“Best Hotel in South Florida” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bal Harbour
Doha, Qatar
“Best Hotel in South Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I usually don’t write many reviews but I really wanted to share my outstanding experience in the St Regis Bal Harbor. I’ve been there 2 times for work, the last of which was a few weeks ago. I love the location, design, service, not to mention the gorgeous ocean view room & all of that technology. The bathroom is incredible with a TV inside the mirror!

The service personnel were excellent. At one point, I was in a hurry and needed some extra towels when I heard the room bell being rung by a minibar guy named Yan. He called me by name & he was very polite. I asked him for extra towels, some extra water and Ice, & he said I'll be right back. He left and 5 minutes later I heard the bell again and it was him with the towels, ice and extra water that I asked for! I knew this wasn’t even his job but that’s kind of service you will find at this St Regis. He even helped me set up the wifi for my phone. The housekeeping was excellent and the room was very clean when I arrived. Oh and I forgot that the hotel even knew it was my birthday and sent a delicious cake to my room! Can’t wait to get back to the St Regis Bal Harbor & be treated like a guest should be at a five star hotel!
Frederik Van Zyl

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Frederick V

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest during your recent visit to Miami.

We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

The St. Regis hotels are known for class and luxury, well this hotel is no different! The rooms are amazing. The hotel, it is very high end and fancy and near to the Bal Harbour Shops. If you are a regular Mandarin Oriental, Four Seasons, Ritz-Carlton or Acqualina, you might not feel comfortable with the size of the rooms, the rooms are small. The St. Regis rooms are big, modern, spotlessly clean and surprisingly large. Having said that, this is one of the best hotel around the world.J & G restaurant is excellent for Dinner or lunch, good service. Breakfast was good But most of all, the fantastic concierge service, Brian and Robbin took great care of us. Housekeeping and the staff are all so welcoming. absolutely impressed by the quality of service. Great location we have the luxury of choosing between two international Airports. I can't wait to go back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Edwin M

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. On behalf of the entire team at The St. Regis Bal Harbour, we are so pleased that you were able to experience our hotel and enjoy the high service and quality levels upon which we pride ourselves.

We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the near future!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I decided to spend our anniversary in Miami. We booked the deluxe ocean view room at the St. Regis in Bal Harbor for four nights. This was our first time staying at the st Regis in Florida but loved our experience wit the hotel during a previous stay in New York City.
Prior to arriving I let the hotel know that we were celebrating our anniversary. When we arrived at the hotel we were pleasantly surprised to learn that we had been upgraded to the imperial suite. Our room had an assigned butler, Marc Rapp, that gave us an extended tour of the facilities and of the room making us feel right at home. The service at the hotel could not have been better. Marc checked up on us making sure we were completely satisfied and enjoy our stay at the hotel.
One evening we met Marc in the lobby and he inquired about our day while offering us two glasses of champagne. When we explained to him that we are strictly kosher he magnanimously offer to send up a bottle of kosher wine to our room on the house. When we arrived back from our dinner we were blown away to see a very high end kosher French Bordeaux (Castel Grand Vin). We immediately called Marc's cell phone to thank him for making the evening such a memorable one.
During our entire stay we felt that the St. Regis' staff's sole mission was to make the guests feel pampered and we'll cared for. We will definitely be returning for another stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Arthur L

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with the Trip Advisor community.

We are honored that you choose our resort to celebrate such a special occasion. I will make sure to share this kind note with Marc and the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I loved it, stayed there from the 16/20 June , had a work meeting, which by the way, went Ok.
The hotel is really superb, the rooms have beautiful views, and I strongly recommend it.
By the way, ladies beware, just opposite you have maybe the best shops in Miami.Have your credit cards ready!

Room Tip: Sea views, pkease
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Lyfordcay

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy you were able to enjoy the resort after your meeting.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Washington, DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

In my search for a sea-side vacation spot for next year, I saw this property. Sounded marvelous and was pet friendly. I couldn't find the details of the Pet Policy on-line, so I contacted the facility. Here is what I was told: "Yes, we are pet friendly (under 25 pounds). The hotel charges a one time $100 pet fee and $25 cleaning fee per day." Whoa, an additional $25/day fee. That seems excessive. Too bad. I also think a weight restriction is unfair. We have had the pleasure of large and small dogs, no difference in behavior--it's the parenting.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank CookWashingtonDC
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear CookWashington,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with our resort. We appreciate your feedback in regards to our pet policy and hope to welcome you in the future.

Amelia Island, FL USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at the Bal Harbour St. Regis for a long weekend (Thursday to Sunday). The service is what you would expect at a St. Regis. Very attentive and professional. The hotel facilities are excellent. Our room faced the ocean and had a huge balcony with two loungers and a two person table. The workout facilities are very good. There is a nice jogging and bike bath along with beach. Although we did not, I saw several people riding St. Regis bikes on the bike path so perhaps the hotel has bikes to loan. The beach is great with attentive beach service. If you want a chair closest to the beach then reserve the night before. There are two pools. We used the family pool which is directly adjacent to the pool bar. There is attentive pool side service for towels, food and drink.

The food and drink at the hotel is expensive which is not a surprise. If you are traveling with kids, you can purchase an SPG kid's pass for $35 and your child can eat at any hotel restaurant without any additional charge (includes smoothies, etc. at the pool and beach). Your child will be given a wrist band to wear. We had multiple occasions where we were charged for our kids' meals and had to have the bill corrected, so pay close attention. It was not an issue getting it corrected.

The hotel is located directly across the street from the Bal Harbour Shops. If you want to go designer shopping then you are in the right place. There are a couple of restaurants there also but we did not eat at any of them. There is a Starbucks, Flanigan's (great ribs), CVS and Big Daddy's liquors a block or so from the hotel (walk left out of the hotel, opposite side of the street). Mike's Cigars is a 10 minute walk from the hotel (over the bridge and then directly on the left).

There is some construction on the building to the south of the hotel so get a north facing room. We asked to change rooms from our original south facing room. The noise was not horrible but because the balcony was so nice and I knew we would be sitting out a lot, I did not want to hear grinding noise all day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank elhalljr
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear witliving

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience. It was truly a pleasure to have you and your family stay at our resort.

On behalf of the team at The St. Regis Bal Harbour, we are pleased you had a great stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel and let me tell you: it's gorgeous! The service and concierge team are amazing. We were in love and really enjoyed our experience here. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be back again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank DanielaK2543HJ
Dear DanielaK2543HJ

We are so grateful for your feedback, and we thank you for taking the time to review your experience on Trip Advisor.

We hope to welcome you and your friends back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bal Harbour
W South Beach
W South Beach
#8 of 206 in Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,347 reviews

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!