“Tried it twice since I've been in the area and there WILL not be a third”
Review of Grotto Pizza

Grotto Pizza
Ranked #11 of 42 Restaurants in Seaford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Bridgeville, DE
“Tried it twice since I've been in the area and there WILL not be a third”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

When I moved to this area 12 years ago all I heard about was how "great" Grottos was so when I was on the boardwalk in Rehoboth I took my last money and purchased a slice of pizza.

I am from New Jersey/Philadelphia area so my expectations were high; never in my wildest dreams was the I expecting such sloppy soupy mess on a very thin bottom they called a crust.

There particular style of pizza is to immulate the "Chicago" style pie in which sauce is placed on the crust and then slices of cheese, not shredded but slices of some type of cheese on top and baked until the cheese is melted. Only in Chicago they make a thicker crust which will withstand all of the pizza sauce (they got it right) but Grotto Pizza doesn't.

I know that they are known for their sports bar like restaurant style and serve other types of foods on their menu...I cannot comment on the quality. They have later evening hours and so I stopped by recently to get my pizza fix on, what a waste of gas and money...never again.

I only reflect on the fact that their reputation and name represent their "famous" pizza in which I am not a fan. I would rather eat an at home thomas english muffin pizza first!

• Visited December 2012

Salisbury, Maryland, US
“Pizza? Right”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I still cannot appreciate their style of pizza, it just sucks especially with all the pizza restaurant options (not that the Eastern Shore has caught on how to make real good pies)

Visited February 2013
Winter Haven
“A bit disappointed in the pizza”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Not quite the same pizza that I remembered from years ago at Rehoboth..... had a submarine sandwich, though and it was very good.... nice place to meet up with friends

Visited September 2012
Hurlock, Maryland
“Great Food and Service!”
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Every time I've eaten here I am quickly seated and waited on by friendly waitresses. Their pizza is excellent and their prices are reasonable.

Visited December 2012
Seaford, Delaware
“Consistent pizzera”
Reviewed 30 October 2012

The Grotto chain is well run with good staff and good food. There doesn't seem to be much variety but what they have is always consistent across their many inland locations in DE and the beaches