“Excellent Motel”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
A TripAdvisor Member
Berlin, Maryland, USA
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Upgraded to business class...very clean and comfortable...suprisingly quiet for easy in and out location...air conditioner a little noisy, as most motels are...great blackout curtains...would highly reccomend to others...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

Everything was very good, staff, clean room, value, continental breakfast was very good and interesting because there is a girl who makes waffles. Near commercial zones, so you can make a little shopping.

The price was also very reasonable, my wife and I recommend this hotel. The only thing, is the decoration should be updated a bit and some carpets have to be replaced, but that's it, maybe it was done since we were there.

4/5 for this hotel !

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank belettte
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Thank you for you response. We appreciate you took the time to saty with us and review us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We stayed here overnight while visiting family combined with sightseeing in Philadelphia. This hotel was easy to get to and 1/2 the price of near by higher tiered hotels. I was worried after reading some of the other reviews. It is not fair to compare this hotel to higher priced places. As a budget hotel, it was fine: clean and comfortable, including the bathroom. Located next to road, so a little noisy in the morning. Wall unit for AC (and heat) also noisy, but this is typical in this level of hotel. Breakfast buffet serving area was crowded...I think this was unnecessary. They could have spread it out a little more. But I would stay here again if I stayed in this area. Nothing to complain about, especially for this price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Thank you for your comments. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed for just one night, we chose the hotel because it was cheap and conveniently located. There are several shops and restaurants located nearby, and the staff were helpful and courteous.

The room itself is exactly what you expect for this price, not epic but perfectly acceptable. Plus points were the new TV with loads of channels, plus superfast reliable Wi-Fi. The room did smell however, and could of done with either a new carpet or a decent air freshener.

Overall fine for the money, if you expect more pay more.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Thank you for your comments on tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, but I am sorry your room odor was not satisfactory. We will be upgrading our property soon and all those issues will be addressed. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

The best things about this hotel are 1) It's cheap, as compared to everything else in the area and 2) It's conveniently located between Wilmington, West Chester, and not too far from I-95 and I-495. It also has a pretty decent free breakfast.

Downsides: The rooms are FILTHY. Trash and dirt under the beds and if you go barefoot on the rug, your feet will be black. Also, the first room we looked at had bedbugs in one of the mattresses. We asked for a new room, far away and on the other side of a cement partition, which looked fine bed-bug wise at least, but was still pretty dirty. The sheets and towels were clean.

You really get what you pay for here, so be careful and be sure to check the beds before accepting a room. Oh, and they will charge you a safe fee and a "move fee" of a couple dollars a night unless you opt out. Not sure what the move fee was, considering we moved to avoid the bugs...

Hey, it's also next to a Wawa!

Room Tip: Be sure to check your beds before accepting a room!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Chryss973
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

I apologize it seems you had a mixed review on your stay with us. We strive to make sure all of our guest stays are satisfactory at our property and in your case I see we fell short. I thank you for your positive coments, but I apologize we failed you in others. We will be upgrading our property in the near future and I know all of your concerns will be addressed. I am surprised you found a bed bug in the room as we have a very comprehensive preventive bug program, but we will double our efforts to make sure this does not happen again in the future. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Days Inn is a 2- star hotel, so my expectations were clean sheets, clean towels, free coffee, and not much else. My husband and I weren't looking for anything fancy for our 1-day stopover on the way home from Philly. We got an inexpensive "business" room with a safe, fridge, and microwave, which was a little more than I was expecting. King size bed was nice. The free breakfast was more than adequate - bagels, muffins, cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, and waffles plus a few other hot items. Front desk staff were friendly and (most important) competent. As far as complaints, I thought the room was generally clean, but I did find some kind of plastic bracelet (medical bracelet?) stuck between the wall and bedside table. Water pressure in the shower was a little low. No biggie, though - Days Inn Wilmington is a great place for a traveler on a budget.

• Stayed: June 2012
daysinnwilm, Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the future. We are planning upcoming upgrades so your next stay will be even better.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I called after i got information about my upcoming travels. The young man who answered was kind of upset because i needed to change my plans. He kept saying "is that alll you want to change". I haven't stayed at this hotel yet but it has me wondering if I should. I will place another review if and when i do stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

I apologize my front desk agent did not give you the customer service you are accustomed to as they are all well trained. Please contact me at daysinnwilm@comcast.net so I can follow up and see if I can ascertain exactly who dealt with you, so updated training may be applied. I am sure when you stay with us you will enjoy our service.

Thank you for taking the time to send us your review.