“Convenient and Clean” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Convenient and Clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed here for one evening in early January. I give it three stars but I found nothing wrong with the hotel at this price point. I just compare it to other, perhaps larger, Courtyards where I stay (I'm a Marriott platinum so I tend to stay in Marriotts).

Check in- Easy and efficient. Quickly upgraded to a room with a balcony (which didn't do me much good since the temperature was about 20 degrees but appreciated the thought). Lobby is small but that never bothers me.

Rooms- One king bed. Room was pretty small I thought even for a Courtyard. For one night it was fine but would wonder about staying multiple nights. Bed good like most Marriotts. HVAC noise was apparent but not too obtrusive. Hotel is close by the highway but didn't notice much traffic noise. Bathroom quite small and pretty basic but clean. Drain cap was stuck in the closed position so water would not drain while taking a shower. I reported this when I left. Lighting in room good and desk chair was comfortable. On the whole, a small but OK room.

Amenities- Didn't try out the health club. A number of chain restaurants like Olive Garden just a few dozen feet away which probably accounts for why the lounge is not larger. Breakfast was good with Marriott's dependable oatmeal.

Checkout- Not a problem.

In general I found the service to be good, the property clean (except for that drain) and no significant problems. I probably downgraded them a bit for the smaller room but otherwise it was a good property.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gate75
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine! We appreciate your feedback and comments about your stay with us and hope you will chose us again upon your next trip to the Wilmington area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We are members of the Retro Fitness chain of fitness centers and were pleasantly surprised that a branch of Retro Fitness was practically across the street from our hotel, in the Concord Mall. For that reason, will DEFINITELY return to this hotel next time we're in the area. Wonderful staff, especially Tanner at the front desk, who kept greeting us by name! Exceptionally clean hotel, and I am fussy in that regard. I wish every hotel in the country had the non-slip coating this hotel uses in their tubs. My husband and I joked that "everything" is 12 minutes from this hotel (Wilmington downtown, fine restaurants, Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square PA and Brandywine River Museum in Chadds Ford PA) The hotel is not far from the Pennsylvania border.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
We are so glad you chose to stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine! Yes, our hotel is really 12 minutes away from a lot great attractions... Retro Fitness included across the street. Let us know if we can help you plan for your next trip to the Wilmington area! Happy Holidays!
New England,South
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We met some friends for a stay in the Brandywine area. Being usual Marriott customers we chose this property, our friends in a property next door. Our room was very clean, but relatively small with a King bed. Breakfast can be purchased just off the lobby at the Bistro- somewhat cramped. The staff was efficient though not exactly welcoming. Our friends invited us to their property- a much better experience to include joining them for a free breakfast. For the $$$ expended, you can do better elsewhere than this Marriott property.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank honge76
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott. We appreciate your feedback.
Hernando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

First things first. The rooms are excellent and the hotel is well-located. There are restaurants (chains) across the street, so you don't have to drive. The water was hot and the A/C worked quietly.

When we checked in, we stood around waiting while the desk clerk finished a phone conversation. No acknowledgement, no I'll be with you in a minute, nada. Same thing when we asked about Winterthur. We had a tolerable breakfast the next morning at Satrbucks on premises, but there also, the service was slow and the food so-so. My advice is skip the Starbucks Bistro and don't expect to feel like family and you'll be fine.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mariawFL
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send us feedback on your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott. We are glad you found your accommodations pleasing. We appreciate your patience. As you know, hotels can be busy and wait times can be extended, yet guests should be acknowledged. Although the Courtyard Bistro serves Starbucks coffee but is not a Starbucks cafe and therefore does not offer the full range of products at such a location. Again thank you for sending us your comments.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Tanner and his Staff were extremely friendly. An employee was getting off when our group started checking in she stayed and assisted. Thus Staff is what makes thus Hotel great. On our Checkout Sunday a member of the Staff wore a Denver Broncos Jersey. I thought that Spirit was amazing. They had free popcorn and lemon infused water available. When I first checked in a had a small problem with my room Tanner immediately changed my room and offered to assist with my bags. The entire staff greeted me by name every time the sway me and my Wife. Extremely helpful. Don't Change this staff!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyardy by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We certainly share your comments with our staff so they know how their service is valued by guests. We hope you will stay with us again!
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Pros- Prime location, very near Nemours hospital, Popcorn and lemonade free in lobby
Cons- Small rooms, very diffucult to reach AC control due to arranged furniture, very cramped rooms, Bistro looks clean but did not carry ingredients for stuff I ordered. Starbucks in bistro does not have hot chocolate!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott. While the Courtyard Bistro does serve Starbucks coffee, it is not a full service Starbucks cafe. We will look into serving hot chocolate. Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Very clean hotel, nice room that upon arrival I was upgraded to a balcony. Staff is very friendly and check-in was quick and smooth. Hotel is in an area with lots of places to eat and shop, and within walking distance (across the street). Beds were very comfortable, bathroom very clean, my TV did not work but I was not in my room long enough to really care about calling to have it serviced. They had free popcorn and lemonade upon my arrival and the lobby is pretty comfortable and a good stock of snacks and beverages.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your accommodations overall and hope you will visit with us again in the future.