“Hotel Need Serious Renovation”
Review of Econo Lodge Resort

Econo Lodge Resort
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Herndon
“Hotel Need Serious Renovation”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Rohobath beach is my favorite location to spend long week ends. During the last labor day I stayed at EconoLodge "Resort". It is one of the worse hotels and I'm sure something is not right because the hotel management need to have a serious look into the hotel condition. Room is not clean, constantly smell smoke, cracks everywhere, some electric outlets are not working, glass window is dirty, the bathroom is small and terrible. In the morning when i'm walking out of my room I saw a large garbage bag falling from the upper floor straight into a large garbage disposable. I froze for a minute and i can not believe what i've seen. The place is a mess and i'll never stay in that hotel again.

Room Tip: do not book in that hotel. It's terrible!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Kennett Square, PA
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Booked 1 room for 2 nights for girls shopping weekend. Room was old & dirty. Felt uncomfortable sitting on chairs & sleeping in beds. Breakfast was OK. I would recommend spending the extra $20 and staying elsewhere.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

Muhlenberg Township, PA.
Reviewed 31 August 2012

That tries to correct any customer problem with the hotel. We had water bugs on second floor so they gave us another room on the first floor. Wi-fi in the room did not work but they also corrected this problem. The breakfast was average. The people were friendly and helpful. The outdoor pool was great. The phones did not work properly. In Rehoboth Beach, there is metered parking everywhere. Bring coins! They also have change machines. The boardwalk was clean with much to do in activities for all ages. The beach and ocean were also fine. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for Room #138. Great view of the pool area.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tonydonnare
Reviewed 26 August 2012

When checking in to the lodge the receptionist addressed me with "yes". The service us terrible here. When I called to find out what time breakfast is available the front desk answered the phone with " what". The staff here are rude and embarrassing !

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Travelbuggss
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I was invited to stay in a suite-style room here by some friends. It was apparently the only vacancy they could find for 6 people on a prime-time August weekend. It was pretty bad. There were weird stains on the walls and carpet, a giant black widow spider web on the stairwell outside of our room, and the "wood" furniture was peeled off in several places. Having a fridge and microwave in our room were perks, but I just felt gross being in the room and sleeping there. The staff was friendly enough - they just need a major renovation at this place. As it is now, I would never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I only stayed here one night on a business trip and it was awful from the man at the check-in desk who greeted me with "Yeah?" to the woman who checked me out with "And that is your receipt. Thank you so much." They never smiled or asked how my stay was--in retrospect they probably are afraid to ask because they know the guest is not going to be happy. Moving on to the room: It was filthy! The blankets were dirty and SMELLY, I found hair in the ice bucket and sheets, EVERYTHING that was metal had rust on it-including the metal tissue holder, the center of piece of the faucet was missing and was filled with crud, slime, and mildew, the shower ran alternately lukewarm and cold, there were patches of wall paper missing in the bathroom, the linoleum floor in the bathroom had holes, the walls were so thin that when the person next door to me turned his or her shower on at 5:00 am it woke me up, and to top it all off there were screaming teenage girls outside my room until 3:00 a.m. I have NEVER had an experience like this at a hotel. I stayed at a Days Inn several times last year for less money than I paid for this s-h-i-tut hole and it was beautiful, clean, and had great customer service. I will NEVER stay at ANY Econolodge or any from it's parent company Choice Hotels ever again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Exton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The good things are the continental breakfast, a VERY decent pool size, most of the guests are very friendly as well, and pretty kind staff. My family has been staying here for about 10 years now but the quality has been declining ever since. Next time we go we are either getting a suite or nothing at all. The regular rooms are in poor condition but the suites we have been in are decent. I recommend not staying here unless you book a suite room. The regular rooms have dust sitting on the TV, microwaves, etc. The non-smoking rooms smell like cigarettes anyways. There are flies in the rooms from time to time. The walls are VERY thin and there is noise practically all night. When I went to take a shower I noticed there was hair sitting in the bottom of the stall. THIS is what the maids want TIPS for? This place really needs some remodeling...

Room Tip: The regular rooms can be claustrophobic and dusty. I recommend booking a suite if you do stay here...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family