“Business traveling with a very human touch!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 12 December 2013

While meeting business colleagues for an overnight stay, I found this hotel to be a warm respite on a weary day. After waking to enough snow to create traffic snarls, delays and all sorts of stressful issues, I was relieved to see that everyone at the hotel, from the doorman, to the front deskperson (bearing the requisite warm cookie) to the smiling person vacuuming the hallway, all helped to ease me into a relaxing stay. My team enjoyed a well-prepared dinner, which included both surprisingly great eats and excellent service! Generally when a restaurant has a limited number of guests, the food service suffers, but not so in this case: the breakfast buffet with made-to-order omelets, fresh fruit, etc, was top notch for a hotel breakfast! The coffee, both late-night decaf at dinner, and high-test at breakfast, were some of the best I've ever had! The room was comfy, but a little dark. Overlooking the indoor pool, I didn't care for the chlorine smell, so avoid it if you're like me. A little plumbing problem, quickly rectified, was not one the staff would have detected before my arrival. I would definitely stay here again if in Wilmington.

Room Tip: Be aware of the chlorine smell if you're bookd overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Irene,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I will be sure to share you comments with our teams. We do truely believe its the little things that matter and I know our staff works very hard to provide those human touches.

We do hope to see you again. Do not hesitate to contact me at any time. Just notate your next reservation to request away from the pool and we will be happy to make that happen.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Old hotel with new face lift. Decent bar food and plenty of parking in the attached garage. A bit confusing to get to with navigation a bigger sign would be helpful. The pillows were aweful and the water was not hot for my shower. The lounge staff was very nice and it had an OK spread.
I was woke a few times by slamming doors too.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ron M

Ron,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response on TripAdvisor. I am glad to see your stay was satisfactory, however do apologize for the challenges with hot water during your stay. Engineering has rectified the problem as it was the diverter in that particular shower. The staff and hotel continually strive to provide excellent service and product to our guests. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with that great service in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Staff was fantastic from check in to check out. A warm cookie was served at check in. The bed in the room was really comfortable. We had great access to the elevators. We ordered room service for breakfast and it was great. It was served on time and food was hot. Parking to elevators was very convenient.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Sandra,

Thank you for your response on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all of our guest feedback, it is very important to us. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend with us. We were very happy to host the pageant and we hope to do it again next year!

We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Downtown Wilmington is not much of a destination and this hotel is in an area with little of interest nearby. There's not much the Doubletree can do about that but if you're looking for a fun location, this isn't it.

One night of my stay, a couple was in the room next door. Not only did they enjoy having their TV on at top volume but I could clearly hear their loud argument. What really took the cake was when they had make-up sex - the walls are so thin that my bed was literally moving as they banged their headboard against the wall. Funny but not so funny at the same time. I probably should have called management but it didn't last that long because they had another argument and left in the middle of the night.

Otherwise the breakfast buffet was OK - fresh omelets are a nice touch. The room was clean and the staff was pleasant. There's little management could do about my particular complaints but just based on location, I don't think I'd want to stay here again.

2  Thank MadtownChris

Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Our guest feedback is very important to us. I sincerely apologize for the challenge you encountered that one night. While a very uniques situation, we would have been glad to send security or a manager up to the room next door to address the situation.

We do hope you might give us another try in the future so we can provide you with a much improved stay.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was very impressed with the staff - extremely help and very friendly. The bellman was right at my car before I got out and offered to help with luggage. I had some things sent to the hotel that they had already printed out for me and it was handed to me upon my arrival.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay and writing a review on TripAdvisor. I am very glad to hear the team was able to provide you with the service our guests deserve. We do believe that it's the very little things mean the most. I will be happy to share your comments with our teams.

We do hope to see you again when travel brings you to the city of Wilmington.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

No heat in the room during the stay during week of November 18. The hotel was booked so no rooms for me to switch to. The maintenance staff was very accommodating however this was not a typical Hilton experience to have standard amenities needing repair.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Nancy,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey and write a review on TripAdvisor. I sincerely apologize for the challenge you encountered in your guestroom. While I am sure you understand that mechanical things do unfortunately break down from time to time, our teams here at the hotel should have caught the problem prior to you checking in. At the very least been able to rectify for you. I will address with our staff here at the hotel so that we can continue to improve our services.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. We do hope to see you again so we can show you a much improved stay.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Our immediate family resides in Wilmington. We always book the DoubleTree downtown for all our visits. The breakfast is amazing. We always stop in the bar for a nightcap where we meet some interesting people. The best part is the convenience of access to parking right on the premises.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Lois,

Thank you for telling us about your experience here at our hotel. We are very glad you continue to enjoy your stays with us. Our guest feedback is very important to us and I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

We hope it's not to long before we see you again.