“Fabulous Staff!”

Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 1 September 2014

The Courtyard Wilmington Brandywine is a clean, comfortable facility. The staff there, however, is what really makes this place stand out from many other hotels we have visited. The front desk staff, Erika, Edwind and Naomi, were not only friendly and courteous, but helpful with every need we had. They made the difference between an "okay" visit and a great one! The housekeeping was excellent and one of the maintenance workers even took the time to give us excellent directions to get home quickly. This is a wonderful place to stay if you are in the area!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front (parking) have balconies.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
CourtyardBrandywine, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Gail S.,

Thank you for your stay at the Courtyard Marriott Brandywine! I am delighted you choose to stay with us during your visit to Wilmington, Delaware. It is always a pleasure hearing how our team made the difference between an "okay" stay to a "remarkable" one! I am thrilled it was the latter. As a manager, I take great pride in hearing when our team privdes the kind of service that is expected at a Marriott Hotel. We hope to see you again when you are visiting our area!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

As a Marriott Elite member for many years, I've seen my fair share of Courtyard properties and the Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine seems to be a very good property. We were traveling down to drop my son off at college and this was a very convenient location for us. The room was decent sized and seemed clean and well maintained. We didn't really get an opportunity to use the Bistro or other options, but they looked great from a quick glance.

I still miss free coffee and/or breakfast for Elite members, it's the one thing Marriott as a whole could do to improve guest satisfaction. I guess they have to maintain costs some how.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
CourtyardBrandywine, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Ian D.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Marriott Brandywine. We appreciate that as a seasoned traveler you view our Courtyard as an excellent property. This is always the type of positive feedback, as a manager I like to hear. We do hope next time you are in the area, you will be able to use our Bistro and the other amenities our hotel has to offer. We apologize for the inconveniences regarding the loss of complimentary coffee and breakfast as part of the Marriott policy. Next time you are in our area, please contact me directly, and I will personally see what I can do for you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We cannot say enough about our wonderful experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine. Every aspect of our stay went above and beyond our expectations. Every staff member from the people at the front desk- Luis, Erika, and Samantha- to the staff at the Bistro, to the housekeeping staff, exceeded our expectations. Professional, kind, friendly, helpful... there are not enough words to describe the exemplary staff at this hotel. We can only assume that the manager of this hotel must be exceptional because her staff is amazing!

The lobby was lovely and included a Starbucks Bistro that offered food for breakfast and dinner, as well as a bar for drinks in the evening. Cold, fruited water was available in the lobby, as well as popcorn in the evening. Chocolate kisses and mints were waiting for us at the front desk. Newspapers, as well as travel and tourist information were readily available in the lobby. Computer stations and printers were set up near by if anyone needed to work.

A pool, Jacuzzi and exercise room were clean and were being enjoyed by many families. Children were given an opportunity to select a free toy from a basket at check-in. Although we did not have children with us, the children we saw at this hotel were clearly having a wonderful time.

The room was lovely and exceptionally clean and well cared for. It was quiet and comfortable and the beds were very nice. The housekeeping staff did a lovely job keeping the room clean and well-stocked on our 3 day stay. They were very friendly and accommodating and even thanking us for their daily tip (something I have never seen- even at exclusive hotels).

We have just arrived home and are already making plans for our return visit. You will not be disappointed when you stay at this wonderful hotel!

2  Thank 14jengen
CourtyardBrandywine, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear 14jengen,

Thank you for choosing The Courtyard Marriott Brandywine. We appreciate the feedback on our performance during your stay. We value each of our guests opinions, as this allows us to recognize when our service was exceptional. After reading your reveiw ,we are estatic to hear that your stay was beyond your expectations. As a manager it is very rewarding to hear how friendlly and accommodating our staff was during your time with us. Again, we are glad to have recieved positive feedback, and we are looking forward to seeing you again.

Best Reguards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, great staff, great customer service-especially Kane! We liked our room a lot and it was so comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely recommend it to our friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear NutmeggerGirl,

Thank you for providing our hotel with feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard Marriott Brandywine. I am so thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and wanted to recommend our hotel to your family and friends! This is the type of feedback we never get tired of hearing. I will be sure to let Kane know he made quite an impact on you during your stay with us. I look forward to seeing you in the future should you ever been in the area.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Every aspect of our stay was terrific. My first contact with the hotel was over the phone with Samantha. She was one of the most professional, pleasant, efficient front desk staff that I have ever come in contact with. She handled my complicated reservation request with ease.

At checkin, manager Eric was friendly and welcoming. Our room was immaculate and comfortable. I also want to mention Luis at the front desk and additionally the two ladies at the front desk when we checked out. Every staff member we came in contact with was incredibly accommodating and kind.

There was always a refreshing fruited water available throughout the day and in the evenings there were Hershey's kisses ( a huge hit with my kids).

We stayed at another Marriott after our three night stay here and I have to say there was no comparison. This Courtyard is the cream of the crop...there are many extra touches that are not offered at other Courtyards.

Looking forward to returning in October!

Dear TravelwFlair,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us with feedback on your most recent stay at our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed stay with us. As a manager, it always makes me smile when I hear my employees recognized by name, as we pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service. For someone to be recognized by name, they must have made a huge impact on your visit! Thank you for seeing and sharing with us how amazing our team at the Courtyard Marriott Brandywine is! We look forward to seeing you again in October!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Nicely updated Marriott in a good location. But the staff (Edwind, Luis, Samantha) really set this Marriott apart from even many full service Marriotts I have stayed in. They will go out of their way to ensure a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2014
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Brandywine, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Wilmington Brandywine was enjoyable.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

It was only overnight, but I was very satisfied with everything this hotel had to offer. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was very helpful, the pool and the whirlpool were immaculate. The little Bistro served a very nice breakfast and the staff here, too, was very accommodating. I've always stayed at Marriott's and I'm pleased to add this one to a long list of stops I will return to.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family