“Beautiful Room, great stay”

Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Camden, New York
“Beautiful Room, great stay”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton Suites on our way to Dover DE for a NASCAR race. We spent just one night. Our room was absolutely beautiful, very large suite with a king bed. The bed was comfortable. The room was quiet (we were on the 9th floor). The bathroom was very clean and had wonderful amenities including a robe and slippers. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: There is a $12 fee for parking in the hotel garage, but this was fine as it was pretty secure. I'...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DHarlander
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your stay this past weekend!! It turned out to be a pretty nice weekend for the NASCAR at the Monster Mile. The 9th floor is one of our Club Floors (we have four of these floors) that all have upgraded amenities and access to the Club Lounge. We are excited that the hotel will be going through a room renovation in 2012 which will definitely enhance our all-suite property. We look forward to seeing you again in September or anytime you are in the Wilmington DE area.
Warm Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 May 2012

****SPG Gold****
So if you sadly happen to be in Wilmington, this hotel is a good standard. It's a Sheraton Suites property which I rarely see anymore. Check in was painless and I got all my amenities and even got put on a club floor. Oddly enough, there are multiple club floors in this hotel. The club is on 11, but I was on 14.

Room: The room was big and clean. Bathroom was nice. My only problem was the HVAC. It lied. I like it to be cold when I sleep and it was not cold, regardless of the 60 degrees it kept taunting me with. Two flat screen TVs and a kitchenette.

Club: Two rooms with a hot breakfast item (cheesy scrambled eggs and peppers), muffin tops and even waffles. They have a cool espresso machine. The club employee was super outgoing and nice. And they have granola bars and sodas/water available all day long.

Gym: This is not so much a gym, as a small room with a bike, an elliptical, and two treadmills. (The one on the left is the only one that has a working TV) There's also free weights. But you can't really compare this to other Sheratons.

The staff are terrific. The hotel is centrally located. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Suites regarding your recent visit. We do truly appreciate your feedback and I am glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable. I do however apologize for the AC inconvenience during your stay. I do hope that it was corrected. In addition, the hotel will be going through a guest room renovation in 2012 to enhance the guest experience.
Thank you for your SPG loyalty and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Wilmington.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 16 May 2012

The rooms at the Sheraton Suites are great. This is my second stay at a Sheraton Suites and I would definitely stay there again. I had a two room suite with a wet bar, microwave, coffee pot, refrigerator, full desk, complete living room outfit and a very nice king sized bed. There was a nice area right outside the bathroom with a very large mirror to dry your hair/put on your makeup. The room was very clean and well kept - came with complimentary water if you don't mind generic brand bottled water. The other named brand water was $4. The hotel had a nice bar/restaurant and a comfortable lobby.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Thank you so much for your great comments regarding your stay at the Sheraton Suites Wilmington DE. You are correct; the hotel suites are well appointed and will give every guest a “home away from home” feel. We are also excited to announce that the hotel will be going through a renovation in the guest rooms and guest hallways before year end of 2012 to enhance the guest’s stay experience. Thank you again and we look forward to you stay with us any time you are in the Wilmington area!
Burlington, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The hotel was great! Staff were courteous and helpful and accommodated our little yorkie. Not a lot of space to walk dogs. Went across the street to some green area next to the YMCA. The room was very nice and comfortable. When we checked in the desk clerk told us there was a 12 dollar charge for parking, but there were plenty of spaces on the street if we wanted to park there. We told her we would park on the street. Got the bill the next morning and there was a charge for parking and then it was subtracted so we didn't think anything of it. When I checked my credit card bill a week later there was a charge for $12 parking on my card. I called the hotel and they told me that I would have to talk to Kathy in Finances. I called Kathy and told her the issue and she said the charge was applied when we checked in and I told her that the desk clerk specifically told us we could park on the street. She said she would adjust the charge off.

Room Tip: Beware of the parking charge
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
I wanted to thank you personally for your comments regarding you recent visit at the Sheraton Suites Wilmington DE. We truly do appreciate guest feedback both good and bad as it allows us to reflect on our performance and improve our service on many levels. Like all the hotels located in the downtown Wilmington area, we charge for parking which is conveniently located under the hotel with many safety features such as a safety/security gate that comes down after 11pm to 6am and can be accessed by programmed guest room keys. The desk staff typically asks all guests upon their arrival if they are parking at the hotel during their stay and informs them of the cost associated with the parking. However on weekends the guest is able to park on the street as is no cost at the meters from Friday after 6pm through Monday 8am. I apologize if you were not properly informed but I am very thankful that Kathleen was able to assist you with your parking charge. Again, thanks so much for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you here often.
san diego, ca
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The staff were simply delightful and went out of their way to meet our every need. Would highly recommend this fine hotel.

• Stayed April 2012
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you for your comments! We are very pleased to hear that your stay was "excellent". The hotel and its staff take great pride in delivering a high level service to our customers and will continue to do everything in our power to meet everyone’s expectations, I am glad that you experienced this level of service during your recent stay.
Please do not hesitate to call us the next time you are in the Wilmington area as we look forward to your next stay.
Warm Regards,
New York
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed 3 nights in this hotel in downtown Wilmington. Bed is extremely comfortable, and they accommodated us with a crib for our infant son. Location is convenient and there's street parking all around if you don't want to pay for the garage.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Suites Wilmington DE. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. However, we are excited to say that the hotel will be going through a room renovation later in 2012. The couches, chairs & ottomans, desks, coffee tables, guest carpet and hallway carpet are all to be replaced. Thank you again and we look to see you again real soon.
Warm regards,
Nobodysprophecy
Reviewed 20 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a nice little weekend getaway. We did have to pay for parking. (which wasn't a surprise), so its no big deal. The front desk was very courteous. We had a one bedroom suite on the club level. Our room was clean and up to date. It had complimentary bottles of water, two flat screen tv's, the most comfortable robe in the world, slippers and starbucks ( yes I said starbucks) coffee for the coffee pot. We had access to the club lounge. Which was fabulous. Internet access and complimentary starbucks coffee round the clock. The continental breakfast is one of the best around. We overall liked this place enough to join their loyalty program. Now for the bad. And though it is only one thing. We will probably not stay here again, and is the reason for three stars instead of five.I am a non smoker and I appreciate the hotels smoke free policy. My wife is however a smoker and obeying the rules she smokes outside. Each and every time we were outside we were approached by panhandlers. Now I have no problem helping out people. I even expect to be asked for money while I am in city. This was extreme to the point where it became annoying and then concerning. It was every single time we stood in front of the building. The police did stop one time and tell the beggars to move on. Again, I am not a person who doesn't care about the homeless. This was just past the point of ridiculous. I did not feel safe with out escorting my wife outside each time. Other than that. This is a fantastic hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the club level during the week. the h'orderves in the evening and the continen...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your response. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed you room and the service that you recieved during your recent visit, When I shared your comments with the staff they were excited to see that their efforts had been recogonized. In addition, I have contacted Downtown Visions, the CVB, the city and the downtown police regarding the issue. They all assured me / the hotel that they would continue their efforts to address this problem. However, we do truly hope that the next time you are in the Wilmington area that you will stay with us again.
Warm Regards,