“Would Not Recommend”

Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Laurel
“Would Not Recommend”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This is the first time I have stayed in this hotel and I would not recommend it to anyone. While the staff was very friendly and helpful the suit had a bad odor, the bathroom smelled so bad the door had to remain shut not to mention the carpet needs a good scrubbing. The breakfast was very disappointing unless you only want bagels and cereal. The picture and description on the web is deceiving. One night was enough for me I will not go back there I was very disappointed and will not go back to this hotel again!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Denise S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Came into hotel grounds, and noticed many housekeepers on different levels on the hotel.

Then came into the lobby whereby was not greated at all by front desk, I asked for an early check-in noting that the check-out time was 11am, knowing in my experience how long it takes for housekeeping to flip a room over (20-30 minutes), Erica NASTY person, tells me, "there are no rooms available...we have 125 rooms that need to be cleaned...but I can put you in a suite for an extra charge...". Then another lie on top of all of that, she tells me, "the housekeeper JUST got here, and she's gone..."!

Clearly knowing this woman was a complete LIAR, I didn't let this go, calling her out, whereby she kept blowing me off, and even fessed up to the fast "yes I am blowing you off...YOU CAN LEAVE, and call me back between 1-2pm". Not appreciating the nastiness of her lies and her pointing to the door, and after 5 minutes or so of this BS, I told her I'm going to go look myself, whereby Erica replies "if you do, I'm going to call the cops.., then radios the housekeepers the same (wow I thought the housekeepers were gone per her). I walk down both sides of the 1st floor and notice 4-5 rooms cleaned and ready to go on same side to the lobby and then the other street side many rooms also available.

I come back and at this time another guest was standing at front desk, I ask Erica, WHY she was lying to me, as I had suspected all along! She tells me how she's going to call the cops again; I walk outside to call ChoiceHotels to change me to another hotel, come back in and I ask her once again to either check me in or I'm leaving, she comes back with her threats again to call the cops (OVER WHAT to check in early?), and she calls me "CRAZy..crazy we have no rooms available..", I completely lost it once she got personal with me, and threw business cards at her, whereby she came around the desk and put her hands on me, whereby I had to defend myself!

WIthin a minute the "acting manager" comes in and asks me "what are you trying to check in"...

What type of staff assaults guests because they want an early check-in and another question WHY is Erica even still working at this hotel? She clearly likes like the director in charge of everything! Worthless, nasty, mentally challenged herself clearly; once you get personal with someone cards are off the table!

STAY AWAY seriously from this dumpy looking place staff are rude and nasty CLEARLY!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tammyBaltimore_Md

Travellers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

Geneseo, New York
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Was disappointed with quality of room but guess u get what you pay for..... Hampton inn next time. We stayed there one other time and was a better experience and breakfast isn't much. Just overall neglect and maintenance

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Curt G
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My room was clean and spacious. The buffet breakfast was modest but it got the job done. ( bagels, instant oatmeal, toast, English muffins and muffins and powdered donuts . 4 fruit juices, coffee and tea. Raisen brand, and 3 less nutritious choices. The breakfast area is clean and bright. I suspect in the summer,it may not be large enough. It was fine when I was there. The towels were fluffy and a nice size. The sink is separate from the shower and toilet, Nice pool and the staff were all friendly and helpful. Here was the problem....the mattress was horrible! I just couldn't sleep well. The pillows were flat as well. No relief there. There are both smoking and non smoking rooms so be sure to mention when you reserve.

Room Tip: I was in 208. It faced the pool and was between the ice machine and the stairwell. My first room w...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mgitsme
PA
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Let me begin by saying that we have used this property many times over the years for its convenience and reasonable rates, however this weekend will be the last of those many stays! It appears as though the place is being let go as we have had the same room several times, and this time actually thought that we were put into our two bedroom suite before the maid was done as there were hand-prints all over the sliding doors, something that resembled a turd under the edge of the microwave in one of the two kitchenettes, a pile of linens on the toilet, no tissues, no plastic cups, a light filled with bugs hanging out of the ceiling in one of the bathrooms, multiple shampoos but no conditioner, and a TV that did not work with no remote in one bedroom which had the electric cord running out the front of the stand and around the side to an outlet.

We called about the TV and it was changed out, but none of the other issues changed, nor did the maid ever clean the room over the weekend that we were there. When we complained we were told that the maid comes to each room once by 10AM, and if there is a do not disturb sign does not come back! Really, if you are on vacation, you are supposed to be out of the room every day by 10 or else, I don't think so!! The front desk clerk whom I spoke to told me that I could stop at the desk for clean towels but that no one is there later in the day to do anything for us despite the maid seeing us remove the sign on the door around noon while she was still working! We ended up making our own beds, cramming the trash into the one tiny basket the best we could and using hand towels in the morning as bath towels - unacceptable at any price let alone at about $175 a night.

On our first morning, I stopped at the front desk where one clerk was sleeping and the other appeared to be on the phone with another employee noting complaints about a maid, etc. I stood there for about 40 seconds before the clerk on the phone woke the other clerk up to help me. At breakfast the first morning, the attendant spent more time leaning against the wall texting than filling the breakfast. At one point both front desk clerks came out to help her as folks were asking for items that were empty, and this was still early. On the second morning, the maid staff came in for coffee and breakfast and stood around talking about their evenings prior as patrons waited and had to walk around the group. Once the group left the same attendant from the first morning stood leaning at the wall despite items being empty. Just prior to this, the three-tiered container holding jelly, butter, and cream cheese had fallen down but went unnoticed as well.

Friends who had not stayed at this property before, noted rotted wood around the balcony and a gap under their door. In walking around the property we noticed a great deal of dirty glass, ledges in the breakfast area that had debris on them and peeling wallpaper. With all of the newer properties in Rehoboth especially the freshly renovated Comfort Inn just two blocks up, there is no reason to choose this location. As I told the gal at the desk when I called about the room, I am a Choice Privileges member and first thing Monday I will be on the phone filing a complaint with the company!

Room Tip: Hope they renovate!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank HHMR H
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Ceiling is falling down, doors don't close, smells terrible. Asked for different room, wouldn't give us one. Terrible customer service. Lights don't work. Do yourself a favor, stay somewhere else. Dirty. Hotel is terrible.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank tlherb
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I recently stayed here with my family (and a friend traveled with us) and I have mixed reviews. The staff was exceptionally nice, however, the room that we stayed in was pretty awful. I booked through Priceline and did not have the option of choosing my room. We ended up with a double bed room on the first floor on the "old" (right) side of the hotel. Our room had mildew stains on the wall where the A/C unit was located (not good for allergy and asthma sufferers like me), it was so damp smelling/hard to breathe that I actually went to Wal-Mart at 10:00 p.m. the first night and bought a giant container of "Damp Rid" to put in our room, the A/C was either freezing cold (and less damp smelling) or hot and moist, there were flies in the room upon arriving, uncomfortable beds, there were stains on the walls in the bathroom (glad I brought my Lysol wipes), room/fixtures/furniture/linens were outdated, there was paint chipping off the bathroom cabinet areas, and there was a poor selection of breakfast foods, -- high starch/fatty foods w/no healthy options such as fruit/yogurt. HOWEVER, I must add that our friend who stayed in the "newer" (left) side of the hotel in a suite had a much better experience. I saw first hand that that particular room was MUCH nicer than ours and did not have any of the issues we had. It was like we were standing in a completely different motel! I should add that staff did offer to upgrade our room to a suite, but it would've been approximately an extra $200 to do so for 3 nights, which I declined due to cost. So, while the experience with staff and location of the hotel was great, I would not stay here again on this particular side of the motel. I would stay here again, but only in one of their "suites" and would NOT book through Priceline again!

Room Tip: Book a room in the "newer" (left) side of the hotel. Avoid the "old" (right) si...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family