“Little gem hidden away behind a supermarket”

Hunan Inn Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #83 of 553 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Wilmington, Delaware
“Little gem hidden away behind a supermarket”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This one's easy to miss, way in back of a small shopping center off the beaten path. Go find it anyway, it's worth the trip. Service was very good and the food, an assortment of Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Malaysian, Korean, Vietnamese dishes, was excellent. I usually get nervous when they try to do several different cuisines but these folks seem to be able to pull it off. Wife and I both raved about the food and it instantly became our goto chinese eat-in restaurant. They do take-out, but it's a little too far from home to get it back while it was still hot. Pity, They do NOT use MSG. Go, eat, enjoy. Great food.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank olddog53

Salisbury, Maryland
“O Wow”
Reviewed 26 November 2012

My sis and I went and decide to raid the appetizer menu. The fresh spring rolls were exactly that, fresh. The food was well done and well prepared

Visited January 2012
1 Thank KimVallejo
delaware
“If this is one of the best Chinese food restaurants in Delaware... Don't eat Chinese.”
Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

Decided to I to this restaurant after reading the reviews payed on tripadvisor... Big mistake! While the service was pretty good the food was far from it.. The atmosphere was dingy and gross. Our party ordered the steamed dumplings, scallion pancakes, and cold noodles to start. Both the scallion pancakes and cold noodles were ok.. The steamed dumpling were gross... Too much dumpling.. Not enough meat... No taste.
Dinner was no better.. Beef and broccoli with gristly beef and soggy broccoli.. Yuck! My kids shared the sesame chicken and they both liked it (they're 2 and 6) but when I tried it there was mostly breaking and hardly any chicken. The other people in my party were also disappointed in their dishes but I can only speak for the above dishes since that's what I ate. I can say that when I was offered a bite of their dishes I declined because they didn't look any more appetizing then what I had already eaten. The best art of this meal was the complimentary hot tea.
Bottom line... I have been looking for good Chinese in Delaware for a long time and have yet to find it... Thus, what led me to look on tripadvisor... And if Hunan Inn is considered one of the best Chinese restaurants in Delaware skip it and go to Philly!!!!!

1 Thank ginnybop
“Hunan, still on top...”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

This restaurant still amazes me, the service is always phenomenal and the food is always made to order! Always courteous and very respectful, they make you feel welcome anytime. I recently went their with a group of friends who have not been to this specific restaurant, and they felt at home, they even asked to have specially made dishes and with no hesitation, the chef agreed! Never a dull moment drinks were awesome ambiance was very nice and relaxing, "it's a home away from home", they all said. The food was very good and will not be forgotten!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Spartan-Panda1347
Wilmington
“Great Service and Mai Tai's!”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This was my first time here and I was pleasantly suprised. The owner was really nice and helpful. He can make a helluva mai tai! The scallion pancakes were delicious and crispy squid (calamari). Some items were a tad high (for takeout style dishes) But if you sit in and get the whole restaurant experience and drinks you probably won't be disappointed. I definetly plan on going again with friends and making a happy hour out of it!

• Visited June 2012