to describe. Awesome and friendly staff too.