“If you’re looking for exceptional Asian Cuisine, don’t miss this!”

Banana Leaf Asian Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 111 Restaurants in Stoney Creek
Price range: US$10 - US$24
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: BANANA LEAF BRINGS YOU THE TASTES OF ASIAN ALL UNDER ONE ROOF From savory Pad Thai to Mushu Chicken, the tastes of Asia are mouth watering and exotic. But finding them all under one roof was never possible, until now. Banana Leaf Asian Cuisine is Stoney Creek's first Asian fusion restaurant, offering all of your favourite Chinese, Vietnamese and Thai dishes. Owner Tom Ngo and Frankie Chiu welcome you to enjoy the finest selection of delicious Asian cuisine. Conveniently located in the Elm King Plaza in downtown Stoney Creek, across from TD Canada Trust, the restaurant proudly opened its doors in May of 2013. After introducing themselves to the community, Banana Leaf staff members are welcoming more and more repeat customers. Unique house specialties like the Dragon Phoenix Nest, are sure to please. This flavourful feast includes scallops, shrimp, chicken slices and Asian vegetables, stir-fried in garlic, green onion and oyster sauce. Try the Deluxe Shrimp Guoba, featuring shrimp, chicken breast slices, Asian vegetables and crispy rice. The sizzling Satay Beef and Black Pepper Steak are sure to please. A variety of noodle and rice dishes are offered, including the Classic Cantonese Chowmein or Thai Stir-fried Noodles. All of your old favourites are here as well, like General Zuo's Chicken and savoury Pad Thai. Banana Leaf offers may exciting new options you won't find elsewhere. For a variety of meats and fresh vegetables, try the Rainbow Crispy Lettuce Wrap, featuring diced shrimps, minced pork and chicken, diced Chinese sausage, Asian vegetables, crushed peanuts and deep fried rice vermicelli with a lettuce wrapping. Guests can enjoy a wide array of vegetarian, poultry, beef and seafood options at Banana Leaf. The Vegetarian Delight features Asian vegetables, deep fried bean curd and bean thread in a bean curd sauce. To prepare the freshest, most flavorful dishes, Tom and Frankie purchase market-fresh produces every morning. Exotic Asian vegetables like bok choy, snow peas and asparagus are enhanced by the natural flavours of cilantro, lemongrass, basil and other herbs. Dishes are prepared using just the right amount of canola oil, for a great taste that's healthier and less greasy. After a visit to Banana Leaf, guests never leave hungry. The restaurant is known for its big portions and complete meals. With decades of experience in the restaurant and hotel industry, Tom and Frankie welcome you to enjoy authentic Asian cuisine in a warm, relaxing atmosphere. In 1998, Tom opened the successful Blossom City Chinese Restaurant on Brant Street in Burlington Ontario, which is still thriving under different ownership. Blossom City was an overnight success, and Banana Leaf will surely follow suit. Tom and Frankie chose Stoney Creek for their business after realizing the area did not have a restaurant offering a wide range of Asian cuisine. Many restaurants focus, but none offer the broad selection of Asian dishes you'll find at Banana Leaf. Tom's many skills include his work as fruit and vegetable carving artist. Over the years, he has created stunning, intricate centrepieces for weddings and other special events. Using the same care and attention to detail, Tom and Frankie are committed to providing a delicious and enjoyable dining experience. Banana Leaf is open Monday to Sunday for lunch and dinner. A convenient delivery service brings the taste of Asia right to your front door. Delivery is available in Stoney Creek and East Hamilton.
Toronto
“If you’re looking for exceptional Asian Cuisine, don’t miss this!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We found Banana Leaf on TripAdvisor, and decided to check it out to see if all the praise was actually true. Well, it is true! And it even exceeded our expectations.

The first thing our party of 3 noticed when we entered the restaurant was how clean everything is. White tablecloths and tastefully decorated.

After ordering our dishes, a complimentary bowl of crispy noodles was placed on the table. They were best we ever tasted, and a great introduction to what was ahead!

First to the table was the Pan Fried Pork Dumplings appetizer, followed by the “Ha Gao” (Steamed Shrimp Dumplings) from the Dim Sum menu. The main course consisted of the Ginger Chicken, Cashew Chicken, Yellow Curry Chicken, and Yang Chow Fried Rice. Every dish was absolutely delicious. Towards the end of the meal, Frankie came out from the kitchen to see how we liked everything. He was delighted to hear that everything was excellent. In fact, there wasn’t anything we wouldn’t order again. It was a quiet Sunday afternoon and Frankie made a special desert for us... mango ice cream on top of a deep fried slice of pineapple! What a perfect way to end an outstanding meal.

Frankie and Tom were very hospitable, warm and friendly, which contributed to an unforgettable experience. We were glad we went, and we plan to return again soon.

• Visited May 2014
Tom N, Owner at Banana Leaf Asian Cuisine, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Hello MikeDToronto,

Please accept our special thanks for you review about your dining experience at Banana Leaf recently. Your review is a perfect proof to what we believe in - nice dining environment, good food, and attentive service are the essential factors of our hospitality which will bring in customers for us. We are delighted particularly to learn that our hospitality has exceeded your expectation. We certainly hope for another opportunity of welcoming you at Banana Leaf from Toronto in the near future.

Stoney Creek
“Thank you TripAdvisor!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Decided to try Banana Leaf based on the positive TA reviews. Was not disappointed. The dishes were quite flavourful and the service was outstanding. Was nice to see the chef come out to ask how our meal went. I'm a diner who appreciates a fine meal every now and then and especially value for the money. This place nailed it. Will I be back? Most definitely!

Hello Momanator,

Thanks very much for your review. We take pride in serving diners like you and have derived much pleasure from serving you particularly. Anxious to have another opportunity of serving you in the near future. Thanks so much for your patronage!

campbellville ontario
“Well worth the drive”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Decided to try this place based on trip advisor reviews. It was a bit of a drive for us, but worth it. The service was great, the host fantastic. The golden calamari was the best I've had, perfectly cooked and lightly coated. The hot and sour soup was also amazing. We will be back to try the dim sum.

Hi Hemismom,

Sorry, I could not write this response any sooner because we have been busy. Your review as well as the last review by another customer all saying it does well worth the drive to Banana Leaf. This makes us feeling more confident about our business. I'd like take this opportunity to thank you again for your patronage and your review on TripAdvisor. We hope to see you again soon to try our Dim Sum.

Abbotsford, Canada
“Definitely worth the drive out”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

After reading a lot of the reviews on this page, I mentioned to my friends that I would really like to visit this restaurant. On my birthday they brought me on a very long drive (we live on the opposite side of town) to Banana Leaf. The server who greeted us (I believe he is the owner) was very friendly and even placed a hyacinth on the table for me, after hearing that it was my birthday. I was a little concerned about how good the food would be considering the place was empty except for us, but my doubts were quickly forgotten after being served our first appetizer of calamari. It was very tender and tasted delicious. We also ordered the tofu casserole (on their vegetarian menu), the sizzling beef satay and General Zuo's chicken. There were so many amazing flavours in each sauce and I particularly enjoyed the beef satay. At the end of the meal, he brought out a whole birthday cake for our party of 5. It was truly a great dining experience!

I later brought my family out to try some more dishes. We ordered the hot and sour soup, spring rolls, lettuce wraps and spicy green bean chicken. I've tried a lot of hot and sour soups, but this was one of the best. If you like spicy food, I would definitely recommend it! The quality was just as exceptional as my last visit and I absolutely loved the lettuce wraps. The same server who greeted me last time was here again and this time tempted us with complimentary mango ice cream.

Even though this restaurant is tucked away in a little plaza, I urge you to drive out and try it. The service and food are impeccable! I would say that Banana Leaf is on equal ground with a lot of the best asian restaurants that I've tried in Vancouver and Toronto.

• Visited April 2014
Tom N, Owner at Banana Leaf Asian Cuisine, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Hi Lyndsey M,

We are particularly thrilled to read your review because it actually mentions your two visits to our restaurant recently. It makes us proud of ourselves at Banana Leaf and more confident in our belief - good food, good service, good atmosphere are key factors of a successful business. Thank you very much for your wonderful review and your patronage. Hope to see you again.

Maple Ridge, Canada
“Best Hot & Sour Soup”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Some people say you can tell how good a restaurant is by testing their soup. That was certainly true here. I'm from Vancouver, so was a bit skeptical, but I have to say, their hot and sour soup was the best I've ever tasted, Vancouver or San Francisco included.

For the main course, I went with their chicken and green beans with black bean sauce. The vegetables were crisp and fresh, a flavourful Szechwan dish. I love spicey food and they have those red chilies on the menu for a reason.

This is a small family run business, just 10 tables. The hosts are friendly and gracious, very sincere, good people. Be patient and you will be rewarded with fantastic food and good hospitality.

• Visited April 2014
Tom N, Owner at Banana Leaf Asian Cuisine, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Hi Ray W,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review about your dining experience at Banana Leaf. Your nice and simple review is the best description of our restaurant concept- small, good food, good service, attentive and friendly service. We can tell from your review that you are a gourmet diner. We will continue to improve our restaurant and hope that you will enjoy more next time you come in.

Thank you again for your review and patronage!