“Service at the Doubletree Hotel Legal District”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Upon arrival I was greeted by your friendly and helpful staff. Check-in was quick and I was able to get settled in my room immeditely. I especially loved the cookies that were given out upon arrive. I stayed in room 406, other than I had a little difficulty regulating the air conditioner in my room and the pool was not available my stay was comfortable and very pleasant. The price was an very good value for the money. I will stay at the Double Tree Legal District again.

1  Thank Shelley E
AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Shelley,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback via TripaAdvisor. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I was very sorry to hear about the regulating the air conditioner. I know how frustrating that can be and have already had our engineering team correct that particular issue.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. We really hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

very friendly atmosphere, near transportation with free pickup. Just one block from Historical sights. Reasonable rates and cleanliness. very friendly atmosphere, near transportation with free pickup. Just one block from Historical sights. Reasonable rates and cleanliness.

Minnie,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated as with all of our guests. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and came in contact with some of our friendly team members. I will be sure to share your comments with them. We hope when travel brings you back to the area we will see you again.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My recent stay was pleasant. The pool is closed for repairs, I didn't see any construction going on but then again I didn't go look. I am used to walking around everywhere when I go to places, was told to be very careful outside because the area can get shady at night. I didn't go adventure or anything but I walked home from restaurant at night and was fine. If your used to a city environment where danger happens then you can handle it. Just be alert. The hotel staff was extremely friendly. They have a shuttle that takes you around the city anywhere you need to go for free ( tip your driver) Free coffee in the Lobby when you wake up. I found that the best part I am a big coffee fanatic. They have their own garage underneath told me it was 15$ a day to be able to go in and out but I don't recall being charged nor was it on my room charges. Just have to get it stamped at the desk.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank sbrill5481

Thank you for your feedback! We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. The pool unfortunately developed a tear in the liner and we are awaiting the new one to be made. We do appreciate your feedback regarding the surrounding area. As with any urban location as long as you are aware of your surroundings you will be fine. As with any urban location there are areas that are less desirable however the surrounding area around the hotel is more than fine.

I will be sure to share you feedback with our teams and we do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Everything was wonderful and I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends. Our organization has their Annual meeting here every year along with other AME activities. I give great accommodations to the staff at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Andrea,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel is a good spot for your annual conference. We do enjoy hosting the conference and look forward to seeing everyone again next year!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

this hotel clean, rm was clean neat no order, internet service was spot on, great location, staff was 1derful, onsite food was good, if one must travel to this area highly recommend u stay here, the warm cookie at check was an added bonus, check out a breeze and they stored my luggage until after my mtg good thing and late check out was extended as well THANKs to the staff

1  Thank Robert L
AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Robert,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and hope the meeting you attended were as enjoyable.

We do hope to see you again when travel brings you back to the area.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

After a long day of driving we decided to check into a hotel and this looked to fit the bill for the area. The GPS took us through perhaps some of the worst neighborhoods of Wilmington with roads closed which could really turn you around. Upon arrival the car port was nowhere near the parking so we followed a sign that said Entrance and Parking. Surprise a $15 charge to park overbite with the entrance through the garage. The parking and neighborhood boarding the hotel just didn't feel safe. We never went in so I really can't speak to the quality of the hotel. If your just passing through and don't have to be downtown I would say pass.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Frank3213

Frank,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear about your travel to the hotel, I know how frustrating that can be, especially when the GPS takes you off the beaten path. The hotel is located in the center of the legal district surrounded by courthouses, federal and state buildings as well as top companies in banking industry. As with any urban location there are areas in the city that may be less desirable. I can assure you the hotel and the area surrounding the hotel are very safe. I completely understand the frustration with parking charges however, parking charges are very typical in urban locations, not only with hotels in Wilmington but in other cities as well.

I am very sorry that you did not get a chance to see the inside of the hotel or experience what the hotel has to offer.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very good for the price. Does need updating but all in all it's a good deal. Restaurant breakfast buffet was very good and had a decent variety, although the booth seating was poor and definitely needs new bench seats.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joseph M

Joseph,

Thank you for taking time time to write a review. We appreciate all of our guests feedback and are very glad to hear your stay was enjoyable. The hotel along with its owners are currently in the planning stages of some updates in the near future to effect the guest rooms as well as certain areas of the public spaces.

We do hope to see you again in the future the next time travel brings you to Wilmington.