“Pass the Brioschi....”

Cuisines: American
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
“Pass the Brioschi....”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Madonna mia....stopped in for a dog---consider myself well versed in the "great dogs"...fact not boast. Never had the time before...so on errands and went in.

Small, pleasant place---pictures of patrons all over...kind cool. A few tables, but a straight ahead dog place. They do serve burgers, veggie stuff too (such heresy!) but the dogs the main deal. Soda the bev of choice.

I don't disguise my dogs...meant for a soft bun and mustard...old school...analog not digital.

These two were on a grill...and looked like they could grease the front end of my car. Buns were A1...soft to mash around the main event...Fries were cooked to order.

Dogs are all beef...strike one. Dogs were really, really greasy, strike two. The taste just not right...yeeeerrrr outa here.

Fries were good, done nicely, but those dogs...mama mia..

If they would invest in Kochers dogs for example---which I bow my head to every time I write of say that name---the $2.75 they now charge could easily handle the additional expense...

It is for those who don't love dogs, it is unfortunately for the masses...the quest continues.

• Visited May 2014

USA
“Hot DOG!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Great hot dogs - lots of choices. Good fries, too. Quick service and nice clean environment. What's not to love?

Visited March 2014
Wilmington, Delaware
“Cute Dog House”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We live very close and eat here every so often. The place is clean and the food tasty. We usually have regular dogs, fries, veggie sausage (yum!). There is a good variety for less healthy to vegetarian. I enjoy the sweet potato fries. It's a bit pricey but worth it for the ease of parking and clean place. Even the soft-serve ice cream is very tasty!

• Visited March 2014
Aberdeen, Maryland
“AWESOME little hot dog joint!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Johnnie's is a must visit! The food was delicious! One of the best Chicago style hot dogs I have ever had. My husband said the same of his Michigan style dog, and our son loved just a dog and a bun. The fries were great, too! Definitely will visit again when in the area!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank jans436
Georgetown DE
“Always a fine treat”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Whenever we go north to Wilmington, we make sure that we stop at Johnnie's. The dogs are delicious, the fries are the best and most importantly the service is excellent.

• Visited January 2014