Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Very clean and very quiet location. I's stay here again. Hotel staff was courteous and helpful. The room was really clean and the hotel environment was quiet. The rooms are much larger than I have experienced at their other locations. I had an enjoyable time and I would not hesitate to stay here again. great Hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had a great stay, breakfast was wonderful the next day but... the blonde hotel desk attendant recommended a restaurant called Pastabilities in downtown Wilmimgton and it was DISGUSTING and inedible. Otherwise, our stay was good with comfortable bed and clean surroundings.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The hotel staff was friendly with the exception of a lady who did not give me the time of late check out. Otherwise, it is surpassed my expectations and was a beautiful hotel. It was clean. The breakfast was fair.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I spent 5 nights here while visiting relatives in the Wilmington area. The hotel is conveniently located on Rte 202 and is close to lots of stores, restaurants and a mall.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. My two bedroom suite was very spacious, comfortable and well equipped. I will definitely stay here again when I visit Wilmington.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank flabrit
Reviewed 5 March 2014

was looking to book a room north wilmington near concord mall. Booked room three days early used my aarp card for discount and late 2pm checkout per aarp rate guidelines,when asked about 2pm checkout I was told it was not possible because they were totally booked for Tuesday through Friday I would have to check out at noon, Now please realize that I do snow removal at mall ALL NIGHT so sleeping during the day is mandated,The hotel took my reservation with a 2pm check out but didn't deliver,And to make matters worse they offer a munued complimentery dinner was listed as meatloaf mashed potatoes mixed veggies and dinner rolls, What we actually got was pizza and salad why have a menu if you don't follow it,Now the final last straw went back to my room after shoveling snow for 18 hours and my keycard didn't work went to desk three floors down ,desk said sorry gave me another key,that key didn't work either,got third key card that one didn't work either,after third trip down to desk I finally got a good key,..Please note normall checkout is at noon, I returned to me room at 10 45 why was my room cleared out of system why was I required to go up and down to the desk three times to get into a room I PAYED $350.00 a night for , which included a 2pm checkout time. I usually stay at doubletree by Hilton across the street ,Think ill just stay there from now on.BEWARE OF HOMEWOOD SUITES ON CONCORD PIKE WILMINGTON DE THEY SIMPLY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU ,ONLY THE MONEY YOU SPEND THERE ,I AM ALSO SENDING A COPY OF THIS TO THE HILTON COMPANY HEADQUARTERS IM SURE THEY'LL HAVE A WORD OR TWO TO SAY

Room Tip: room sizes are good other than that go to doubletree across the street
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Called front desk earlier to ensure late checkout next day wouldn't be an issue, I'm a 4th year med student at DuPont right now, bad storm expected, had to work till 12-1 AM and go back to work at 4 PM next day. Desk said 2 PM checkout was always permitted but to stay later I'd have to ask when checking in, they didn't expect it to be an issue. I didn't book because no cancellation allowed day of and was told plenty of rooms left. At midnight leaving hospital called desk, they said there were still plenty of rooms. I couldn't book over phone because their system was down. Arrived 15 min later, told them I'd like 3 or 3:30 checkout if possible, spoke to day clerk who said 2 PM was definitely allowed but after that I had to check when I checked in. Now the same person claims hotel is almost booked and I would be charged extra for anything after 12 noon. I was extremely disappointed after all the great reviews and wound up driving an hour and 20 min home, wasting an extra 30 min due to him initially saying plenty of rooms and then giving me a hard time when I arrived. I will tell all hospital staff about this experience. If you check in after midnight a courtesy later checkout should not be an issue, and this place should not have such high ratings for service.

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Bethw737
Denis D, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington - Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience imposed during your recent visit to our hotel. I understand your frustration with the situation and regret the miscommunication that prevented you from staying with us. I have contacted our front office department in regards to your comments and we are evaluating our policies and procedures so as to prevent similar issues in the future. I do hope the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel so we may show you the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Denis Dowse

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was traveling with family to a 90th birthday party in the area and I was so happy I chose this property to stay at. The staff was very friendly and professional and everyone seemed happy to work there.The room smelled clean and fresh. The bed was comfortable and the linens were crisp.
The mall and restaurants were all convient to reach. Can't wait to bring my family back to this area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family