Property sits on the beach with great views and easy access. It looks brand new. Huge, immaculate room. Very high tech -- from the elevators to the light controls. Absolutely no
room to room noise. A huge flat screen HD TV.
With two slight hiccups, the service was very good. I called the concierge to arrange for a cab back to the airport. He said he could not arrange for a cab but could offer me a $115 town car
in lieu of the ($43) cab. Not one to give up that easily, I called the valet. He said he would have a cab there at 5 am. We were at the door at 5 but no cab. The valet on duty said he never received the request. It took 15 minutes to snag a cab off the street.
The food was a disappointment. We were there for a firm meeting but even taking that into account, the meats were dry, overcooked and tasteless. The salads, sandwiches and desserts were good. We ordered basically a bacon, egg and sweet roll breakfast through room service and it cost $70. Again through room service, two sandwiches, an 8 oz. Coke and dessert for dinner -- $90. Neither one was of a quality that would command that price.
Overall, a great place to stay. Just eat elsewhere and avoid room service. I don't mind paying top dollar for food if the quality is there. This time it wasn't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an exclusive enclave in Bal Harbour with luxury oceanfront accommodations, quiet unwavering taste, anticipatory service and seductive amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Hotel Bal Harbour
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort Florida