“Horrible experience poor management”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Crosswinds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Crosswinds Motel
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Oceanport, New Jersey
“Horrible experience poor management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

I booked here because of a weekend wedding and rooms were blocked. I emailed, called months in advance and never received a response. I was told by the manager Rita she never received them.which I have proof she did receive my emails. So finally 2 weeks before the wedding I received a return call from Rita telling me if I don't call her with credit card info my fri and sat night reservation would be cancelled. I called and left her a message (they never answer the phone) and told her again I am there sat and Sunday not Friday. I was warned she is confused easily. After carefully reserving the correct dates and I was told 2 night min. We arrived at the motel late saturday because of a delay on the ferry, we were checked in by Curtis who was friendly. The next morning we went to the wedding ceremony and had an hour to freshen up before the reception. We stopped in the office to get a new parking tag (the one we had expired Sunday but we were reserved until Monday) we were told by Rita we only had sat night reservations she was hurried to tell us she can call another motel, with no explanation at all. I was thrown because I have an email stating I was reserved until Monday. And an email 2 night min? maybe they got more money from another party, who knows. No apology at all from Rita. She had no reaction but said she has no room for us we have to get out. Her reaction seemed like she was accustomed to this error on her part, regularly. She said it in a way you knew she said it before. It was a quick response to my questioning she did not pull up the emails and I did not have access to mine. But after I got home I sent a copy and of course no apology, no response. I am not surprised. This motel is poorly run. I emailed asking for the owner, who knows, maybe someday they will call me back. I will never stay there again and this motel gives rehobeth a bad name. I love that town.

Room Tip: Read reviews
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
12 Thank Karen S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Cumbola, Pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

My husband and I were in town for a wedding and booked a room at The Crosswinds. From the time we checked in until the time we checked out we were very happy with our choice. The room was very clean and the towels were the softest I have ever seen in a motel. The beds were comfotable with lots of pillows. We will stay here again when we return to Rehoboth.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

The was a perfect little motel! We were just feet away from Dog Fish Brewery and Rita is awesome. I forgot some clothes in one of the drawers and she is mailing them to me all the way back in CA!! How great is that!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

I chose the hotel for its proximity to Dogfish Head Brewpub. It's literally 40 feet away!

The communication after booking was great, the room is spotless, bed comfortable, and bathroom updated.

Wi-fi is free to guests as is parking. I walked to the ocean in about 10 minutes.

Did I mention it was $60?

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Dinksinct
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Motel location is perfect! Just a few blocks to the beach, 10 feet away from Dogfish Brew Pub (recommend 60 & 90 minute IPA). Locally run shops & of course Starbucks all within a 5 minute walk. For food, beside the pub, Arena's is local favorite. Rita at the front desk is the best. She was friendly and courteous and catered to all our needs (which basically was a simple no frills - clean comfortable room).

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank BeachTraveler31
Lititz, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

I always have the best time when we stay at the Crosswinds Motel. The staff is so welcoming and Rita does a great job at making you feel welcome. Staying at the Crosswinds is not like other Motels, you feel like you are staying in an upgraded room only for a much cheaper rate. I have stayed at many places in Rehoboth and there is no doubt that i will only book with Crosswinds Motel!

Lauren Melusky

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Lauren M
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

My husband and I were extremely pleased with every aspect of our stay at Crosswinds. We came to Rehoboth solely to visit Dogfish Head brewpub, and Crosswinds is conveniently located practically right next door. We stayed one night, a Thursday night in mid-March, practically on their opening day for the season (they are closed during the winter) and we think that we were the only guests there that night. We felt that the value for our money was formidable - we had just come from a business trip and had been staying at a hotel in northern DE which was five times as expensive, but our accommodations at Crosswinds were just about equal. Despite being very busy getting ready for opening day, Crosswinds allowed us to book a room at the last minute, just a few hours prior to our arrival. On the very cold and windy night that we arrived, they had heated up our room to a cozy 73 degrees. The room was bright and airy, cheery but modern. It was also equipped with a small refrigerator (perfect for our beer purchases!). The mattresses were firm and very comfortable. Everything was perfectly clean. And the coffeemaker is a Keurig, stocked with multiple varieties of name-brand coffee and tea– a delicious start to the day. All in all, I cannot believe that we paid so little for such nice accommodations! (Side note: If you are unable to book using the online system, DO call- the online system wouldn’t allow us to make a reservation, but we were able to do so over the phone.)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple