“Wont stay here again”
Review of Sea View Hotel

Sea View Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bal Harbour
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Overall we would not stay here again. The staff here was just awful. That coupled with the nickel and diming for everything made for an unpleasant experience.

We had to pay $15 to use the "gym" (and I use that term loosely since it had one treadmill and one bike and a small assortment of other equip ) The posted hours to the gym are 7 AM opening. So I went there at 7 AM and they were not open. They had to get security to open the door for me ( and incidently he acted like he was doing me a HUGE favor by opening the gym - that I was paying for - when it should have been open ) So anyhow, I am running - and as any runner knows I like to keep a good pace / time, and the trainer there comes up to me mid run and interupts me to tell me that the staff at the front desk forgot to charge me and there is another form that I have to sign. ?? HUH!!!?? So after getting into the gym late, finding someone to open the gym and having my workout interupted, still charged $15. And it felt like the AC was not working as the temp was a good 10 degrees warmer than it should have been.

The staff here wasnot very pleasant either.. We looked around the pool for towels ( seems a reasonable request ) and couldnt find any at 7 PM. So I went to the front desk to ask where the towels were (This is a $300/night hotel.Its not unreasonable to ask for a towl for the pool at 7PM ) and she looked at me like I was crazy for asking. She curtly informed me that they only stock towels until 5 PM and that I would have to go back to my room and get one of our TWO bath towels to use for my daughter. Not service that I would expect from a 3+ star hotel that we are paying a lot of money for.

Also for breakfast, we stopped at the coffee place - $13 for a hard bagel, small cup of apple juice and 1 coffee. The parking was $20 for the night and the valet proceeded to scold me for how I put the luggage in the car.

We would not be staying here again. Like the property, like the location, but the staff made this a memorable trip, and not in a good way.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank VernonCT
Sea View Hotel o, Director of Sales at Sea View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2014

Dear VernonCT,
Thank you for your comments regarding your last stay with us at The Sea View Hotel. We always appreciate guests' input of how their stay went. Sorry to hear your experience was not a pleasant one. We are working on your concerns with both management and staff. We are hopeful that you would give us another try to prove we have improved our hotel to your liking. Our guest's experience is paramount to our continued success. We take your comments very seriously and look forward to making improvements as needed. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.
We hope you will stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed at this quaint European style hotel for a week and it was calming, lovely, immaculate, on the beach and accessible to everything. You can walk across the street to Bal Harbor Shops for great dining and "expensive" shopping or you can rent a car be anywhere fairly quickly. Easy access to and from airport. Be sure to visit the South Beach area for a treat...fabulous restaurants, people watching from the Clevelander is fun...This is our 4th visit to this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: As for room location, try to get a room facing the beach...it is lovely. You will feel special. If...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbi1526
Sea View Hotel o, Manager at Sea View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2014

Dear Barbi1526,
We appreciate the fact you keep returning to our hotel and giving us your feedback as well. It's paramount for us to know our guests are being treated well and you have confirmed this.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit and thank you again for staying at The Sea View Hotel.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I've reviewed this hotel on a couple of occasions...and now, we...my wife and I...were back again. I suppose that returning again and again as we do is a good review in and of itself. It remains a quiet, unpretentious place that we find nice and comfortable. Our room was spacious and both the room and the bathroom were immaculate. I like the bar, where the bartender was always very friendly. On nice days you can sit at the outside bar but inside in the evenings is also very pleasant. All in all, I still recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice....though not glitzy...hotel that has a fine pool and beach. The only one thing that irked me was the hair-dryer that is mounted on the wall above the commode. The hand-held unit wouldn't sit in the wall-mount well at all and I notified the desk about it in person. I know that someone did give it some attention while we were out, but didn't correct this at all because it kept falling out of its place during our stay and, on one occasion, it nearly fell right into the commode. Now, this isn't a big thing, but I feel that it should have been repaired properly or we should have been told why it wasn't. I hope I'm not being petty but this alone prevents me from concluding that the Sea View is an "Excellent" hotel. I guess we don't necessarily need an excellent hotel when visiting South Florida to see relatives. If it were one of our genuine vacations, I'd be more disappointed in this omission. C'mon owners...pay some more attention to the details!! because you do have a nice place, there!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Avrumeleh B

Dear avrumeleh,
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay here at The Sea View Hotel and continually do so as you keep returning. We are most appreciative of this. We look forward to seeing you on your return trip and have addressed your concerns with informing management to correct this issue. Hopefully, when you return, this will not be an issue any longer. It's nice to know we are at the top of your list when it comes to the hotel of your choice.
Many thanks from the management team, as well as, all our staff.
Director of Sales

Reviewed 11 February 2014

My husband & I stayed here for the convenience, however, now we simply love this grand hotel!! The restaurant, the bar, the service...hands down best on the beach!! We have stayed in September and November, looking to return in March.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank GuestservicesGenetti

Dear Kathy T,
Thank you much for that feedback as it's most appreciated!
We look forward to your return and hope we exceed your expectations.
Happy traveling.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed at the Sea View Hotel for the first time in January 2014 for three nights. Have usually stayed in chain hotels in South Florida, but decided to give this independent hotel a try based on a recommendation. The Sea View Hotel was recently refurbished and could best be characterized as "old meets new." Was glad to see owners kept the best of the old while incorporating the best of the new. Location is ideal - close enough to South Beach, but far enough away to avoid the congestion and craziness. The beach is first rate and there are superb restaurants and shopping opportunities nearby. The location offers easy access to freeways and points north and south. I found the staff very helpful and courteous. It's not the St. Regis next door, but it's not trying to be, nor does it offer the St. Regis price tag. My experience at the Sea View Hotel does not mirror several of the earlier negative reivews on this site. Any question or concern I had was promptly and effectively addressed by the staff.

Room Tip: Hotel is located on the beach and offers unobstructed ocean views.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ARLAJ

Dear ARLAJ,
We are pleased to hear you had a great stay with us during your stop over in Bal Harbour, Miami. Comments like yours confirms we are heading in the right direction at making our hotel the best it can be. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again on your next visit.
All the best,

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This is a lovely hotel in a superb location (we were there on Christmnas Eve and Bal Harbour is beatiful to behold). It has everything you would expect from a top class hotel in this location. Its just, well, tired. You can't name a single thing that should be there but isn't; its just worn out, needs a refurbish and a shot of Red Bull. No doubt about good value but if you are going to be in the area and can afford a bit more then it will be money well spent.

Room Tip: They have a huge parking lot 3 mnutes from the front door. You don't need to pay for valet! Ro...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank perryburns

Dear perryburns,
We appreciate you staying with us at The Sea View Hotel and the comments you provided us as well. We take them seriously and have under gone a renovation in several phases. The new air conditioning system is being installed now then onto the next phase. We think you will be pleasantly surprised when you return. We always want to strive to be number one and that happens from guests, such as yourself, informing us what you would like to see changed.
The location is superb with the Bal Harbour Shops across the street accompanied by fine restaurants.
We hope to see you again real soon and as always appreciate your patronage.
Best,
Director of Sales

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

My family had an apartment next door and I have had several opportunities to stay at the Seaview and St Regis 1 building south. This hotel has a nice 1950-1960's charm to it with modern in room fixtures. Staff and service are top notch. Book well in advance for the best rate. On many occasions I had a high floor ocean front room with breakfast for $150-$180 night. Much cheaper than the ultra modern St Regis.

Stayed: December 2013
Sea View Hotel o, Manager at Sea View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2014

Dear PipeDoctor,
We are please to hear you have a wonderful stay with us at The Sea View Hotel.
We look forward to seeing you again real soon and thank you for your patronage.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bal Harbour
Sole on the Ocean
Sole on the Ocean
#4 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort

Been to Sea View Hotel? Share your experiences!