“Almost perfect!”

The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bal Harbour
Reviewed 6 May 2014

St. Regis in Bal Harbor is an uber luxurious hotel in a prime location. It's directly across the Bal Harbor shopping center, which may be one of the most expensive high end malls in the country. In addition it's in the middle of a Jewish neighborhood, where the local restaurants and bakeries provide Kosher cuisines (kosher steak house, kosher bakeries).

The room we had, had an ocean view. It was awesome. The weather on the beach side of the hotel is significantly better then the road side, I assume this is a beach affect.

The pool was great, live music interesting.

The butler service was helpful, she booked reservations for us 3 days before we arrived to the hotel.

The only problem, which was shocking considering how expensive this hotel was ($1000/night or 30,000 SPG points) was the cleaning service. Our room did not get cleaned until almost 7pm the next day. Even stranger, we had spilled orange juice on our sheets. Rather than change the sheets, the cleaning staff flipped the sheets over assuming nobody would notice.

At a $200/night place, fine. But not at a $1000/night, uber luxurious, ultra exclusive resort like the St. Regis

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Omair_Rana,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am deeply concerned to read of your experience with our housekeeping service, and I will look into this incident further to ensure the proper procedures are in place. Again please accept my sincerest apology. I am happy to read that your overall experience was pleasant, and you enjoyed your time at our resort. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

There are newer reviews for The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel has the best service you'll find anywhere. The entire staff goes completely out of their way to make sure your every need is not just taken care of but anticipated.

Special kudos to the Door Attendant, Jose Sanchez, for his hospitality and high class service.

My only complaint is that they chase children out of the hot tub. It's fine if you have some hours that are adult only, but there should be a reasonable policy that allows children to enjoy the hot tub as well.

2  Thank DTraveler2323
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear DTraveler2323

Thank you for sharing your comments with the Trip Advisor community. We are delighted to hear you had a great stay. I we are happy to hear Jose took great care of you, I'll be sure to share this comment with him.

We look forward to your next visit to Bal Harbour

Hotel Manger

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My family had not been to Miami for a long time, so for spring break this year, we decided to check it out again. Looking over our options, we stumbled upon the St. Regis, Bal Harbour online. This hotel seemed to be the nicest overall compared to hotels in a similar price range. The room we booked online was a Grand Luxe Guest Room with two queen beds. The room at the time of our stay went for a bit over $1000 per night. The price you pay to stay at this hotel is well worth it.
I requested a roll away bed as my children want to have a bed for each of themselves. This reservation was made months before our time of arrival. A few days prior to our scheduled arrival, I received an email saying they could not put a roll away bed in our room. Spending the amount of money we were, I would have expected that email to have come right after the reservation had been made. After a little bit of argument over the issue, they agreed to have a roll away bed put in our room. That was just one of the service problems. When I made this reservation, I had done research and requested a certain placement on a high floor to ensure we had a good view. As we were being checked in, we were told that the request was unable to be granted. Again, we had to argue with the desk agent and it turned out they did have a room with the view we wanted available. Although we still had a good time at the hotel, I thought that instead of us having to work to get what we wanted, they should have just given us what we asked for.
After those issues, the rest of our stay was pretty much problem free. Our room was beautifully designed with an amazing bathroom, sleeping area and the largest balcony we have ever had at a hotel. The things that really made this hotel special were their attention to details. Instead of having straight hallways to the guest room, each two rooms opened out into a large foyer-like "room" which was part of the hallway. The entire room was controlled by a panel on the bedside table, and you could control all of the functions on the televisions with your smart phone or tablet. The room also had free wifi. Not to say there weren't any problems with the room though. Everything was wonderful about the room except for the pillows on the bed. The pillows were very comfortable feather pillows, but, when we went to sleep, upon laying down, the oder that was emitted for these pillows was terrible. It wasn't stinky, it simply smelled like someone had slept on them for a few nights and they were not cleaned. So we called house keeping and they immediately brought up foam pillows that did not have the smell in them.
The pool and beach were wonderful. The pool area was meticulously clean and the beach had a sand bar which made the water shallow for wading. But again there was a small problem. The first day we arrived, we ate at the hotel's pool side restaurant called fresco. It had wonderful calamari and truffle french fries, but thats about it. The rest of the meal was terrible and the lunch costed us a hefty $200.
After overcoming that issue, our stay was perfect. The staff was very polite and always said hello to us. Some of the things that made the general staff so wonderful was how if it was raining and we had our car puled up to go somewhere, they offered us four umbrellas, one for each person in our family, they also offered water bottles at no charge.
Overall I really enjoyed staying at this hotel because of its exclusivity where Ferraris parked out front were not a rare sight. I also really liked the room with all of the wonderful amenities and design. When my family and I come visit Miami again, I could not imagine us staying anywhere nicer than the St. Regis Bal Harbour.

1  Thank FamilyTripTrak
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear FamilyTripTrak,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the tripadvisor community. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the technology in our guest rooms and that your time at the pool and beach was wonderful.

We hope to welcome you and your family back soon.

Dant Hirsh

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I burned 25k Starwood points for one night at this hotel and it was well worth it. This is probably the nicest hotel I've stayed in and I travel a lot. The staff is extremely nice and helpful and the amenities are wonderful. The location is lively but not too crazy like in south beach.

The food is nothing to write home about but the fact that you can be served on the beach more than makes up for it. Food and drinks are expensive but not if you factor in the view and friendly staff.

I cannot wait to visit again when I can make it happen.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pmkinney

Dear pmkinney,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. I am very happy to hear that our resort was very much to your liking.

It would be a privilege to welcome you and your wife back soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had a wonderful four day getaway here to celebrate our ten year anniversary. The stay was incredible from start to finish. Excellent check in, met with champagne. Our suite had a beautiful view and so many nice amenities. We stayed in a suite and we only had one neighbor who we never heard. It was amazingly quiet The JG grill provided a memorable and delicious first night dinner and chocolate covered strawberries awaited us when we got back to celebrate our anniversary. The furniture was comfortable and great for lounging and sleeping.

The service beachside and poolside was courteous and friendly without being obtrusive. Kudos to Wagner and Carlitos for example. I enjoyed my excellent facial with Sylvia at the gorgeous spa and spent some time getting ready for dinner there that night at the vanity with salon style equipment. The butler and concierge staff pressed our clothes and made reservations for us. We never had to wait for our car when we asked the valet to bring it. After a run on the beach, it was great to come back to the beautiful gym with fresh towels, water and plenty of great equipment. The grounds were clean and not crowded. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and thank the staff for providing such a uniformly good experience. With so many factors involved that is truly hard to do. This is why I continue to be a Starwoods member.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear pmkinney,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your short visit.
We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy our unparalleled service.

We look forward to your next visit.

Dant Hirsh

Reviewed 26 April 2014

After traveling for work and pleasure for so many years you begin to notice what separates the great from just good. From the moment we walked in it was perfect. No standup checkin . Champagne for us as we filled out guest registration, they even thought ahead to have a fruit smoothly for our 5 year old.
Our room was ready for us and I mean "us" they had everything we needed already there. Including a snack try for our hungry little traveler. They get it, figured kids would need a snack after traveling. Made our life so much easier.
They have adult pool so we did not have to worry if our son was bothering people. Plus plenty of beds and chairs for all.
I Am looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrea L

Dear NYCGirlNyc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here with the TripAdvisor community. I'm delighted to hear you and your family had such a great stay, and that our staff went above and beyond to make you feel at home. I'm happy you were able to enjoy our family-friendly resort pool, and the resorts amenities. We look forward to your next visit, and hope to welcome you back to Miami's best address.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed 4 nights at the St Regis Bal Harbour as a family. It was a very pleasant experience. The suite was amazingly spacious and proportioned, perfect to accommodate a family of 4. The décor is contemporary and elegant. Somehow, the room is quiet, which is rare in Miami and we had great nights of sleep. The Butler service is efficient and lovely. The location is perfect for luxury shopping but you do need to drive for a good party towards South Beach (we didn't mind).
The negative points are mostly related to the family aspect, but it's probably a Miami thing.
The amenities for young children are inexistent and the pool is small (although the surrounding chairs are lovely). Food for babies is tricky to organise and children menu caters mostly for teens.
Kids club is okish but again mostly for bigger kids (I judged it unsafe for my young son as it is barely supervised).
The concierge is uptight and pretentious. If you have friends in Miami, use them to do your booking for hot stuff.
The sushi bar was surprisingly excellent an the breakfast very nice and generous.
Overall, the staff is lovely and trying to please you as best as they can.
The price for value is good for Miami as well.

Room Tip: if you have children, get a suite with dishwasher and washing machine. Not all the suites, have them...
2  Thank The_Smalls_in_London

Dear The _Smalls_in_L...

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay. We are happy to hear you had an amazing stay, and that our staff went above and beyond to make you and your family feel at home.

We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Miami.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bal Harbour
City Center
W South Beach
W South Beach
#14 of 210 in Miami Beach

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!