“Good variety, timely delivery”
Review of Cafe Riviera

Cafe Riviera
Ranked #176 of 563 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Ordered a pizza for delivery and was pleasantly surprised with the speed of the delivery and the quality of the pizza. It arrived warm and filled the hotel room with its aroma upon opening (this can be good or bad!) and the price was great -- under 20 bucks for a huge gooey Mexican taco pizza. Popular for delivery at the office too...

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My hubby and I frequent this place often. Though located in the Concord Mall, the dining area in the back of the restaurant provides the necessary seclusion to make you feel like you aren't in the mall. Most of the wait staff is friendly but, time to time, I don't feel that there is the necessary hostessing occurring, which means you may wait a few minutes, even when not busy to be seated. It does not deter us from going there though. I love their specialty pizzas, in particular the margarita pizza, which I sub the olives for fresh basil, along with the other toppings of plum tomato and prosciutto...mm-mm, so good! They don't have a side salad, not unless you get an entree, but still keep going back. Whether you order just pizza or an entree, you get the bread sticks, with a few other surprises along with it, like tonight a little crescent style roll with pepperoni in it. The dipping sauce is a little thin for my liking but the taste is quite fine. We were just at this place last week and I was craving pizza and wanted to go here. We ordered 3 slices of Sicilian pizza for my hubby (notorious over eater and only finished two), one specialty pizza, onion rings (quite plentiful for two) and a garden salad (we shared it) and soft drinks for a grand total of 38 and some change. Our waitress, Christina, was on top of her game. We, didn't have to ask for anything because she was already taking care of things before we needed them.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The food was terrible. Kids/Mall/Pizza- Got it!...but we have no kids and either do the people that told us to go there.....Will deal with them later... Everything but the house salad was horrible. Super dry and over-cooked EVERYTHING. A pizza cooker is not a chef....something I already know!!!!!Mad at myself as much as this "restaraunt".... uhhhhmm, won't be back. The appetizer was taken off the bill because it was inedible. The salads didn't show on the bill either? I think the waitress knew how unhappy we were....Overpriced and Terrible.

1  Thank brandywineartist
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

When shopping in a mall and looking for something to eat, you are usually stuck with food court fast food joints, very few of which serve alcohol. Not the case if you are in the Concord Mall, outside of Wilmington Delaware. Cafe Riviera appears to be just another pizza parlor as you stroll past. Once you walk inside you see the various types of pizza, stromboli and calzones available. Walk past the front area and you enter a two story, full service restaurant with bar. The meals rival many stand alone Italian restaurants which charge twice the price. In addition to their standard menu there are daily specials for dinner. Seafood and pasta dishes are superb. The menu includes lighter fare for lunch. The servers are always friendly, helpful in regards to the menu, and efficient. We have eaten here regularly for over 16 years and have never been disappointed. On occasion, dining at Cafe Riviera, without doing any shopping, has been our only reason for traveling from our home in PA to DE. The food is excellent. You leave filled and the prices are very reasonable. Other restaurants, trying to compete, have opened and closed in this mall over the years. Cafe Riviera remains and we continue to return.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I grew up near this restaurant and every time I return to the area I insist on going here. The pizza is terrific and there are a wide variety of ways to build your own. It is very reasonably priced and the staff is friendly and helpful. This is the exception to the rule that you can't get good food at a mall.