“Great value, good location”

Courtyard Wilmington Brandywine
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
New Hampshire USA
“Great value, good location”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here for four nights while attending an educational workshop at Winterthur. First, this is a Marriott Courtyard, which has well-defined services and a defined "look". It is not a full-service hotel. It is geared toward younger road warriors. That said, this is a very good Courtyard! It is very clean and the staff incredibly friendly. It is well located, just a bit outside downtown Wilmington but very well situated for touring all the sites of the Brandywine valley. It has a nice indoor pool, a small fitness room and a small "deli"-type area where you can get quick breakfast meals and snacks-type foods. No room service but there is a very nice free coffee center to get your morning Joe. In the evening, they provided fresh-baked cookies and popcorn. However, just across the parking lot and very much within a very safe walking distance (a few steps, really) is a food center (like a shopping center) that contains several very popular chain restaurants--T.G.I. Fridays, Longhorn Steakhouse, Red Lobster, Olive Garden and a Barbeque restaurant, as well as a Kohl's department store. Just down the road, although not within easy walking distance are two larger shopping centers with drug store, Macy's, Chili's and Macaroni
Grill. All good for family shopping and dining. The Wilmington area transit buses stop at the hotel if you want to take the bus into downtown, without having to drive in the traffic. This is very near Winterthur, a short 10-15 minute drive through some beautiful scenery. Again, this was a great value for the money---a good clean, safe place with friendly and efficient staff, comfortable beds and bed linens and some services if you need anything.

Room Tip: We were in a room on the third floor, toward the back of the hotel. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time visiting the Wilmington area and had a great stay at the Courtyard. We hope you come back and visit us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Was there on business. I am disappointed that Marriott has gone to a cash restaurant, and no complementary breakfast. The food was overpriced and looked like it had been brought in last week. The room was okay, but there was confusion when I checked in -- the clerk wanted to put me in a double, when I clearly indicated I wanted a king (and had it confirmed on my email rez). I got what I wanted, but why confusion? For the money, you can surely do better with some internet research.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott. We apologize for any inconvenience you had at check-in. All of our Bistro amenities are mandated by Marriott so that we can provide guests with fresh food selections.

Again, thank you for your feedback.
Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

In some respects, the worst thing you can say about the modern courtyard hotel is that if you have seen one, you have seen them all, but that is also sometimes the best thing you can say. Same check in lobby, same bistro, same coffee... (sometimes there is some difference in the exercise rooms) and pretty much the same hotel room. I like the 32" flat screen (with accessible HDMI ports so that I can connect my tablet), I like the lighter duvet that is washed in-between occupants, vs the gross bedspreads of some hotels, but I have yet to understand why any one bed needs 6 pillows! Anyway, good solid hotel, pleasant staff and (for the most part) recently renovated.

Stayed February 2013
GeneralManager53, Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this review, 3 March 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wilmington Brandywine Courtyard; I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review your experience with us. Some of the greatest aspects of staying at a Courtyard is that it provides guests with consistency, functionality, safety, and comfort. All Courtyards have started using the new duvet, which I think definitely emphasis on the brand experience “refreshing business”. Again, thank you for choosing to stay at the Wilmington Brandywine Courtyard; we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to the area
Western Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Staff is very friendly, room and lobby was clean and fresh. Walking distance to a bunch of chain restaurants, mall a mile away. Internet worked just fine. Excercise room was nice enough. No complaints - I wish all stays were this easy. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the amazing remarks; it was a pleasure having you stay at the Wilmington Brandywine Courtyard. I am pleased that the service you received overall was to your satisfaction and our newly renovated rooms exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Wilmington Brandywine courtyard, we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to the area.
Mineral, Virginia
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I recently stayed at this Marriott for the weekend. I wanted to take my elderly mom out of her assisted living facility and let her spend a few days with us so she could see her great-grandchild whom she hasn't seen for 2 years. The Marriott staff was very pleasant and factual when I called to inquire about a handicapped room that would accomodate 3 adults and a child. Unfortunately, there was no cot available, which would have made sleeping more comfortable. A safety issue did occur while my mom was using the bathroom. I informed the staff immediately and it was resolved on the spot. The quick action of the hotel staff allowed my mom to feel comfortable being in the room the rest of the weekend. Thank you to Tina, manager, for her prompt and personal attention. The lobby and Bistro are very pleasant areas to relax and enjoy a conversation. Thank you to Abigail for the great chocolate milk smoothees for my grandson! Hotel rooms were recently renovated and we all enjoyed the pool and hot tub. I highly recommend you consider this hotel if you need a place for a family weekend getaway.

Room Tip: The handicapped room is spacious even with 2 queen beds, a side chair and a computer desk. Toilet in...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the great feedback and thank you for choosing to stay at the Wilmington Brandywine Courtyard; it was a pleasure having you with us. The staffs are sincerely thrilled that your experience with us exceeded your expectations. I honestly apologize about the incident that occurred during your stay, the maintenance staffs worked very hard to insure this do not transpire again. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Wilmington Brandywine courtyard.
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 4 February 2013

This hotel has always had friendly and efficient staff, and good food value. The newly completed renovations really complement your stay. They have been well designed and executed. This is definitely my place to stay when I'm in Wilmington.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManager53, Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this review, 23 February 2013
Thank you for your great feedback, the staff takes pride in assuring that every guest experience is above their expectations. Our newly renovated rooms are definitely a plus to the whole guest experience, the Guest rooms are designed to enable productivity, as well as provide an area for relaxing. I am very excited that you enjoyed your time with us at The Wilmington Brandywine Courtyard; we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to the area.
Maple Glen, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

Great location with tons of restaurant options nearby. Hershey Kisses at check in! Pool and exercise facilities are nice. Free coffee in the morning. Breakfast isn't free and options are limited. Staff at registration were very nice.

• Stayed January 2013
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Thank you so much for the great review, and for choosing to stay at the Wilmington Brandywine Courtyard. The staff here takes pride in providing our guest with excellent services, and we are all very pleased that your experience with us was excellent. All courtyards have transitioned to the bistro concept which offers fresh, fast and healthy food items, and I am glad that you enjoyed the bistro during your stay. It was a pleasure having you stay with us; and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to area.