“Stick to the bar”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Waitstaff
Newark, Delaware
“Stick to the bar”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Drink prices good, The certainly have a MAJOR problem in the kitchen. Stick to drinks at the bar!
We ordered an appetizer and they ran out of the clams.
Ordered another app and it was burnt, dry and the dipping sauce was a teaspoon, I asked for more and she brought me a 1/2 of a teaspoon and said, "they have to make more". I never did get anymore.
Ordered a sandwich, but they were out of that (Salmon burger), they did have a Salmon patty as an entree, but the waitress never offered a substitute. Ordered a chicken sandwich, that was burnt, as well.
The place was packed and very loud!
Service was poor, the waitress still had the clams (which we never got) still on the bill.

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank Roger g
monica c, Owner at Skyline Grill, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
I'm sorry you had a bad experience, please give us another try! We have worked out all our kitchen and wait staff glitches. Updated our menu and opened our deck! Hope to see you again soon!

Wilmington DE
“This place will be great if they get their act together.”
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We were excited to visit Skyline Grill and were pleased to find a nice crowd there. The drink and menu prices are reasonable. Unfortunately there are problems in the kitchen. We ordered some clams and I think they had to go clamming to get them. Took about 40 minutes or longer before they finally came out. And when they did, there were 18 - not the two dozen it says on the menu, but they were tasty. Meanwhile I had some soup which was ok. And later a caesar salad which I won't order again (not sure how you can mess up a caesar, but it just wasn't that good). My husband had a london broil? sandwich and it was overcooked. Bartenders were great and very apologetic. This place is spacious and will be a great place to hang out and get a bite to eat, but they'll need to fix their issues or people won't return. I sincerely hope they work it out.

• Visited January 2012
monica c, Owner at Skyline Grill, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
THANKS!! We got it together!! New menu, better staff and deck open!! Please join us again real soon!!