“Outstanding Rooms, Even better service!” Great Front Desk” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Wilmington Downtown

Courtyard Wilmington Downtown
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Outstanding Rooms, Even better service!” Great Front Desk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

First of All, I would like to stay this is a great spot in the down-town area. Plenty of parking. The staff at the front desk know the area and all the great places to eat. Just ask anyone from the service team. I was looking for the small places in the neighbor-hood for great food, This was a great get-way week-end.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are real quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CDT22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Orange Park, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

First I must say that my stay was on rewards points so I was very happy with the "price" LOL... it was a last minute booking for a funeral and I was so happy to arrive after a day of driving to a nice, clean, classy room with one of the absolute BEST SHOWERS I have ever seen/used in my life! it was HUGE and had dual shower heads! and a nice seat along the wall, I could sit & relax as I showered! very very cool. The room was huge, king bed was classic Marriott comfort/clean/cozy, great sheets/pillows. Fridge/microwave in the room, granite sinktop area and a nice flatscreen TV too. I asked for a higher floor and had a good view out the window. Front desk check in gal was super sweet and the parking next door was very easy/convenient. (wish it was comped but oh well you can't have it all). My only complaint is that both times I tried to get food at the bistro cafe, I was not able to. First they were out of soup (which is what I wanted for a late-day snack)... and in the morning (at 9:59) there were NO options to buy any breakfast or anything else for that matter?! Why bother having a cafe then? Thankfully I had some crackers with me. Not happy about the lack of food options. But overall, if in the area again, I'd stay here again. Note: upon check out, there is often several cars hogging the "loading" lane in the front area, I had to pull into the side alley next to the lobby so I could load up my bags. It was a very nice hotel though and I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Moniclarke
Greenwood, Maine, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

1. Shower was not clean at all!

2. Youth soccer and softball teams running up and down hallways while parents were getting drunk in the lounge.

3. Television picture was purple until I smacked the side of the TV. Felt like I was back in 1979.

4. Wifi was so poor that I gave up and just used my phone's data plan.

5. Check-in is confusing because it is not clear if you can park in front of the hotel. There is a "no parking" sign in front of the hotel doors.

6. Parking is a block away.

7. One staff member seemed interested in helping me, the other two were disinterested at best.

8. I've stayed in two dozen Marriott properties in this year and this one is by far the worst.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
aria b, Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Downtown, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Mr. Richard,

Thank you for your survey response. Our aim is always to provide optimum service for our guest and unfortunately we feel short of that during your stay. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. We have credited your account with Marriott rewards points, and spoken with both the front desk associate and housekeeper. The engineer inspected your TV to repair any issues. When logging on to the internet please enter a "0" before your room number along with your last name to access the internet. If you have any other trouble please feel free to contact any member of our management team and we would be happy to assist. With the issues above addressed we hope to redeem your trust and that you enjoy the remainder of your stay.

Aria Bias
Operations Manager
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

This hotel is amazing and the service was the best I have experienced at any hotel anywhere. I travel over half the year for work and have stayed in quite a few hotels and this one ranks in te top 5.

Decided last minute to take my wife and 15 month old daughter on a little weekend vacation to see the NC aquarium and a day at the beach. Stayed 2 nights. Upon checking in, I was upgraded to a king suite so that my daughter would have a sperate space to sleep. The rooms were amazing and the beds were some of the most comfortable I have slept in. Everything was extremely clean.

We spent some time on the boardwalk and the surrounding downtown areas all within walking distance. There was plenty to due for all ages. The Courtyard is conviently located with easy access to all attractions.

We cant wait to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Steven A
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I came to town for a company trip. I usually stay in newark but decided to stay closer to town because the morning traffic is Horrific! Any who , i had a pleasent stay at the Courtyard. My room was on the top floor it was very spacious And clean. The staff was nice some did not speak when they seen me but the Staff that did made me feel welcomed. The Area is not good at all! Too much noise at night also the city has a very bad reputation i wouldn't go out when the street lights come on. The hotel was AWESOME just bad location

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank TGlendswood1
aria b, Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Downtown, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you so much for visiting our location. It is our pleasure to have you and we are glad our associates made you feel welcomed. For your convenience we do offer overnight security and white noise machines should you visit again and need them. We hope you will stay with us again.

Aria Bias
Operations Manager
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I would like thank the entire staff for such a wonderful stay. The front desk staff ( Eric) was fast and very courteous during our checking in. He made sure me, my son and cousin feel right at home. We stayed in room 1002, the housekeeper was very polite, professional and made sure we had everything in our room. She even share information with us regarding the local area. Overall the entire staff were great, the hotel was clean & wonderful amenities and worth the money spent.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tyrone B
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Courtyard in downtown Wilmington was on the lower end of Courtyards in which I've stayed. The surrounding area isn't great- it really is downtown and I arrived around 12am. I was a little nervous, as there were some homeless people milling around. The hotel doesn't have its own parking, so you have to use an adjacent parking garage. The security there seemed pretty lax and I wondered if my car would really be safe there over night.

After parking, it's a short walk over to the hotel, but I admit I was glancing over my shoulder as I carried my bags from the car to the hotel. In the end, I was probably perfectly safe, but it didn't put me in the most relaxing of moods.

The front desk attendant was very pleasant- I have no issues with the service. He asked if I parked in the garage and he validated my ticket for something like $9.50.

The room was quite small, but fairly cozy and clean. I didn't have any real issues with the room. It was about what you would expect from a Courtyard.

My other concern was that the price seemed a bit high, given the neighborhood and the very small room. I've stayed at other hotels in the vicinity that were cheaper and more spacious. I didn't feel like this hotel was a good value for the amount I spent.

If you are staying the area and location is important, you can probably do worse than this hotel. All in all, my stay was fine. However, on my next trip to the area, I'll likely try another hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Christina R, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Downtown, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us; we truly value your feedback to help us make your stay more enjoyable in the future. We are working to improve our parking process and plan to offer valet parking very soon. We do use a contracted security service at the hotel to monitor the surrounding area and they can also escort our guests to and from the garage, if needed. We do hope to see you again. Thank you, Christina