“Has seen it's better days.”
Review of Econo Lodge Resort

Econo Lodge Resort
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 24 February 2009

I've stayed at this hotel previously with no problems. Stayed in September and had a room that was not the best, but I figured everyone has an off-day.

The room we had when we stayed in December was definitely in need of a face lift. The plaster was peeling off the wall above the heater. Comforter was quite tattered and the sheets weren't very appealing. The breakfast area has fewer options than in the past. There are many other places nearby in the same price range and the next trip I will be checking out one of them.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 September 2008

Could not believe that this is called the Econo Lodge RESORT !
Paid an overpriced $129 for 1 night twin room Sept 13th.
Room badly in need of a refurbishment and clean. Sheets were stained and very wrinkled. Bathroom was terrible and bath mat desperately in need of a replacement.
Staff at front desk made me feel as if I was an inconvenience to them and certainly not made to feel welcome.
Did try to collect my Choice Priviledge points on check out but the concept of an Irish card just seemed to be too much to handle !

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2008

This hotel was disgusting. Will NEVER stay there again. Yes, the rates are good, but you get what you pay for. The mattress had some unidentifiable brown stains on one side. We asked for CLEAN sheets because there were brown specs of dirt and powder on the sheets...when I pulled back the sheets to take a nap! It looked like someone had jumped in the bed with their boots on. And, the wall behind the toilet and the floor underneath had brown mold and rust stains. The toilet looked kind of new. I am guessing there was a bad leak at one time.
The staff was professional and gave us a 20% discount for our trouble. It was only $68 for the night, so I guess I shouldn't have expected much!

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 17 July 2008

My sister and her two sons and I just returned from staying here for 2 nights. Rooms had a outside entrance on the second floor and faced the pool. The bathroom was spotless along with the rest of the room. Coffee maker, refrigerator and hair dryer were in there also. We were having trouble turning on the tv in the boys room but were told there is a light switch behind the door that turns it on along with the light! Continental breakfast (donuts, bagels,muffins,juice coffee) available in the morning was nice. Had breakfast first day there though at Cracker Barrel next door. Very quiet location and friendly staff replaced bath towels every day. Would definitely stay here again ($99.00 a night can't be beat)!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2008

I booked this room online about 4 months ahead of time. I got a pretty good rate considering we were there for the 4th of july. we stayed 2 nights. The location is great if you love to shop (which I do). The drive to the beach was only a few minutes. There's a grocery store a few steps away from the hotel (no need to drive or even cross the highway)...we got drinks, snacks, a beach towel, shampoo, etc. It was open pretty late as i recall, about 11pm we walked over there.

The rooms were clean and the beds were decent. They weren't top notch but they weren't broken, saggy or old. Water pressure in the shower was very good and the pool is nice.

You can't get in the hotel after dark without a room key....which is a good thing in my opinion. Parking lot was well lit and staff was friendly.

An overall great experience.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2007

We stayed at the Econo Lodge as members of a community band playing in DE. Since we're not based in DE and each member had to pay his or her own way, the organizers decided (I guess) that the Lodge would be the least painless way to go.

Economy is a foreign word to EVERY hotel in Rehoboth and its surrending beaches in the summer and the Econo Lodge is no exception, so you're paying A LOT, even at "discount" rates just to be close (and I use the term loosely, since you must drive to get there) to the beach.

The room: average, the pool: small. And our check-in worker: surly, though I'm sure she would tell you she was being helpful.

Evidently, DE (or maybe it's just the Econo Lodge) has some bizarre method of dealing with Debit Cards in which they will charge you more up front if you charge it as a credit card then a debit card, and then you have to wait for the credit card company to reimburse you the difference. I tried to get a cogent reason as to why this happens, but couldn't so gave up. Meantime, the spouse noticed a sign on the wall behind the clerk which read "ID REQUIRED WITH CASH" Wha!!!!!????

But wait, we were then asked if we wanted the phones turned on because if we did we would be charged. TO TURN THEM ON?!?!?!? We decided to keep them off, but had to wonder if we would be charged for calling the front desk.

As I said, not the worst, but I'm having a hard time thinking of what was.

HOWEVER, there was actually 1 GOOD THING about the Lodge: it's literally right next door to a CRACKER BARREL restaurant, but now that I know where to eat, I'll sleep someplace else.

Kinch

• Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank Kinch417
Reviewed 9 November 2006

We stayed for a long weekend in November, found a good price at the last minute with Orbitz. In fact, I found the price changing by about $10 a night throughout the day... Anyway, the hotel was fine, the room was clean, the bathroom was new-ish, with a tub surround (no icky grout). It is the ECONO lodge, so if you go not expecting any extra amenities, you'll be fine. For example, there was a coffee maker and fridge; but no hair dryer. They supplied shampoo but no conditioner. The towels are clean but small and rough. Anyway, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. We got a good price, the room was clean, it satisfied our needs. Oh, and there was a continental breakfast with muffins, toast, etc. Nothing fancy, but again, not bad.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business