“terrible check in and late night drug busts” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Resort

Econo Lodge Resort
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Millville, Pennsylvania
“terrible check in and late night drug busts”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

My husband and I walked into the hotel to check in for our three year anniversary...the lady at the front desk (gray haired old lady) said "let me do her first and get her out of this room" the then started arguing with another guest who had requested five dollars off because she had stayed here (we are still in the hotel) before. The front desk lady chastised her in front of us, tried to embarrass her and then gave her the money off but said at least four times in a not nice tone, I'm putting notes on your account we will never do this again, ever!!! (Being a previous customer service rep and front desk association at two large hotels, I was in shock). She checked us in while complaining about the previous customer to the other front desk staff who just arrived. (A young woman with dark hair who told her that what she saw wasn't really appropriate, nor worth the agruement she walked in on. I agreed with her and said so. So, about the room... There is a huge cigarette burn on the mattress, but the bed is comfortable. The tub, is so gross and yellow, I will not be taking an anniversary bath. There are places to eat everywhere, and a lot in walking distance, there is also a KMart across the street. At 11 our trip went from, slightly annoying to full blown, never again will we stay here when there was a floor wide state police drug bust all around us....it was insane. It ended at midnight, but what kills an anniversary trip like police pounding on the doors all around you, looking for drugs. (The walls are super thin here). They did not come to our room. When I went downstairs to the front desk, the gray haired lady said "it was workers they were after, it will be addressed in our morning staff meeting"... Seriously? Does she mean they were busting hotel workers sleeping at the hotel or the construction workers I saw here yesterday..I don't know, but I do know she did not apologize to me for it, and she certainly did not offer me anything for the problem.

Room Tip: Don't stay in smoking section if you don't want to hear people get raided for drugs
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jwelman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Catasauqua, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

From reading other reviews, I wasn't surprised. I had reserved a non-smoking room; however, when I got there the hotel was full and my room was a smoking room. Smelled bad! There was a dirty towel in the bathroom. It served the purpose as I needed to stay overnight before an event in Bethany Beach and, luckily, I got there at 9pm at night left at 6am in the morning. When I unpacked at my next hotel in Rehoboth the next night, my clothes I had on at the other hotel smelled like the smokey room.
I'll book earlier and somewhere else next time.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank DebbieDeb50

Travellers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

New york
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We decided last minute to go to the outlets ... We looked online and since we are a family of 5 we need enough beds.. for under $100 we got 2 connected rooms with 2 bathrooms .. it was layed out a little weird. The room with the 2 full beds was large and had a little kitchenette and a fridge and microwave. There was a sink in the room, a sink in the bathroom and a sink by the fridge.. all these sinks why?? and there was the same amount in the king room. This room was very dark and needed one more lamp. The kids loved the large whirlpool tub and had a blast taking a bath in it.. There was also no alarm Clocks?? I did not like that I could not see the time in the middle of the night. Did not eat the breakfast it was crowded we went to cracker barrel instead...also the bed was very comfortable but we needed more pillows

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mitchell C
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

It was late, I needed a room, and didn't want to spend much. The price was right since it was the off-season for the beach area. I really didn't have high expectations. I literally thought to myself, how bad could it be?
The room was basic, the bed was not very comfortable. I could hear the people talking in the next room into the wee hours of the morning. It wasn't until I woke up in the morning that I saw a pair of dirty underpants from a previous guest in the corner of the bathroom. This just made me look at everything more closely. Time for a little remodel.
The continental breakfast was awful. Good thing Cracker Barrel shares the parking lot. Maybe they have some sort of agreement.
Next time i will spend the extra $.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank FLLKevin
Tampa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

The cost of staying her one night off set expenses for us to stay elsewhere for 2 other evenings. Even though it says non smoking- there was smoking in that room for quite some time in the past. We stayed at the Boardwalk plaza which was beautiful. I would suck it up and stay another night again if it meant I could stay at the Boardwalk for the rest of my visit. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't nice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank savytravel12
Palmyra, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

This was our first time staying at Econo Lodge. I booked mainly for the price. Turned out to be a great deal. We had a suite room which was only $10 more than a regular room. It was conveniently located by the outlets and had a Cracker Barrel in front of building. We walked across parking lot for dinner. Hotel was very clean and we had a continental breakfast. We were only down for one night but I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank R B
Schagen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

We stayed here for four nights in a row and it was a very pleasant stay.
The room had a good size and was clean. The location was good as well, it is a busy road but because it's location is not directly to the road you don't here the traffic at all.
Breakfast was also good. There was juice, tea, coffee, donuts, toast, muffins and cereal.

The hotel also had a pool which we didn't use because of the cold weather.

It's location is good as well, not more than 15 minutes to Rehoboth beach.
And dast but not least the staff was very helpful.

We will definitely come back here.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple