“Clean suite stay 😊”

Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
“Clean suite stay 😊”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The rooms were cozy, EXTREMELY clean and fragrant. The bed was oh so relaxing.I hate smelly hotel rooms that smell stale; the showerhead was phenonemal it felt like home. Check in was okay was too slow only 1 person (seem like they were on a skeleton crew). I was very disappointed in the size of the indoor pool ONLY 3FT and water level was low. For a weekend stay I was also disappointed that not much was open on a Saturday when ur looking for breakfast. .Also for the rate you are paying breakfast should be complimentary. Other than that I would definitely stay again at this hotel!!!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank joantsy
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. It is great to read about your stay and how relaxing it was. When you return to the area, please when making reservations, ask for the packages that include breakfast in the room rate. Thank you and have a great summer.
Eric Jolikko

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Room was excellent, comfortable king size bed, had refrigerator and microwave, and convenient amenities. Staff friendly and helpful. Parking free but feels not secure. Air condition a little noisy. Would stay again. Close to freeway.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DCtraveller41
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. The staff and I were pleased to read that you had a good experience and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Just so you are aware, the hotel has security that patrols the garage and has a security gate that goes down between the hours of 11pm and 6am daily to provide additional security for all guests and their vehicles.
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Sheraton suits in downtown Wilmington didn't live up to the Sheraton name.
The worst thing about the hotel is its location. It's in the downtown area and there is nowhere to go from there after dark. No restaurants or malls nearby. It actually looks like a ghost town after dark.
The hotel security is the worst and downtown being dangerous, any one can get accosted by thugs even inside the hotel.
The room service is not good at all. Even the staffs at the hotel restaurant are extremely discourteous. You have to wait for hours even to place your order and if you ask them about it, their behaviour is downright rude.
It doesn't even offers complimentary breakfast.The only saving grace is a wine and cheese supper on a particular weekday.
Overall, I will never opt to stay here if I can help it!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Sammychanda
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am very disappointed that you felt that restaurant staff was discourteous. I would like to know more details about this and hope that you would reach out to me so I can address properly.
In addition, please know that the safety and security of this hotel’s guests is taken extremely seriously and a huge priority as this hotel works daily/weekly with the Police Department, The City and Downtown Visions to eliminate any of the issues that you commented on. Again I would like to hear more about the details so it can be addressed properly. However, I offer my sincere apologies and thank you for sharing your experience with us so that we may improve upon our services.
Sincerely
Foster City, California
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Located in downtown Wilmington very easy access off Rt 95. True suite with doors between the rooms, fridge, microwave, coffee maker and second sink. Large dressing area with mirror outside of the bathroom. Bed was comfy with both pillow and blanket choices. Very quiet HVAC which is always nice. Some street noise even on 15th floor. Elevator is key controlled which gives safe feeling. Parking garage is very tight and I drive a small car. Breakfast buffet, not included, was very good with nice wait and service staff.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank for your comments regarding your stay at the Sheraton Suites. The hotel is the only “suite” property in downtown Wilmington and it allows both business and leisure guests “spread out” and not feel cramp like most hotel rooms. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Wilmington DE area.
Warm Regards
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 5 May 2014

For everything that I liked about this hotel there seemed to be a counter-balancing negative. Hence the overall "average" rating. This hotel rightly should be a 4 star property but it falls short in some key areas. First the good points. Good location in downtown for both the business and leisure traveler. All rooms are suites and the one we had was very nicely-arranged and decorated in a contemporary executive suite style. Extremely comfortable bed, 2 large screen tvs, and generous work station area are great. Had small fridge, microwave, and starbucks coffee in the room. In the lobby was a nice "business area" space with several free computers and copiers. Now the cons. First there is only self-parking in an underground garage that is too tight and narrow for anything larger than a compact vehicle. The parking lines are faded out and are too close together. I found many drivers of expensive cars simply took 2 spaces to protect their cars. Hotel badly needs to restripe its parking areas in a more substantial fashion. Second con is maintenance. Too many facets of the public areas look worn and not tended to. Elevators which require key cards to go to any room level don't function properly and other guests as well as myself were struggling to get these cards to activate a green light so we could get to our rooms. One hotel staffer who shared an elevator with me said that he hated the key system in this hotel as it frustrated him every work day. Another female staffer told me she just couldn't understand why the hotel has "everything locked-up" all the time. She told me this as she kindly let me into the lobby men's restroom which, you guessed it, also required a key. I have never experienced that anywhere else in my years of travelling. The elevators need rejuvenation as well as recalibrating. Floor numbers and other forms of signage are not properly affixed so that they often appear tilted and off their affixation. Lots of small things that just add-up to lack of attention to the details keep me from giving this hotel a better rating. And lastly, the hotel restaurant is adequate but nothing to get excited over. The food is better than average but the service is slow and unfocused. The staff is friendly enough but just seems amateur.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Burney A
Thank you Burney A. for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I am happy that you took the time to let “us” know about your experience. I have discussed and posted your response so we can use your comments to improve upon our service.
Thank you again and wishing you a great summer
Warm Regards,
Topsfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed 3 nights and each night we had to call down for towels. This was annoying but the real issue with this hotel came the second night of our stay. We got back to the hotel around 8:00 pm only to find that the parking lot's security gates were left open. As we drove down into the parking lot, every single spot was taken. I went to the front desk to find out why and they explained to me that there was a wedding taking place in the hotel. I was then instructed to find a spot on the street and then go down to my car around midnight and see if any spots in their garage had opened. We went upstairs, packed up our luggage, then got into our car and drove home that night leaving the room early with no refund. It's a shame that paying guests had to take a back seat to non paying guests.

Room Tip: FInd a different hotel.
Green Features: I'm not aware that there were any frienly practices.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tom O
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the hotel. I would love an opportunity to talk with you directly in regards to your experience. Please give the hotel a call and ask for me at your convenience. I look forward to talking with you.
Everywhere
Reviewed 19 April 2014

...the dirty pillow case and no free WIFI. The room have been renovated and the location was a 2 minute walk from my husband's business meeting. Parking could not accommodate our SUV, so we parked across the street with no problem ($12 overnight). Check in was quick and efficient. Staff members were OUTSTANDING, for the most part. Room was located on the 7th floor. Bed was very comfy and it was nice to have a refrigerator, coffee maker (Starbucks coffee) and a microwave. No plates or plastic ware that you typically receiving in suite type hotels. Location is well situated for business and there are a few restaurants in walking distance of the hotel. There is a hotel restaurant and they offer live music in the evenings, which is nice if you want some entertainment, but not so hot if you are trying to sleep. I could hear the music on the 7th floor; but no worries, I always carry my earplugs. There is no WIFI in the room. I'm not even sure if you can actually purchase a subscription to use in-room. King size bed...but when I was looking it over (which I do at all hotels), I noticed that one of the pillow cases had brown marks on it, maybe make-up. Obviously, I didn't use that pillow. There was also some minor mold in the shower. The only staff issue I had was when I was leaving my room at 11:45 (checkout is noon). It seems as if the housekeeper was waiting for me to leave. When I said good morning, all I got was an angry stare. I did leave her a tip, so I hope that made her smile.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I have discussed/documented your housekeeping issue with the housekeeper that is assigned to the 7th floor and the Housekeeping Manager, I too find it unacceptable and do apologize for the inconvenience. I am however glad to read that you found the staff to be "outstanding".
Thank you again and we hope the next time you are in the Wilmington area you choose to stay with "us" again.
Warm Regards,