“The best hotel”

The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bal Harbour
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Five star all around! From the decor to the extraordinary service. Specially the great service in the pool and one particular person was my butler Jeferson for going above and beyond in all aspects of hospitality. My wife and son had an amazing time! Looking froward to coming back to this property..

The Johnson family

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear David J,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay. We are delighted you and your family had a great stay, and I will be sure to share this with Jefferson. We look forward to your next visit to Miami.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,507)

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

The best hotel in Miami area. The beaches, food and service are amazing . When in Miami come to St Regis . The entire area is amazing bal Harbour shops great shopping and restaurants . Try Makato and Il mulino . Beach is amazing and very clean . Must stay

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear AP411,

Thank you for the lovely review of your recent stay at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. We look forward to welcoming you back to Miami's best address again soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

My son and I have just returned from our third visit to the Bal Harbour Resort in Florida.
Each time our visit gets better. The staff is so well trained and the caliber of professionalism beyond compare.
A special thank you to two exceptional employees - Mohamed made every breakfast a delight and Sabrina by the pool/beach catered to our every need.

In addition to a wonderful attentive staff the property is beautiful and well kept and the restaurants suburb. What more can you ask for. We will be back for another 8 day stay in March!
Lillian Brienza - Cold Spring Harbor , New York

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful- well appointed and spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Lillian,

Thank you for sharing your experience here with the TripAdvisor community. I am delighted to read your experience was wonderful, and that Sabrina and Mohamed made your stay extra special. We are very thankful for your repeated visits, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in March.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

From the moment you arrive, you are made to feel welcome. The property is gorgeous, the staff are wonderful and the overall experience is sheer perfection. As special mention to Jose Sanchez, a door attendant at the hotel. He greets you as if you are royalty and always remembers returning guests. He is the man to see for anything you require and desire. Special mention to Dimitrious and Elana in the restaurant. Excellent servers. Curtis at the pool is so gracious and helpful as well. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys first class vacations. Adrienne and Ben. Toronto, Canada

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Ademichele,

Thank you for the lovely review of your recent stay. I am happy to hear you felt welcomed from the moment you arrived, and that carried on throughout your stay. I will be sure to share this review with the staff you mention, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Visited the St Regis Bal Harbour for a trip with a friend. Wanted something different than typical SOBE. Wow. This property delivered in spades!!!!!

PROs:
--SPG Pay w/ Points. I paid for the room with points from my Starwood account. Typical level 7 points...with SUPERIOR experience over other SPG level 7 properties
--beautiful property. Attention to detail abounds in every aspect of this property. The design aesthetic is a level of glamour unsurpassed by ANYTHING else in MIA (and I've been to many).
--service. The staff are amazing. Friendly. Proactive. Problem solvers. Fun. Just amazing. This is a pretty large hotel. And yet the staff still called me by name when they saw me around the property. Stopped to chat and ensure I had what I needed. Just wonderful
--great food. Yep. You expect it at st Regis but the food is as good as anywhere.
--WONDERFUL rooms. Man. We stayed in the relatively basic ocean view room #2004. And by basic, I mean lowest price...cause everything from the private elevator to our floor to the ocean view w/ loungers and surround sound, were FAR from basic. It was an AMAZING room. Again every detail was plush, luxurious, welcoming and practical all at the same time. The balcony is to die for. I hardly hung out by pool because my private balcony was so large and comfortable.

CONS (really scraping to come up with some)
--location. Bal Harbour is a nice place. But a bit north of sobe. Was great for the chill experience we wanted. But pricey cab ride if you want sobe fun.
--food prices. This is expected. So not a surprise. But be prepared. The good and beverage prices are astronomical!!!!!! Again. It is what you expect for a st regis in MIA.

All in all....absolute wonderful heavenly greatness! I WILL be back!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ATLHotelLuva

Dear ATLHotelLuva,

Thank you for sharing such a detailed review of your recent stay. We are happy to hear you had a wonderful experience and that our staff made you feel like home. We are very proud of our staff and the amenities of our hotel, so it make each and every one of us happy to read reviews like yours. We look forward to welcoming you back to Miami's best address again soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I´ve been to St Regis Bal Harbour last year, didn´t have a memorable experience and posted a review at Tripadvisor. At the time the manager apologized and said that I should contact him directly in case I ever decide to visit the hotel again.
That´s what I did when I booked a recent 5 night stay - and the manager promptly replied.
I have to say that this time everything was perfect! Wonderful room, great breakfast and flawless service!
Some companies ignore what customers have to say. Other, listen to them - and that´s what St Regis Bal Harbour did.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CrisCorrea

Dear CrisCorrea,

Thank you for sharing your kind review here with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear your return visit was flawless, and that you experienced the level of service expected at a five-diamond resort. We take every review very seriously, and thank you for sharing your experience.
We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have read the reviews but you truly don’t get the sense of service until you experience it. As soon as the car pulled up, the over-the-top service started and did not end until we left. We spent a lot of our time at the pool. Kurt was always there to greet us at the door with a smile and a few nice words. He would walk with us until we found a spot and then prepare the chairs for us. He always asked if he could get us something. All the pool service was excellent, but I would like to point out Rodrigo. He made our experience truly outstanding. For example, my wife was holding our baby while she was sleeping and Rodrigo came over and put pillows under her legs and arm. He did things to make our experience great the entire 3 days we were there.

Luis dropped us off in the Bentley (First time in a Bentley). It was fun talking with him as we cruised Collins Ave. This was a great way to end my trip to the St. Regis.

I have only one major complaint. This is a serious situation that needs to be looked at by management so it doesn’t happen again. Apparently, the hotel was put on water restriction (water undrinkable) the day before we arrived. At check in, no one told us about this restriction. Around 7, a member of the hotel staff dropped off a letter advising us not to use tap water. I was very upset because this was the first I heard of this and I was using tap water to make formula for my baby all day. Thankfully, my baby did not get sick.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Justin S

Dear Justin,

Thank you for your lovely review of our service at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am delighted to hear our staff made your stay extra special, and I will share this review with Kurt and Rodrigo at the Pool & Beach. In regards to the Boil Water notice, as we expressed in person, we took every effort to inform and alert guests of the notice in person and with letters, but please accept my sincere apology for the word not getting to you sooner. I am relieved to hear your baby was fine. We look forward to welcoming you back to Miami's best address.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bal Harbour
#4 of 214 in Miami Beach
The Miami Beach EDITION
The Miami Beach EDITION
#12 of 214 in Miami Beach

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!