“Nice bedding, needs some improvements”

Days Inn Wilmington/newark
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 19 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnwilm, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Reviewed 12 August 2014

A bargain priced weekly rate and all was good at this hotel. As the other comments attest, the breakfast attendant always had a nice smile and cheerful greeting to brighten your day. The breakfast selection and coffee was also better than at a higher priced hotel in the area. I visited my sisters who were staying there and was not as impressed with their breakfast offerings.

Room Tip: ours was towards the back so a little bit quieter
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
daysinnwilm, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you for your review cftraveling. I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful breakfast with us during your stay with us. The breakfast attendant is very special to us. We thank you for your generous comments, and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This Days Inn is reasonably priced, has nice rooms, is conveniently looked, AND the included breakfast goes beyond the standard "included" breakfast hosted by a very friendly person. Several good, chain restaurants localed nearby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
daysinnwilm, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your review RoyWagner. We appreciate your kind words about our property as well as the breakfast attendant. She is and always will be a gem to our establishment. Thank you for choosing us as your destination motel, and we hope to see you again soon. Have a pleasant week.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We spent three nights at this Days Inn. The staff was pleasant, especially the lady serving the free breakfast. They had an ample supply of food including eggs, potatoes and cereal among the usual bagels and muffins. The room was fair with some problems. The mirror over the sink had a very large crack across it making using it annoying. The room cleaning service was average, but after the first evening we ran out of tissues (only two were left in the box) and they were not replaced with a new box. Usually not a problem, but the A/C either had to be set to run constantly to where you were freezing when you went to sleep or set that if it quit running the room became quite stuffy. So a runny nose was not uncommon first thing in the morning where a tissue would have come in handy. The most annoying was the continued hammering on what seemed like the floor from the room above us off and on during the night and early morning hours keeping us from a sound sleep. The third night this was not an issue as I guess the occupants had vacated. Yet, for the money compared from other area hotels the price is right for the thrift minded traveler.

Room Tip: We had a double bed which for myself and spouse is a little too small after years in a queen. Recomm...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your review DavidD. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed our staff as well as the deluxe complimentary breakfast. I apologize that you had difficulty using the guest mirror in your bathroom. We will be replacing the mirror. We are also servicing the air conditioning units at the moment so we will get that issue under control as well. I hope you were able to communicate these matters to the front desk so we had to rectify the issues immediately. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The room was elegant! The presentation of the room was just beyond wonderful! Staff is very friendly and helpful. You get a lot more than what you expect. Breakfast was very good, and the lady serving breakfast was very friendly. I would stay here again!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank paulsantillan16
daysinnwilm, General Manager at Days Inn Wilmington/newark, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear paulsantillan16,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We do feel we offer a great value at a very economical price and feel we are the only place to stay for the value when visiting the Wilmington area. I am so glad you agree and enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights this past weekend. My friend picked the hotel for our weekend trip. She had stayed here before. Her room seemed clean and in good condition. My room on the other hand was less desirable. My main concern was the door. It was obvious that someone had previously kicked their way through it and the door frame had been repaired. It looked like it was caulked and the lock didn't seem to turn totally into the lock position. The tub "gave" on one side when I stepped into it. The door is what really bothered me. I was unnerved the whole weekend. Breakfast was very nice and the women that oversaw it did a great job. The front desk was efficient and pleasant. Because of the door I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Let'sGooo,

I am so sorry your were not impressed with our property during your stay with us. As your associate recommended us to you I am even more distressed by your unsatisfactory stay. Please contact me and I will address this issue with you personally. I apologize again for your less than wonderful stay with us.