“Musty Odor”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
Egg Harbor Twp, United States
“Musty Odor”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My room looked clean but had a very strong musty odor. I was traveling with people who also had the smell in their room. The staff was very helpful. There was also a strong garbage odor coming from a nearby business. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MaryT687, Manager at Best Western Brandywine Valley Inn, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Carol E,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 302-543-6155.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Brandywine Valley Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Crofton, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Found the hotel nice and clean and very welcoming. Nice outdoor pool -- need to have towels readily available to guests -- we had to ask and they were very small towels. Wish they had queen size beds instead of double beds. Overall a very pleasant stay. Breakfast was nice. Would stay there again. Great location, close to 95 and other activities. Felt it was a little overpriced for the type of hotel it is, but overall good experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MaryT687, Manager at Best Western Brandywine Valley Inn, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Sharon,

Annandale, Virginia
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have nothing negative to say about our stay - which makes it excellent! The room was comfortable and clean! We especially appreciated having a refrigerator, hairdryer, and coffee maker. Our room looked out at the swimming pool - another plus! Breakfast (pancake maker!) was lovely - as were evening cookies. Front desk folks were pleasant and helpful! - and the Brandywine Valley itself is a wonderful place to visit! Thank you!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
MaryT687, Manager at Best Western Brandywine Valley Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Claudia T.,

Norfolk, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our overall experience was great. The initial contact was warm, friendly and kind. We were barely in our rooms during our stay but the rooms were clean and the bed was pretty comfy. There was a pleasant smell upon entering the room and the pool and jacuzzi were clean and inviting. The customer service was outstanding which is hard to come by these days. Great stay! Thumbs up!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was initially cautious about booking this hotel based on some of the reviews I read here on Trip Advisor. However, I like Best Western as a hotel chain and decided to take a chance and I am very glad we did.

The hotel is set up like an old drive in motel - rooms facing out over the parking lot or pool area. Although the hotel is a bit old and shows some wear in some places the things that are important to me - clean facilities, clean and comfortable room, friendly and helpful staff - were shown obvious care.

Upon check in we were greeted by friendly and helpful staff, check in was a breeze. Our room was easy to find and once we were inside we found it to be clean and cozy. Some of the professional photos on travelocity and some of the other sites show some wackadoodle wall paper in some of the rooms but that wasn't my experience. Our room was modern and we were very happy with it.

The hotel is easy to find with nice amenities - a nice pool/Jacuzzi and continental breakfast. The hotel is close to a lot of things and we enjoyed shopping in some of the plazas and visiting some local attractions. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
MaryT687, Manager at Best Western Brandywine Valley Inn, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Diva3717,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Been staying at this hotel for five years, they make me feel my family. The location and prices are right up my alley. It's clean, comfortable with restaurants and stores nearby. The complimentary breakfast is good and fresh. I recommend the Brandywine Best Western. Oh and it's right of I-95 !!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MaryT687, Manager at Best Western Brandywine Valley Inn, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Jose973 ,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

At first hesitant to book here because of some questionable reviews, I did so because it was located so close to my family. The rooms are older and basic, but they were very clean. Unplugging the frig took care of the noise issue. The staff were a model of customer service and I tend to set the bar pretty high so they did an impressive job. The breakfast was good with lots of food even during the last 15 minutes of the scheduled time. Overall, great value for the money! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank rebecca r
MaryT687, Manager at Best Western Brandywine Valley Inn, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Rebecca,