“home town restaurant”

Dining options: Breakfast
Smyrna, Delaware
“home town restaurant”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The Smyrna dinner is a great family restaurant. The cost is fair and service is great.Worth going on Sunday's for the all you can eat breakfast.

• Visited January 2013

“It isn't what it used to be.”
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

I have been here a few times since they moved into the new location by the Rt.1 exit. I hate to say it but the quality of the food has gone way down hill over the last few years. I think they must have found a cheap supplier or something. The chicken fried steak was so thin that 2/3 of it was the breaking and it tasted like cardboard. You will have to flag a waitress down to get a refill on your coffee since it took them 15 minutes to refill my empty cup.

1 Thank Dean1inDe
Wilmington, Delaware
“Totally Surprised!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

Stopped in by accident, we where actually looking for a McDonald's, but we decided to give a shot. BEST Turkey and gravy I have ever had in my life. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a great home cooked meal. The only downside is that it should not be called a "diner" since its more of a family restaurant.

1 Thank Jon D
“Not on the bucket list”
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Am not a newbie to the Smyrna diner, but not a frequent flyer either. However, could always count on the diner to satisfy when in town. Not anymore! I know this diner had moved across town and this was my first trip to the new location. My excitement fizzled quickly when my drink had a lemon seed in it. Dinner was OK, except for the mashed whatever they used for potato's, and the gravy tasted good, once I peeled the thin protective layer of film off the top. So sad to experience a State legends deterioration.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank KM101712
Dover, Delaware
“At the Smyrna Exit of Rt 1”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Down home diner that has been around for over 25 years. Right on Rt 13 off Rt 1 exit

You want it, they have it, all made with fresh ingredients. They have a buffet at times. Great wait staff

Visited November 2012

Been to Smyrna Diner? Share your experiences!