“Interesting experience- not like other recent reviews”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
New York City, New York
“Interesting experience- not like other recent reviews”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed at this location this week as part of a large group. Personally I would not have selected a hotel out on a strip but it wasn't my choice to make-not sure why they chose it so far from the train and downtown. But that said, it wasn't a bad place at all. The rooms were like any other hotel room- very much like the Hampton Inns I usually stay in. Good bedding. Actually my room seemed recently renovated. It was immaculate.
They have a nice meeting area off to the side which I imagine would also be good for weddings. I liked the fact that we had our breaks right next to our meeting rooms. We ate multiple meals there this week. All were good. No one complained that I know of. Really nice break food.
The exercise room was too small. 5:15am and every machine (all six) were taken. I never saw anyone in the pool but it looked ok- if you want to parade in a swim suit with the gym people facing you.
I heard rumors when we were there that there was a management changeover. I know the desk people were distracted and less than helpful. The meeting people were however very attentive, and the van drivers very popular (they ran vans to the trains and restaurants for us.)
What I really did not like may not be unfixable- if you are not careful, you will drive right by the entrance to this hotel. The driveway is hidden in the chaos of the neighbors signs. And there is only one entrance so if you overshoot it you are in the mall and right now there is not a connection between parking lots so you have to go down the road a bit and turn around and then go back up the road and turn around again to get in the right lane to try to get into the hotel.
The sign in the lobby said free wifi. It worked for me, but I am a HHonors member.
I was originally given a room in the front which I rejected for a rear, mall facing room. It was a very quiet stay-I never heard the room traffic.
If I were coming with a car, I would consider staying here again. Next to the mall and all the food options was not a bad thing, and parking was free. You can drive downtown quickly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
Travellers also viewed these Wilmington hotels
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Hotel du Pont
#3 of 13 in Wilmington
Courtyard Wilmington Brandywine
Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington

Property: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington
Address: 4727 Concord Pike, Wilmington, DE 19803-1408
Region: United States > Delaware > Wilmington
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington 3.5*
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington is centrally located near the Concord Mall and Interstate 95 in Brandywine Valley. Complimentary shuttle service is available to shops and restaurants within 3 miles of the property. Philadelphia International Airport is less than 17 miles away. Other features include complimentary WiFi, onsite dining, indoor heated pool, fitness center and our signature warm, delicious chocolate chip cookies. Event and meeting space for up to 300 guests can be accommodated at DoubleTree Wilmington. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.