“worst customer service”
Review of Skyline Grill - CLOSED

Skyline Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I made a reservation for a Saturday night, table of 10. I specifically made this reservation because it was St. Patricks Day weekend and we were a large party. When we arrived, they lost the reservation. Luckily (or not) the restaurant was empty so they were able to push tables together. Our waitress didn't have her hair pulled back it was just hanging down which grossed me out. Six of our forks had to be sent back because they had food on them. They forgot my son's order all together and it wasn't brought out until AFTER we were finished. Lastly, we brought a cake because we were celebrating a few birthdays. We asked for coffee and didn't receive it until after we were done. The food is ok but I would never go back.

4  Thank kathen302

Reviewed 3 February 2013

This place turned my fiancé down at the door because he was wearing a baseball cap even though he had a button down dress shirt, pants, and shoes. I understand dress codes are valid, yet we specifically checked the restaurant web site before we left the house to ensure a hat would be ok (since my fiancé has very curly hair that needs style products if not under a hat!!) THE WEBSITE HAS NO DRESS CODE LISTED. SInce I was attending a family members party from out of town, I chose to go inside even though he had to leave since they prob. wouldn't let him in if they saw his hair under the hat. The bouncer stared at my license for far too long as if I were using a fake I.D. I am a grown woman far from the age of 21. Cocky and unprofessional are the two words that would best describe both bouncers upon entrance. This is the first thing NOT to do/have if you are trying to run a well respected corporation. To make things worse there were more than a few people with baseball caps and other hats on inside!! This made no sense. Bar service was actually good, yet the selection of premium liquors was slim to none.(funny they turn people away for baseball hats and motorcycles, yet "didn't have any stoli, absolute or patron in stock"??) The waitress for our table was less than average, as well as all the food I tried. To be fair I did only try a selection of appetizers, but they were all less than average. The DJ was good and there was a dance floor, yet with the service I had was in no mood to dance. I think this place has potential but needs alot of adjustments. All I can say is they are quick to judge and discriminate people, whom they are loosing big bucks from. I wont be back anytime soon and wouldn't recommend it.

5  Thank kelseyh519
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Business must be good if you are willing to exclude motorcycles. Many of the motorcycles in this area rival the $ value or a 2 year old car. With the incomes to afford "hobby transportation", seems you are excluding and missing out on great clientele. If I drive my 'Vette can I spend my money, but not my Harley?

Quit the discrimination

6  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Was there in July and August a few times. Wanted to sit on the deck - no one to direct us there. Found our way out there, and after a while, had to go find someone to take our order. Drinks are fabulous. Sweet Potato Fries are wonderful. Didn't care for the crab cakes or nachos. Asked for a seafood dish, but it aas taken off the menu. Bartenders make the drinks great though! Could use some more skill in the kitchen and some more variety on the menu. Seems like there's enough on there, but it was tough choosing because nothing seemed to jump out for us to try.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

The drinks were good, once you got them, which in our case was about 25 minutes because it was too crowded and understaffed. The food is ok, but they were out of a few of things I really wanted. The deck is awesome and with the live music that they frequently have, I think it will be better but only if there is enough staff to cover the crowd. It's new, and compared to a few new places that have opened in Newark lately that are absolutely horrible and will not be around long, and going against places like Tylers, McGlynns and Timothy's, I think this place can be really great. Cut down on wait times, have enough of the items listed on the menu, and Skyline will be awesome!

monica c, Owner at Skyline Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Thank you!! We finally have our new menu in place with lots of wonderful new additions! The deck is open and the kitchen, bar and wait staff are all up and running to our expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon!