“Comfortable and friendly”

Best Western Smyrna Inn
Best Western Smyrna Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Smyrna
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Beds are comfortable. Staff in friendly and accommodating. Breakfast is adequate with waffles, cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, fruits and coffee all day. Pool and exercise equipment available. Conveniently located off Rt. 1 and Rt. 13. Good rates. Restaurants in walking distance.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Overall very good. New hotel. Clean room. A bit noisy if room is on the north side of the building, but tolerable. Did not keep me awake. Still would recommend staying at this site. Dunkin Donuts right out side of hotel; restaurants in same location as hotel, right off of Route 1 and/or 13.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
scott p, Front Office Manager at Best Western Smyrna Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Hello sir,

We are appreciated for your feedback. And we keep try to more enjoyable and comfort stay experience for your next stay at Best Western.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here on business, got in after 6 pm and left early the next morning so did not have an opportunity to try out the amenities such as the gym or even work from the internet connection. Asked for seafood restaurant recommendations (after all in Delaware so was hoping to find a good crab restaurant) but front desk had little to say. Would be a benefit if the hotel had a list of restaurants and their specialties on a printed list with addresses and directions. AC wall unit was noisy, but that is typical of most hotels today as HVAC is typically "bottom fed" during construction without regard to comfort and sound. HBO list was outdated (March of 2014) and of no use. Still an ok hotel and would stay here again. Checkout was fast.

Room Tip: Book early as there are often events in Dover and other towns nearby that will overwhelm the local l...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Room was never cleaned. When I saw cleaning lady, she assured me it would be by end of day. It was not done. I received soap and coffee. Had to go to main desk for towels and toilet paper. Manager was told room was done. All day and night managers were very nice and worked very hard...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Fran H
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My stay there overall was good. When we arrived, Isaiah at the front desk was so friendly and helpful! He was great. Breakfast was good and hotel was clean. Unfortunately, I noticed within 3 hours of leaving that I had left my kindle paperwhite in the room (I know exactly where I left it and am 100% sure it was left there). I immediately called and the front desk was helpful and asked the cleaning staff to look for it and it was not found. I even asked the front desk to check again (and told her exactly where to look for it)and the woman at the front desk went and looked for it personally (which I appreciated). However, no sign of my kindle paperwhite with a purple cover which means one of the cleaning staff took it or the front person at the desk was not truthful. I was disappointed that it was taken within 3 hours of checking out (I called at 10:00 am and had left by 7:15 that morning).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Everything great especially for cost. Entrance is from back streets and we saw no entrance from highway. Staff great, room clean and quiet. Beds good and clean. Did not have any trouble making reservations.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
scott p, Manager at Best Western Smyrna Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

We promising you for your next stay with us Better than last stay.
And Thank you for our Survey and your Feedback.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have stayed here several times and I'm never disappointed when I come here. Clean rooms with a modern look, places for trucks to park (they take corporate lodging), and there are a lot places to eat in walking distance. I've never had to talk to staff about any concerns

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
scott p, Manager at Best Western Smyrna Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for survey of our Hotel for your stay. We try our best to keep our Hospitality good Image.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
6 mi away
#6 of 20 in Dover
Mainstay Suites Dover
Mainstay Suites Dover
#12 of 20 in Dover

Been to Best Western Smyrna Inn? Share your experiences!