“Authentic”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We were 4 ladies (2 Italian), and completely enjoyed our "just like home" taste. Where else can you get "Sunday night"gravy or a dinner (salad, the most wonderful meatball, and pasta) on one plate. The mussels were grilled and had great smoke flavor. The calamari breading was a bit too soft but did soak up the marina in a good way. the chicken and peppers was a surprise. Cubes of chicken with a light seasoned breading which gave them there own flavor without relying on the tasty red sauce.

Servicecwas warm and accommodating. We will return

1  Thank Fran I

Reviewed 4 March 2013

just had 8 men there for dinner. we ordered pretty much everything on the menu and it was incredible. best meatball ever.

1  Thank fiore l
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Had a wonderful meal at Cafe Scalessa. The homemade meatballs and gnocchi gave my Nonna's a run for her money. True authentic Italian cooking! Delicious desserts. Can't wait to go back.

2  Thank marie c
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

This was a nice find that my wife and I had last night. This was a very old time Italian restaurant, with some nice homemade delicacies. We started with the meat ball with Sunday gravy as an appetizer and Calamari with flash drive's bench. The calamari was truly unique as I've never had that kind of spinach before. Meatballs were delicious and very light tasting and reminded me of the type my mother used to make what I was young. The sauce was your typical Italian Sunday sauce with little bit support get it. I had the gnocchi del verde which was a nice portion of gnocchi with crab in a white sauce. The gnocchi were obviously homemade. This dish was good. My wife had the chicken Scalesso , Which was chicken with grab me. This also was very good. I would recommend a visit here!

2  Thank k2web
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 25 November 2007

If you are looking for something different, this is definitely the place to go! The food is all fresh, no menu ... waiters let you know what they are serving each night, dancing at night and great drinks! Staff is awesome!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook