“What has happened to Harry's??”

Harry's Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Harry's Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 574 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 20 July 2014

It's been about two years since I last visited Harry's Seafood Grill. I have dined here for lunch and dinner at least 10 times previously. I have always felt that the two Harry's restaurants in Delaware were top of the line, well run establishments. This visit to the Seafood Grill left me wondering what the heck has happened to the place. We had crab dip appetizer that was heavy on the artichoke pieces with little or no crab to be found. Our second appetizer was a jumbo shrimp cocktail which did come with the usual excellent cocktail sauce but the jumbo shrimp ($3.50 per shrimp) were chewy and not fresh. We had a whole lobster with no flavor and the lobster meat was slimy like it had been boiled in re-used water. Even the tail meat tasted funky. The King Salmon prepared in a very odd mixture of leeks, grapefruit pieces and onions which just did not mix well together and was served with 2 brussel sprouts sliced down into 12 tiny slivers. The fish itself did taste fresh, but the portion was about 4 oz. Oddly enough, the only dish ordered by my party that was on the mark was the chicken breasts in a simple lemon butter sauce. Our server was prompt and courteous but was not very articulate. He seemed to struggle engaging any conversation which is very uncharacteristic for this place. I have always been impressed by well trained, very professional servers and staff at Harry's on prior visits. So I am not sure what's going on with this place, but for this visit, it was just not good.

2  Thank pine1144

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I had a fantastic experience with our two year old. The food was phenomenal, and while there were very expensive items on the menu (Seared Tuna was amazing), there was also a fairly inexpensive selection of (not so) small plates. The waiter was great and made really good recommendations. The kid's menu is good as well - fish sticks weren't your typical "From the freezer" type and the Fries were really good. Easy parking.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I dined at Harry's seafood for lunch and had a delicious meal. We started with the rich crab and artichoke dip, and were very pleased with our entree choices. I'm not a big seafood eater, and had the grass fed burger which was tasty, covered with caramelized onions and a generous helping of cheese. My husband had the amberjack with rice pilaf which he loved so much, he's talking about it 2 days later. This is a great place for fresh seafood, nice variety, and well prepared. It's on the bank of the Christina river, so there's great atmosphere as well.

1  Thank Jeanbedf
Reviewed 11 July 2014

When you can't eat at a seafood restaurant on the coast, go to Harry's. like their Savoy Grill, the food is excellent and the service is great!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our visit to Harry's was pretty disappointing, especially based on the prices and the reviews I had read. We went in July 2014 for my girlfriend's birthday. They initially seated us outside on the water, but the bugs forced us back inside. They then seated us in a corner of the restaurant where we found out later the lights (on the vaulted ceilings) had gone out the night before. So, was pretty much had to eat dinner in the dark. Why would they seat us in that area when other areas were clearly available?

The waiter was on a bit on the arrogant side and not very helpful; getting information on the dinner choices was like pulling teeth. Very uncommunicative w/ no urgency or goal to help us. I started with an oyster shooter - it was lukewarm and had pieces of shell in it. Not good! The clam chouder was basically under heated potato soup w/ not one discernable piece of clam that could be found. The salad was good and my girlfriend's barramundi was a highlight, but my dish was very "plain jane" for the money. Overall, extremely unimpressive.

With this place, you basically get the idea that much of their patrons are corporate business people who spend a lot of money. If you don't rank, you're basically treated as "second class." Overall, a very unremarkable dining experience. No need to return to this place. Check!

1  Thank Eric C