“Fine Dining”

Edgewater Manor Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 114 Restaurants in Stoney Creek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: 2017 Holiday Hours: Please note, Edgewater Manor will be closed Dec 24th, 25th, 26th and Jan 1st, 2nd.
Reviewed 10 April 2013

It has been awhile since my wife and I visited this restaurant for a birthday celebration. However we enjoyed it very much. A beautiful property on the lake, with fantastic food and excellent service.Prices were quite steep but it was worth the money as the atmosphere was great.

Peter T, Manager at Edgewater Manor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2015

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind words. Our pricing reflects our high quality and value. We never send anyone home hungry.

Thank you.

Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

I have been meaning to go for years and just find it is not in a location I often think about. As you drive up, you see a beautiful, old building on the water. There was a little hiccup as we were getting seated but not a big deal. Our server was solid although he didn't make me feel confident with his food knowledge. I think I may have ordered poorly, but ended up dining on calamari that was horribly overcooked and a steak that had a nasty ribbon of sinew running right through it (it was clearly visible and seen by the chef before he chose to cook it). The menu read quite well (if a little out of date in it's style), but I certainly didn't feel happy with what I received, especially when the bill came. I also witnessed the manager (owner?) inappropriately talking down to his staff in view of our table. I really can't stand to witness that while I'm dining, and found his demeanour nasty. My overall experience was quite poor.

5  Thank Joey S
Peter T, Owner at Edgewater Manor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Hi Joey

I am sorry to read that your evening was not fabulous. I am the owner and manager and I have a great relationship with all of my staff and would never talk to anyone in an inappropriate manner. They will all attest to that. As for your meal I would love to make it up to you if we can. I was never informed about this concern. Please feel free to contact me directly so that we can make your view on what we do better. As for being outdated - we like to consider us classic. Our appeal is comfort classic food. We do not try to re-invent the wheel. I hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

The food is to die for. Amazing menu selection and extensive wine list. Perfect for a special occasion or a special night out.

1  Thank adventureme
Peter T, Manager at Edgewater Manor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2015

Thank you for your kind words. Edgewater has been around for a long time and we try to make every experience elegant. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

We love to celebrate special occasions here.
The location is great the view of the lake is wonderful. The building is beautiful and they give you a well created booklet on the history of the place. The service is fantastic. The waiters are extremely attentive and knowledgeable. We always feel special when eating here. The wine list is extensive. The food is always has fresh ingredients and they make things in-house. The butter poached lobster is supurb. We love the creativity they use to make old favourites new again. It sets them apart from regular steak and seafood restaurants. We also appreciate the different meats that they often offer on the menu (such as wild boar, buffalo, ostrich, etc.). Yes, it can be pricey but it is definitely worth it with regards to taste, quality and experience. We will continue coming to this fine establishment!

1  Thank KennyJH
Peter T, Owner at Edgewater Manor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2015

It is great that we have become your special place. We try and become part of people's memories not just a night out for dinner.

Cheers
Peter

Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

We were out for dinner on New Years Eve.

Everthing that you would expect from a fine dining restaurant is there. Good decor, service, selection and quality.

Our entrées did take a long time, but dessert was comped.

Very satisfied.

1  Thank medicaaron
Peter T, Owner at Edgewater Manor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2015

Thank you for your review. It is great to know people enjoy restaurants for everything food, ambience, building, service etc. We pride ourselves in giving a complete experience and our honored you feel the same.

Peter