“MUCH Better than Expected!”

Comfort Suites Seaford
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Seaford
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
“MUCH Better than Expected!”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband, daughter, and I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Seaford for my friend's 25th wedding anniversary celebration. We had so many things go wrong, from my car breaking down to my almost being hit by a truck on rte 13! The staff, however, at the Comfort Suites were SO WONDERFUL! Erin even went above and beyond to wrap a cake for us! The 2 days in Seaford were disasterous, but staying at the Comfort Suites made it just a bit better, and if I ever am in town again, I will DEFINITELY go back to the Comfort Suites!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pooh1andpooh2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Smithfield, Virginia
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We stayed here for a quick weekend get away from the kids. We stayed during a Nascar weekend at Dover. This was the closest we could get to Dover Downs and it was not to far out of the way. The staff was friendly (Russ I hope you got your Smithfield ham). The room was large,cleaned, and stocked everyday. The bed was made but the sheets were not changed everyday. The price was decent (watch out for the safe fee, it is added everyday ask it to be removed). All in all I would stay here again if I could not get something closer to Dover Downs

Pros: clean room,friendly staff, resonable price, close to Hwy 13, within 35 mins of Dover

Cons: towels scratchy,sheets not changed every day, free breakfast was less then mediocre, rooms close to highway can get noisey, barebones toiletries,

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway. Check the hotels wedsite for rates and compair. I got a bette...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 9 September 2011

On September 7 to September 9, 2011 the Seaford Delaware area received unprecedented amounts of rainfall. Many area roads were impassible, and outdoor events were cancelled everywhere. I called on the afternoon of September 9 to cancel my September 9 reservation due to my nearby outdoor event being under a foot of water. The hotel charged me for the room anyway because they said I should have called sooner. I think that is wrong.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank W_E_G_Virginia

Travellers are raving about these Seaford hotels

Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 2 August 2011

The hotel was very clean and the beds were quite comfortable. We were surprised how quiet it was considering we had a room on the first floor right across from the Fitness Room and there were multiple softball and baseball teams staying there also. Our room faced Sussex Highway and there was minimal traffic noise at night. Breakfast was better than expected and replenished often. Warning: This hotel is about an hour away from the beaches so if you are planning to spend a lot of time at the beach or the outlets, stay somewhere closer.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Very capable and friendly staff. They go out of their way to please patrons. Very nice quiet location. Very nice rooms. Close to shopping and restraunts. I would highly recommend staying here if in Seaford!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 4 July 2011

When we checked in, we and the 2 groups in front of us were chaged $1.50 for a safe none of us wanted but promised it would be waived at checkout and forced to initial that we were receiving a safe. At checkout, I asked to waive it and they said they would e-mail a receipt to me since I didn't get one under the door. I asked if the fee was waived and told "We'll see". Never received the e-mail receipt and other families were asking to waive it be being denied at checkout. Absolutely refuse to initial the slip at checkin.

Nice facility. Good pool, decent breakfast. The side facing the woods in the back is quiter, ask for that. Room and linens were clean and good. Could use a 2nd elevator as the stairwell's aren't air conditioned. Nice lobby. Well lit parking. Close to Georgetown and Saulisbury, the beach was 90 minutes on a summer weekend so doable. 100% non-smoking.

Almost all the staff were very friendly but absolutely none of them wore nametags or identifed themselves when called at the front desk AND both people I asked their name declined to answer. Instead of the manager taking care of that basic accountability item, (s)he focuses on this: when we were the only ones in the lobby, we asked if we could change the TV to the Disney channel for our kids. The front desk clerk said no, because "Fox News is God's channel". Later, a bunch of kids from a baseball tournament were there and the coach asked for some cartoons but was told that the only thing the manager really cares about is keeping on Fox News. Yet, when I asked for a mgr at checkout, none was available. Whatever.

Despite the really nice facility, management's focus on ripping off customers and making children watch the news would make me give Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express a try.

If the hotel wants to square my bill with me, I stayed in Room 201 the night of 7/3-4/2011, live in Wilmington, and used Expedia reservation 137700227152.

Room Tip: Request a quieter room facing the woods, not 13.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Williamstown, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 June 2011

My family and I recently stayed here for a baseball tournament. The staff was super accomodating and friendly and the rooms were very clean and roomy. The continental hot breakfast was great for the families before the baseball games! We will definately stay there again!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaford
Hampton Inn Seaford
#2 of 4 in Georgetown
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in Georgetown

Been to Comfort Suites Seaford? Share your experiences!