“Good take-out pizza and wings”
Review of Grotto Pizza

Grotto Pizza
Ranked #9 of 44 Restaurants in Seaford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We were staying at a nearby hotel and heard some mixed reviews about this pizza. We ordered ten pizzas for a group. the pizza was delivered very quickly and was still hot. Almost everyone in our group thought the pizza was very good. I thought it was great and reminded me of one of my all time favorite places. I would definitely go back if I was in the area again. I live near the famous New jersey boardwalk pizza places. i thought Grotto pizza would give a good contest to jersey boardwalk pizza for taste. Grotto pizza is thin and delicious. It is a bit messier than some other thin crust styles. I thought it was very good. Give it a try

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Within walking distance to our hotel. Many choices for pizza, subs and calzones. Large screen TVs, free popcorn, game room and very kid friendly. Something for everyone

1  Thank mmfred
Reviewed 19 March 2013

When I moved to this area 12 years ago all I heard about was how "great" Grottos was so when I was on the boardwalk in Rehoboth I took my last money and purchased a slice of pizza.

I am from New Jersey/Philadelphia area so my expectations were high; never in my wildest dreams was the I expecting such sloppy soupy mess on a very thin bottom they called a crust.

There particular style of pizza is to immulate the "Chicago" style pie in which sauce is placed on the crust and then slices of cheese, not shredded but slices of some type of cheese on top and baked until the cheese is melted. Only in Chicago they make a thicker crust which will withstand all of the pizza sauce (they got it right) but Grotto Pizza doesn't.

I know that they are known for their sports bar like restaurant style and serve other types of foods on their menu...I cannot comment on the quality. They have later evening hours and so I stopped by recently to get my pizza fix on, what a waste of gas and money...never again.

I only reflect on the fact that their reputation and name represent their "famous" pizza in which I am not a fan. I would rather eat an at home thomas english muffin pizza first!

Reviewed 8 March 2013

I still cannot appreciate their style of pizza, it just sucks especially with all the pizza restaurant options (not that the Eastern Shore has caught on how to make real good pies)

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Not quite the same pizza that I remembered from years ago at Rehoboth..... had a submarine sandwich, though and it was very good.... nice place to meet up with friends