“Great location”

Comfort Suites Seaford
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Seaford
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The hotel is in a great location. It is near shopping and food. Spent the night with my Mom and 3 sisters. A short get away. The beds were comfortable. The pool was to cold to go in for us. It doesn't have a hot tub. The pool room was warm as it should be. The dresser in our room was beaten up some. It only had one TV. Most Comfort suites have two. We were in room 214 and it is next to Rt 13 and I could hear some trucks from our room. So if you don't want to hear that traffic get a roo on the ohter side of the hotel. Breakfast was good the waffle maker needs to be replaced. All the waffles made were sticking. The pool didn't have towels so I went to the front desk and they gave me a some to take to the pool area. Our room was near the elevator which was great for our family. My sister and mom have trouble walking.

Room Tip: traffic noise on the side of Rt#13

Reviewed 25 July 2013

We made a reservation on-line for a 2 night stay. Arrived early and attempted to check in and were told that the room would not be ready until 3:00pm. Arrived back @ 3:15 and were told the room would not be ready for another 15 minutes. While waiting in the lobby area we noticed the very worn and dirty condition of this hotel, while flies swarmed us. After waiting 45 minutes we were checked-in and proceeded to the room past a leaking bag of garbage next to the elevator. The room was warm and stuffy, sofa BADLY stained, general cleanliness of the room was disgusting. We checked-out immediately. Cleaning personnel in the hallways on their cell phones laughing and joking as we walked back to the elevator obviously couldn't be bothered to clean the room we reserved. Would not recommend at all!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
4  Thank Sandra W
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Comfort Suites Seaford delivers a home run for our travel baseball team. Our 2 queen bed room also had a large pull out couch, was nice and large, clean and comfy. Spacious bathroom, flat screen TV, fast, free WiFi and more.Free breakfast included eggs, meat, cereals, biscuits, Hot waffles, juice and more. Staff is super fast, friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Here is a saga! Prior to Labor Day weekend/12, we flew down to N.C. for a funeral weekend but the deal made (air, hotel, car) sent us 3.5 hrs. away from our destination - convenient tho to local Akita breeder I was checking via puppyfind.com. With unlimited miles we detoured to visit breeder. My wife fell in love with the only pup still available (out of 5 adorables!). We had a whole week do decide if we were going to pull the trigger, so soon after losing our last Akita Sake Bear in Jan./12. Well, kids said yes (of course!) & promised to share in taking care of it (yeah right! guess who is now!). So, we decide we will drive down to N.C. (min. 10hrs.). But the kicker is we will leave straight from Flushing USTA U.S. Open Friday nite right after the last match! Midnite - we hit the road! Long story short it was a grueling overnite drive! Pick up pup stay 2 hrs. then head back to NY with stay over near Rehoboth Beach. Chose this thinking we'd have time for the beach & was only reasonable priced spot with availability (last minute booking).
So, for the hotel, we arrived early evening. Check in was smooth, very courteous. 3rd floor room was very clean & fresh & comfortable (no pet odor!). Facilities/grounds very well kept/clean (no evidence of pet accidents!). I slept on sofa (not recommended) while kids/mom shared queen bed. Ok for 1 nite stay. Breakfast was included & was very good, great variety to select from hot/cold & beverages - the one gal servicing did her best & was very nice.
Chose this hotel being pet friendly (& only one available on holiday weekend last minute booking & reasonable pricing) but as we didn't have time to check out the local area/beach/shopping (as it turned out then not worth it for us to be so far from the I95 to go home) would not have chosen this spot. But if we did have time, this hotel is fine - especially as it is pet friendly & reasonably priced for us (vs. many closer to the beach - of course prices are higher for this).
I would recommend.

Room Tip: It is mid point from main highway & beach. Will have to deal with beach traffic so allow extra t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and professional at check in/check out. Breakfast was typical for this chain. Breakfast items were well stocked. Breakfast area was small with only a few tables. Would stay at this location on future trips.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I would never stay in this facility in Seaford, again. I suspect that there is inadequate enforcement of corporate standards in some Choice properties. Although the room facilities and maintenance were fine, the staff failed to control a rowdy and threatening group of guests who took over the hotel on Friday evening, October 5, 2012. A large, inebriated group of guests returned to the hotel late on Friday evening to continue their celebration of a family wedding. Some of them congregated in the hall outside my room at about 11:30, shouting to each other in voices I would use in a crowded stadium. When I asked them to be quieter, they assured me that they intended to make as much noise as they wanted. The bride also invited me to try to complain to the front desk, sardonically noting that the desk attendant was a friend of the family who would do nothing. Indeed, when I went down to the first floor, the attendant was in conversation with some of the wedding party. Not just 10 to 15 feet from the front desk, a member of this wedding group was smoking a pipe in the "no smoking" breakfast area. The rest of the wedding party congregated outside of the main entrances, both in the front and the back of the hotel, playing lawn games and partying at high volumes of noise. I already had been physically threatened by the brother of the bride, so I didn't have anything more to do with the party.
Do not stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank BikeTuscany
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Booked 3 nights at this hotel. Went to 4th floor room in screaming, shaking elevator that scared my children. Arrived to find only 1 king size bed for 4 people. Immediately went to front desk where they told me it was not their fault but the travel website I used. Told I had to call someone else as they were not going to help. Again, I was here for 3 nights; would have thought they would try work with me to find a solution....nope! Room was dirty. My children found two rusted safety pins (1 open) on the floor. Brought them down and gave to front desk and had to ask them to vacuum room for safety. Also found someones hair under the drinking glasses in the bathroom. Ants all over bathroom floor and window sill (I was on 4th floor?). After my bed problem and rusted safety pins issue that could have hurt someone, you would have thought the hotel manager would have contacted me....Nope. I contacted Choice Hotels and had to wait 2 weeks before GM, Ruth emailed me and blamed everyone else for her dirty, unsafe hotel. Dismissed the rusted safety pins as "missed by housekeeping when vacuuming" She then insulted me by offering 1,000 points to use at her dirty hotel in the future....of course I would have to earn 7,000 more points before I had enough for a free night. No thank you Comfort Suites and Choice Hotels. Never again!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank IKE6184
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaford
Hampton Inn Seaford
#3 of 5 in Georgetown
Hampton Inn Salisbury
Hampton Inn Salisbury
#2 of 14 in Salisbury

Been to Comfort Suites Seaford? Share your experiences!