“What an amazing hotel! (4/25/14)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
Wilmington, Delaware
“What an amazing hotel! (4/25/14)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Not sure where to begin,,,,,Chose this location for my wedding ceremony and reception and it was one the best choices that was every made (besides marrying my husband)!

My initial encounter was with Renee the catering sales manager who was very easy to work with and extremely prompt about returning any type of correspondence. Next, the executive chef (Jeff) was overwhelmingly amazing in being able to accommodate and execute my CUSTOM menu. Not only the food amazingly good, its presentation was aesthetically beautiful and of course of 5-star restaurant quality. He was even able to free-style some meals when my reception guest became "greedy" an ate more than was agreeably available for my reception. The best part of this was no one every noticed and it was as if we never skipped a beat. That is the epitome of pleasing the customer (me, the bride) during a potentially stressful time.

The hotel was extremely busy the week,leading into the weekend of my wedding event. The guest relations (mainly the general manager), made a place available so I could set-up as much as possible in advance without disturbing any of the other events occurring. This meant the world to me and truly shows how thoughtful the person "in charge" of this hotel is and how he overtly represents himself as an example of what the DoubleTree (Concord Pike) stands for and what type of customer service he wants his employees to mimic. The hotel room accommodations were amazing! This is coming from someone who does not live far from the hotel and could have easily gone home to the comfort of my own bed. The bed in my junior suite was so comfortable, I almost did not want to get out of it the next day (and we were leaving for Jamaica!....which speaks volumes). I would go back to this hotel, just to sleep comfortably in the bed again.

The housemen (Andre and Tahir) were both very helpful in preparing the ballrooms needed for the event. They also helped retrieve and carry anything we needed for set-up and break down.

All the servers (Bea, Patricia, Rich, Shannon, and Tiffany) and the two bartenders (Pat and Rob) were phenomenal in tending to me and my guest needs. The banquet captain (Rob) was also resourceful and made what I envisioned for my guest's tables come to fruition. Both banquet managers (Jillian and Jimmie) were highly efficient and extremely nice and helpful. They made sure my event ran smoothly to where the night and my overall wedding/reception was unbelievable!

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel for everything from a quick getaway, to a business spot, to a party/wedding, or even just as a place to grab a bite or dine at. The food is amazing, the rooms are quiet, clean and comfortable, and the overall service is amazing!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
chapman1118, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Sheria-
Thank you so much for your review of our staff and your event. We will make sure that all of the people mentioned in the review get recognized for their outstanding work. It was our pleasure to work with you and your husband. Please come back and see us again soon!

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Hotel had multiple weddings and prom the weekend we stayed. Staff exceptionally professional and helpful. Quiet level signed by all people staying. Hotel very quiet. Highly recommend hotel. I stay multiple times a year and would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We hope you come back soon!

austin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

The hotel was very convenient and easy to access. The staff was very accommodating, the room was spacious and well appointed and the lounge was warm and comfortable for a leisurely cocktail after a long day of travel and work.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

chapman1118, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Kevin,
Thank you very much for the kind words. We hope to see you back soon!

Wilmington, DE, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is a very nice hotel located in a very nice part of Wilmington. My wife and I have a great getaway and enjoyed the hotel, location, shops and all the meal choices! Great place to stay if you are in the area!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Randy,
I am so glad that we were able to make the trip memorable or you and your wife. Come again soon!

Midlothian, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Great friendly staff, very helpful, always smiling. I came in from driving over 9 hours and was VERY tired. I made a simple comment about how I was tired and it has been a long day. Instead of the staff just ignoring me, they engaged me and made me feel welcomed and told me that staying here was the best idea I had. And it was! Room was quiet, comfortable and I slept like a baby. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Joe,
We always love hearing when our staff goes above and beyond with our guests. We hope that you come back and visit us the next time you are in Wilmington

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed for 2 nights and was extremely pleased with the service - the front desk, housekeeping, and breakfast staff were all super friendly and accommodating.

However, two down sides: location and facilities.

I understand the hotel is soon to have a revamp - it needs it! The rooms are perfectly average, but they are small (even upgraded rooms), the televisions aren't super modern, the a/c unit blows more air in to the curtains than the room, and the walls have water spots on them. I also hope that with the refurbishment comes a staff elevator - the lifts took forever, especially as staff would use the same ones as guests.

The location is also a bit bland - just off a major road in a sea of parking lots (as another reviewer said - apt description!). If you have a car that's probably fine, but otherwise it's not a pedestrian friendly area, so other than the little mall next door there aren't a lot of options.

The staff made my staff great, but for future visits to Delaware I think I will pay a few dollars more to be in the waterfront area.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the review. We appreciate your honest opinion of the hotel and will be addressing many of the items you mentioned in our upcoming reinvention of the hotel. Follow us on Facebook and you can see where we are in the process!

We look forward to your return!

Wilmington PA, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel needs a face lift as soon as possoble. beds,carpet, chairs. beds very uncomfoftable chairs in the room have stains carpet old and durty hall smells. I talk with the manager about every thing I even said to her I will come back if you ever do a face lift. she said to me we are doing a face lift soon but if you dont like the hotel there are plenty of hotels close by you can go to one of them why she tryed to get me to go to another hotel I dont know. all I can say you have lots of work to do at that hotel if not you need to take Hilton off.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

chapman1118, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Ella,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback on your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property and service as new perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom appearance help us make improvements on an ongoing basis. We regret you were disappointed in this visit and hope you will give us another chance to impress should you return to our area in the future. The reinvention that our manager mentioned begins in July 2014 and will be completed by November.