“There is better out there”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of La Quetzalteca

La Quetzalteca
Ranked #33 of 47 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Smyrna, Delaware
“There is better out there”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

We were in Smyrna last night for the local carnival. We decided to try this Mexican Restaurant as we love Mexican food. We probably will not be returning and just stick to the Restaurant that we love in Middletown. It was hot and uncomfortable in the Restaurant so I couldn't enjoy myself. The food was over priced. I ordered their special which only came with three small fajita wraps so there was extra food left over with no wraps. I had a Mango Margarita which was horrible. It tasted just like syrup. This place should of stayed the Wayside Inn.

• Visited April 2013

Smyrna, Delaware
“Tasty Mexican in Smyrna”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

Quetzalteca has become one of our favorite restaurants in a short time. The prices are good and you do get a lot of food. Great Value for a home town Mexican restaurant.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank chevychopper
“sometimes good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

I have eaten here a couple of times....my lunch experience was really good, the food was hot and came out fast with a very pleasant server. The second visit was dinner which took a long time and did not impress me at all...the third trip was carry out which took 40 minutes for 2 entrees and they were not even crowded. The food on that visit was pretty good. Over all they have a good staff always friendly, but the food is hit or miss....hopefully they improve because i love having an authentic Mexican restaurant in Smyrna!

Visited September 2012
“Not Good At All”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

They have really immature mexican dumb teens working there, seems they care more about their looks than serving their clients. First they had this beautiful but dumb mexican chick who didn't even knew the menu, the cashier is too slow she took like 15 minutes to give me my recieve, and the other tanner one doesn't even know how to speak english I couldn't understand what in the world she was saying. Nah too bad rest Im sticking with la toltecta in dover.

Visited October 2012
“I liked this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Ok, the table could have been cleaner when we sat down but other that I like the place. I thought this was a mom and pop place but I saw another one about 40 miles down the road so... I'm not sure. Anyway, the food was really good. I liked the spicy chicken. Not too hot not too plain ... just right. I had a few special margaritas and they were REALLY good. We got pleanty of food and even though were were travelling, my wife took her leftovers because she like it that much. I thought the price was very low compared to the places we usually stop at. I'd go back if I lived int the area!

Visited August 2012