“Great for a business trip”

Courtyard Wilmington Downtown
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I came to town for a company trip. I usually stay in newark but decided to stay closer to town because the morning traffic is Horrific! Any who , i had a pleasent stay at the Courtyard. My room was on the top floor it was very spacious And clean. The staff was nice some did not speak when they seen me but the Staff that did made me feel welcomed. The Area is not good at all! Too much noise at night also the city has a very bad reputation i wouldn't go out when the street lights come on. The hotel was AWESOME just bad location

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank TGlendswood1
aria b, Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you so much for visiting our location. It is our pleasure to have you and we are glad our associates made you feel welcomed. For your convenience we do offer overnight security and white noise machines should you visit again and need them. We hope you will stay with us again.

Aria Bias
Operations Manager

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I would like thank the entire staff for such a wonderful stay. The front desk staff ( Eric) was fast and very courteous during our checking in. He made sure me, my son and cousin feel right at home. We stayed in room 1002, the housekeeper was very polite, professional and made sure we had everything in our room. She even share information with us regarding the local area. Overall the entire staff were great, the hotel was clean & wonderful amenities and worth the money spent.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tyrone B
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Courtyard in downtown Wilmington was on the lower end of Courtyards in which I've stayed. The surrounding area isn't great- it really is downtown and I arrived around 12am. I was a little nervous, as there were some homeless people milling around. The hotel doesn't have its own parking, so you have to use an adjacent parking garage. The security there seemed pretty lax and I wondered if my car would really be safe there over night.

After parking, it's a short walk over to the hotel, but I admit I was glancing over my shoulder as I carried my bags from the car to the hotel. In the end, I was probably perfectly safe, but it didn't put me in the most relaxing of moods.

The front desk attendant was very pleasant- I have no issues with the service. He asked if I parked in the garage and he validated my ticket for something like $9.50.

The room was quite small, but fairly cozy and clean. I didn't have any real issues with the room. It was about what you would expect from a Courtyard.

My other concern was that the price seemed a bit high, given the neighborhood and the very small room. I've stayed at other hotels in the vicinity that were cheaper and more spacious. I didn't feel like this hotel was a good value for the amount I spent.

If you are staying the area and location is important, you can probably do worse than this hotel. All in all, my stay was fine. However, on my next trip to the area, I'll likely try another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Christina R, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us; we truly value your feedback to help us make your stay more enjoyable in the future. We are working to improve our parking process and plan to offer valet parking very soon. We do use a contracted security service at the hotel to monitor the surrounding area and they can also escort our guests to and from the garage, if needed. We do hope to see you again. Thank you, Christina

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in a king room. The room was large with a huge and very comfortable bed. The whole hotel is very modern and clean and there is a lovely pool and courtyard area. The staff were very helpful, especially the lady on the front desk who decided to move us to a nicer room than the one we had originally been allocated (not at our request which was very thoughtful of her) and also the very friendly man at the valet desk who gave me directions to the car garage.
The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the riverfront and even nearer to some of the bars and restaurants around Market Street. The hotel is also about 20 minutes drive from Wrightsville Beach which is lovely (bring change to pay the meter if you are driving!).
Parking is $8 per day (self-parking) at the garage opposite the hotel. There is also valet parking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BristolKiki
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Visiting Odessa and found this hotel - @40 mns from my destination. Reminded me of downtown Manhattan. Nice hotel, clean and comfort space - layout - and quiet. The surrounding area is deserted once Friday afternoon arrives. Hotel has a parking area adjacent to the property; it's an extra charge. However, didn't feel too safe coming and going so we did plan to arrive early and avoid late night arrival to the hotel. It has a Bistro and for bkfast, it's Starbucks coffee; I dislike their coffee. Expensive for the food, recommend you go to Market Street for your meals. Overall: good experience

Room Tip: Use of room key is needed to access the elevators!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MRBDEV
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Came to town for the marathon and had a great stay. i had been here once before and had a much smaller room. my wife and i were in room 609 and it was nice and big and had no problems. they even gave a 2 hour late checkout which was great for the runners. nice job courtyard.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The hotel and staff were nice and I don't want to reflect badly on them. However, the garage is a public garage and not secure or safe. My car was broken into and no one (not even the police) seemed surprised. The robber must have had a lot of time too because they rummaged through my entire car. The hotel told me they are looking into buying floors for the Marriott with added security but I say don't park there (overnight) unless that happens. I think it is the only garage to park in for the hotel. VERY unsecured.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Christina R, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

I am glad to hear that our associates took good care of you and I am sorry to hear that your car was broken into. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We have been working closely with garage management to work on a solution and also plan to have valet parking implemented by the end of this month. If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Christina