“Like visiting my mother for a weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crosswinds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Crosswinds Motel
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Lewes, Delaware, United States
“Like visiting my mother for a weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

The front desk is very friendly and quick to help. You have to note their hours as this is a motel but the rooms are extremely well designed for a motel. VERY clean and have all the amenities you need to rest your head while playing at the beach. I even forgot my iPhone charger and thought I was out of luck. Look, on my nightstand is a iHome clock radio with a docking station I used to charge my iPhone. I've stayed here a few times already and it's a great location where I can park my car and forget it while I'm visiting Rehoboth. I made a simple comment about how I liked the hazelnut coffee for my in room keurig. The house keeping service left me extra so I knew they listened with care. Unlike the more expensive hotels I've stayed at in town, when I called to mention the wireless seemed to be inactive, the women at the front desk immediately attended to it and said they'd reboot the router. When I asked the same of those more pricey hotels in town, they said they didn't get involved and I needed to contact their provider. The people of the crosswinds pay attention to their customers and want to give you the best experience at a great price. Big yes. Note in room refrigerator, coffee maker, onsite parking off rehoboth ave and ice makers. Not to mention working wi fi. Seriously, don't waste your money for ocean front when you can walk there. This is an excellent clean and fashionable motel with people that care.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank Steven S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is a great hotel and great value. It is right next door to Dog Fish Eats.. if you love dog fish beers you have to stay. The host is nice and down to earth. They have During in each room. If.we go back to the area we will stay there!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank pfcjones
garnet valley, pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here in September of 2012 and it was an awesome time. The rooms are updated to be pretty modern and they were nice and clean. There was no private balcony or pool or anything fancy, but the price was great for a clean, newly-updated motel right on Rehoboth Ave. We had no problems with the room, wi-fi, parking, or anything. My partner and I brought out bikes and kept them in the room, we stayed on the second or third floor and had no problem bringing them up and down to ride. We love riding around the streets and neighborhoods. This motel is in a great location, across from Grub Grocery and near Starbucks & The Cultured Pearl, and a bank if you need an ATM. It's also practically right next to Dogfishhead, 7-Eleven and the other convenience store too. There is a playground diagonally across the street as well which is nicely kept. The beach is an easy walk or bike ride away, walking right past all the great shops on Rehoboth Ave. This is now one of my favorite places to stay in Rehoboth!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank veganbunnyandcubby
Parsonsburg, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Close to everything but still quiet and clean! Nice clean modern rooms . Excellent friendly staff. great off street parking, well lit and convenient. Would recommend to anyone looking to be in the heart of Rehoboth.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank Russell H
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed at the Crosswinds for one night in March. It was perfect especially for seeing live music at the Dogfish Head! Wonderful location - next to Dogfish and a Starbucks across the street! I was very impressed with this motel as I was leery at first of a "motel". The rooms are clean and well appointed. They even have Keurig coffee makers! The proprietor/manager was super nice and very helpful. I would definitely come back here. Would love to come in-season. I'm sure the rates are much higher but I would still consider. Definitely would come back in the off season.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Elisa D
Hilo,HI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel. My 5yr old put all her prized belongings in a drawer in the hotel room. We realized after we were already on the ferry that we had forgotten to check the drawer. I called the front desk several times, sent emails, no one ever responded. I'm not sure what else to do at this point. I would really appreciate hearing from someone at the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank earlHilo
West Chester, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed here the weekend after Labor Day. We chose this motel because of its value and its proximity to the Dogfish Head restaurant (which truly is, as the Crosswinds website states, in "stumbling distance"). We arrived a little earlier than the check-in time, but we were able to check in a little early because the room was ready. The manager was incredibly friendly and helpful, and we enjoyed talking with her when we arrived as well as when we were going out for the afternoon.
When we got into the room, we were extremely impressed. The bathroom looked as if it had been redone recently, and everything was clean and cute. We got a corner room, so it probably had more space than other rooms. Also, if this is your thing, the toiletries were also really cute--they were natural and smelled very nice.
The walk to the beach was a perfect length as well--maybe a few blocks. There were shops along the way, and it was a nice little stroll.
When we woke up the next morning and went to Dogfish (again), the custodial staff greeted us kindly. Everyone was really friendly.
We would definitely return, and we likely plan to do so when they reopen in the spring.

Room Tip: We had the corner room on the second floor, and it was spacious and had a nice view of a nearby cour...