“Mikimotos, great lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mikimotos Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 548 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
harrogate
“Mikimotos, great lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Excellent lunch. I set off to go to the Washington Street Alehouse, but it was packed. So I thought I would give the sushi place next door a try, and glad I did. Great portion sizes, after Mizo soup to start this is me half way through the sushi rolls. Really tasty, great service. would definitely recommend

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank paulrhgte

Connecticut
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I am sure all of us regulars on here go through the same process. I read the most recent reviews and then I read the worst ones to get both an idea on what was wrong as well as be amused by the rants of others. There were some interesting ones for Mikimotos. A common theme in other reviews seemed to be the service. Granted we ate there tonight (Tuesday), but we found the service to be exceptional. Maybe management is reading the reviews on here.

The hostess was at her station and we requested the sushi bar. It was one of the better layouts as there were 20 seats in a nice "C" shape in the middle and SIX Sushi chefs ready to go. Our waiter was friendly and prompt, and above all else, the sushi was excellent.

I don't drag on my reviews, but I have to mention some other reviews. One reviewer said he was seated in a cramped table behind the hostess stand. There is no table behind the hostess stand, but the one NEXT to it, with a half wall in between, was a table for EIGHT...I wouldn't call it "cramped".

The place had a great vibe to it, nice crowd for a Tuesday, good music and lots of staff on hand. We are here on business, but will hit this place again before we leave.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Honest_Direct
jacksonville florida
“Not sure if I will return”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The food was great but the service was only so so. I went there by myself and they didn't want to seat me at a table because I was a party of one. I convinced the lady to seat me at a table, she did, right behind the hostess stand. Talk about cramped. Because I was by myself, I kept getting overlooked.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank skeeterflorida
Florida
“Waiter was stoned or super inefficient”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

First, we sat down, and waited... and waited... and waited... neither the hostess who sat us nor anyone else appeared to notice that no one came around to offer drinks or even to simply say, "I'll be right with you."

We, finally, had to ask the sushi chef if it was a buffet restaurant or is someone coming to check on us... the sushi chef got someone to show up after a few more minutes.

Ok, rough start, no worries; let's start over.

The drinks were ok. The food was just ok given the price.

Our order was missing some tuna, and the waiter ended up giving us a bill with items on it we did not order or receive.

The waiter was just so inattentive and distant like he was stoned or had a lot on his mind. Either way, the service was unimpressive, and the food was so-so.

Not worth the price.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Love the sushi but the rest of the menu is missing something”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I've been a long-time fan of Mikimotos but lately have not been satisfied with the food. It's either no flavor or just missing a key ingredient - LOVE. This place is not the cheapest option out here so when I come, its a treat and I need it to be good! The sushi is typically on point, but lately the other things I've gotten from the menu havent been that great - like the Bento Box, teriyaki, etc. I dont know if they're rushing the cooking, or just not preparing the food the same way but it needs a change. The service is typically slow too, so to be aggravated that it took forever and then not be satisfied with your meal, plus pay more than normal for a lunch or dinner is not the way to go.

• Visited March 2014