“Book it now!”
Review of Crosswinds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Crosswinds Motel
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
State College, Pennsylvania
“Book it now!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We just spent 3 days staying at the Crosswinds Motel (which we found highly recommended through TripAdvisor) and couldn't have been happier. The staff was incredibly friendly from the beginning which set a great foundation for the trip. Its location is PERFECT-in the middle of town but easy walking distance to the boardwalk and beach (only a few blocks). It's surrounded by shops, restaurants and places to grab drinks, and the coolest little grocery store is right across the street. You get off street parking-the only reason we moved our car at all was to drive into Dewey, which took less than 10 minutes. I would DEFINITELY stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking to stay in Rehobeth! Ps-their towels are the fluffiest and softest I've ever experienced at a hotel :)

• Stayed June 2014
10 Thank lmu5002

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

As always a wonderful stay. Each year something is added or redone to Make this an up to date motel. This year new beautiful king suites were added and are very stylish. It's clear that the owner , manager and staff take great pride in their motel and it shows. They truly go out of their way to make your stay relaxed and fun. It's a casual yet well equipped motel. This is not a Hilton so don't expect chocolates on the pillows, turn down service and valet parking as this is a relaxed almost Key West type motel. This is the only place we will stay since it's very convenient to the boardwalk ( threes blocks) and a short drive to the state park beaches that we prefer. Close enough to walk to everything but far enough from the crowds.

• Stayed June 2014
8 Thank jeepguysWV
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I had read good reviews on this place and knew some people who had stayed here so I decided to book early for Memorial Day weekend 2014. I was there 5 nights - Thursday through Tuesday. They had required a small deposit with 7 days to cancel before check-in - so I thought why not?

I had initially booked 4 nights in a two double room but had emailed them saying if a Queen room opened up - I'd like that. Luckily for me one did. Plus, I added on an extra night since the price was good. So I had two nights at regular rate and three nights at holiday rate. They do offer AAA discount of 10% too.

I arrived and parked easily. They have some undercover parking spaces which is great when you have a black-on-black car with leather seats! I checked-in and was given room 206 - a corner Queen room. The corner rooms are larger than the regular rooms.

It was a nice sized room. There was a large TV and fridge. The bathroom had a separate room for the toilet and shower. There were two sinks, coffeemaker and clothes hanging area. It had nice sized counter space.

The bed was pretty comfortable. Linens were pretty good too. Towels were decent too. The room was very clean. They cleaning staff were quick too - right on it when I hung out the "please service" door hanger.

There is no elevator so if you have issues walking you will want to check first - I do believe there are two ground floor rooms.

I have just a few suggestions/issues that I'd bring to their attention - one smaller than the other:
1) To help on counter space - it would be nice to have at least one towel bar/ring next to the sink. Cheap but convenient fix!
2) Wifi - they have free wifi - however the range is not good and was useless in the room. A small investment in a wifi repeater would be well worth it. I'm sure it works better in some rooms but it didn't work in 206.

I had a billing issue in that I was charged a holiday rate for the last night but this was taken care of by Rita over email within a week.

The staff here are all very friendly. I would highly suggest staying here if you are visit Rehoboth and they have vacancy!

Room Tip: 206 is a larger corner Queen room. Nice size. Wifi doesn't work here though.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
10 Thank BmoreFun77
Centreville, Maryland
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Crosswinds Motel is a great, clean, perfectly situated place to stay in Rehoboth Beach! My friends and I parked here on Friday and checked in-and didn't have to get back in the car until checkout on Sunday. We walked everywhere! Rita checked us in and out-she was great! The room was clean and comfy. Price was fabulous, especially since we didn't need to drive anywhere all weekend! Thanks, we will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mrs-Vanillathunder
Arlington, VA
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was not sure when I saw "motel" in the name, but this place was fantastic. We slept on one of the new king size beds and it was really comfortable. The room was well appointed and very clean. Every single staff we encounter was very friendly and the office staff went out of their way to help us.

The motel is just a quick stroll down the main road to the boardwalk and there are lots of places even closer for food or drinks.

I highly recommend it. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: King size rooms have new beds.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank DVila
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 May 2014

If you are looking for a comfortable place to stay in Rehoboth give the Crosswinds a try. I wanted a hotel that we could walk around town and to the beach without jumping in the car all the time. This is also great for having a couple of beers and not driving. Beer lovers can appreciate being very close to dogfish breweries bar. Nice small touches make for a nice stay...and I will stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank littlebeergirl
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 13 May 2014

To be honest, my wife was concerned when I told her we were staying in a motel. Fair enough, I've taken her to some bad places. But Crosswinds Motel exceeded our expectations, and even my very picky wife loved it! Yes, it's a motel. There are no internal hallways. But the rooms are very nice, with lots of little touches, like a Keurig coffee machine, nice furniture, comfortable beds, good towels, and a big flat screen TV. The woman at the front desk who checked us in was super friendly. Maids did a great job of cleaning our room when we left.

Location is AWESOME. It's about 20 feet from the Dogfish Head Brewpub and across the street from a Starbucks and the PEARL, which is a great sushi restaurant. Lots of parking at the motel.

Prices were unbelievably low for this area. The lady at the front desk said that's because they don't have a pool and fitness center like some of the other hotels. Don't care! We will DEFINITELY be returning if they have availability in the future!

The only "con" is that the front desk is not open all through the night... but that didn't affect us!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple