“Super Cool Place, Super Warm Staff”

The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bal Harbour
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Super Cool Place, Super Warm Staff”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel lobby is strikingly beautiful, classy and missing the common registration area; you know you're entering someplace truly special. Elevator button reads room key and takes you to your floor. Rooms are high-end contemporary in design, yet comforting and inviting vs. cold and sparse. Restaurant brunch is first-class, pool and beach area spectacular, and making it all amazing is the friendliest, attentive staff I've ever encountered in a hotel. Every single staff person you encounter is incredibly pleasant and completely accommodating. This St. Regis is the model of what a first-class hotel should be, and, of course, the rate commands it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LadyinMotion
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear LadyinMotion,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The St. Regis Bal Harbour. I am happy to see that you were able to notice what a special resort this is. What makes it so special is the dedication from our staff that you were able to experience firsthand.

We hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Bal Harbour.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is a nice change of pace for the miami/fll area

left my teens at home - yet there were alot of families with kids there-
and the kids were having a blast

the decor is to die for- and if you care to take the time , to see the effort to make the hotel look so great- from the color scheme, mirrors, flowers the artwork and team on deck keeping it clean - you can tell someone cares to keep it nice

room- no bad view on property, clean and great master controls - lighting curtains etc, bed was great- walk in closet, rain shower, neutral palette - plenty of space to do cartwheels down the hall - if you are so inclined ...

pool- skipped it , but there was water and fruit there and dining poolside so was a nice set up

beach- cute little flags to raise for service from the staff.. great lunch and large " bento boxes"
to make it less of a mess to eat on the beach - this is probably the best set up i have seen for any hotel for the beach

J& G restaurant - staff were so friendly and the food was supberfor dinner - presentation was on point

room service- super fast, and very nice servers - set up on the balcony with no problems

butler- passed .... but maybe next time will call for something ...jeeves...

shops- nice to hop across street to shop or dine, never know who you will run into at the mall there

location- near south beach short drive, near fll short drive really an all around VIP great escape

last but not least, paper on the door, coffee in the lobby in the morning and water bottle along with a "safe travels" from valet...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank row12
Dear row12,

Thank you for taking the details of your recet visit to The St. Regis Bal Harbour.

I am happy to hear that your visit to our resort was to your liking and you were able to experience our bespoke service.

We hope to welcome back in the near future,

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Love the St. Regis Bal Harbour resort in Bal Harbour, Florida. Before
I even arrived I received an email from my butler asking what I needed when I arrived and everything I asked for was granted. I must commend the staff who made a huge impact on my service. #1 David Giles at the pool and the beach. He made each day a delightful experience from service to conversation. I would see him running around to please everyone yet still took time out to remember my name and ask me how I was doing. I actually ended up seeking him out to see where he was each day and would go to that location because his service was so exceptional. I've stayed at many Starwood properties (20+) and never received such service with a constant smile. Ryan in Private Dining also made my experience with room service exceptional. The private dining staff would bring me hot water and a bowl everyday for my oatmeal that I had brought with me, without question, and at no charge. The security and valet service was key due to the fact I was traveling alone and would always remember my name, very impressive. The rooms are the best ever with plenty of space to live for a month, I only wish I could have stayed longer!! What else makes this location nice is you can fly to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale so it gives plenty of flight options. I have already booked my next trip to Bal Harbour and cant wait to go. The only down side I found was having to call housekeeping for things that were missed in cleaning or amenities. Thank you for the exceptional service and experience. Shari.prncss@cox.net

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Shari K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the trip advisor community.
I am happy to hear that David and Ryan took such great care of you during the holiday weekend. Their dedication is evident by kind words such as yours, and I will be sure to personally share this with the entire team.

We look forward to your next visit.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Super deluxe beachfront resort in upscale Bal Harbour where every bedroom enjoys stunning sea views and guests can avail themselves of St Regis' personal butler service, private cabanas, direct beach access and waiter service on the sand. Opulent, luxurious, understated and fabulous. Not cheap but you pay for what you get, and The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort is worth every cent.

My Grand Luxe ocean front one bedroom Suite was 1,250 square feet of sheer luxury, with a spacious bedroom, dressing room, laundry room, kitchen, open-plan living/dining room, two marble bathrooms and two oversized glass-enclosed balconies with spectacular ocean-facing views of the Atlantic. Not to mention the St. Regis butler service which was attentive, fast and flawless. Thank you Ewan, my butler, for looking after me so well. And thanks to the incredible concierge team of Frank Cuenca, Giselle Mueller and head concierge Brian Bean, all of whom took incredible care of me throughout my stay.

Thanks to Joan in the hotel's Remède Spa who gave me a superb, relaxing paraffin wax manicure and pedicure.

And last but by no means least, nothing was too much trouble for the attentive food & beverage team lead by director Cajetan Arujo, formerly of St Regis Doha. Thank you Caje.

The Cultured Traveller will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheCulturedTraveller
Dear TheCulturedTraveller,

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest during your recent visit to Bal Harbour.

On behalf of the entire team at The St. Regis Bal Harbour We would like to thank you for your kind words. I am very happy to hear that our Butler's, Concierge, Spa and our Food and Beverage teams made your experience that much more special.

We hope to welcome back in the near future.

Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The room was very big and I stayed in the smallest rooms that they have.
The breakfast was great and the price was very good if you compare to most hotels (US$ 30).
The service was excellent.
All rooms have a big balcony with ocean view.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank TaisGarcia
BalHarbourManager, Manager at The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear TaisGarcia,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community.

I am very happy that you enjoyed your guest room and the high service and quality levels upon which we pride ourselves.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

New York, NY
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent resort with excellent service. You can't go wrong here. Fantastic all around. This is one of the most well designed resorts I have ever stayed at. Everything is stunning. The pool service seemed to be just a bit more attentive than the beach service - but the beach is breathtakingly beautiful and a bit more private feeling than the pool. One word of caution - avoid eating at the mall across the street. The shops are high end but the restaurants, particularly Carpaccio, are decidedly not.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EWR2AUS
Dear EWR2AUS,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our resort. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our pool and beach.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is my third time at this fabulous resort. When I was there last month I mentioned to Jose Sanchez my wife and I were going on a cruise for her birthday and we would be spending a few days before we left. Jose went above and beyond to ensure my wife had a great experience and surprised her with a birthday cake and champagne. Cannot say enough how all of the staff including Jose make you feel like royalty. Nice little getaway from home. Definitely will be back again!!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Shaqdad
Dear Shaqdad

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest during your recent visit to Miami.

I am very happy to hear that Jose took such great care of you and your wife during her birthday.
At the St. Regis we pride ourselves in personalized service, and we are glad that you were able to experience it first hand.

We look forward to your next visit soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bal Harbour
City Center
W South Beach
W South Beach
#15 of 208 in Miami Beach

Been to The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort? Share your experiences!